Chada House Reviews

2 Soi 3 Ratchamanka Rd., T. Prasing Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

good location and good value for money. lacks a nice common area and backpacker atmosphere though. stayed in the dorm

This is the second time I have stayed at the Chada House, and I was just as happy this time around. Although it is more of a guesthouse than a hostel, I would definitely recommend staying here for anyone looking to stay at a nice clean place in a great location. The rooms are clean, and it has a welcoming atmosphere. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here a third time if I ever go back to Chiang Mai!

Good location, walking distance to the Saturday and Sunday night markets. Dorms are plain but fine. Fans on the ceiling, 10 bunk beds but only the bottom bunks are used. They sweep and mop all common areas daily, so it stays clean. My only complaint is there are just four outlets for 10 beds. If there were more, I would have stayed longer. There doesn't seem to be much security either, but there are lockers to put valuables. 29 Café nearby has good food and is a nice place to meet travelers.

Super location, clean, good size room.

Very great place to stay! Great location, helpful staff and very clean rooms! Will book again!

Everything good, friendly staff, clean, quiet, big dorm. Everything very basic , no extras, but it´s worth for the price!

Very close to the main parts of the city. Helpful staff that assisted with booking excursions and taxis etc. quite loud at night as rooms are not at all soundproof so you can hear everyone coming and going. But a good location to stay.

Great staff, very friendly and extremely helpful. Wifi is unreliable and beds are extremely firm but still an excellent place to stay.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

We stayed 2 nights and were quite disappointed with the staff (not smiling, almost rude) and the noise (people speaking really loud until late in the night). The place was quite clean and well located within the old city though. Would not particularly recommend it since there are a million other hotels with the same value in Chiang Mai.

I love this place and come back here every time I am in Chiang Mai. It isn't a "hopping" atmosphere but it is so clean and excellently located.

A great hostel in a great location. Stayed in dorm for 3 nights, very comfy and clean. Staff very aware of trying to keep noise to a acceptable level. Stayed in own room for one night, was well kept and comfy.

Good place for the money people are helpfull sometimes not so frendly

Great cheap dorm room, excellent location! Staff was super friendly and helpful. Lockers were outside the room and some of them looked rickety. The hot shower was not working but they fixed it right away.

I really enjoyed my stay there. I made a reservation for a total of 6 people. We were all well taken care of. We loved it. Well located and clean. Noon (Nun?) Is the best staff ever! Clean and calm. My only complaint is with regards to the plugs, which are not enough for all the 20 people in the room.

Well run establishment. The girls run a tight ship. No frils, no extras. Just basic , clean amenities.

• 21st Jan 2014

Great location, within the city walls, bed was comfy and clean, bathrooms were clean but didn't have hot water! Only thing the place needed was some atmosphere, not the best place for a lone traveller but excellent values for money!!

Great location, and very clean. Like most SE Asia hostels they want you to put the toilet paper in the trash bin, but they never cleaned it. Staff was indifferent. Still a good place to stay.

Kind of like a little hotel its really close to everything and really good!

The staff were incredibly rude. We booked an elephant trek with them and after looking up terrible reviews about it we wanted to cancel. The two women were making it very difficult for us and were making us feel really uncomfortable. We left and booked with another hostel because we couldn't bear to give them our money. No atmosphere at all at the hostel. No bar or even many guests to talk with. Although it is very cheap there are other much better places in the area. I would not go back.

• 11th Jan 2014

Good atmosphere in the dorm. Nice hot showers. There doesn't seem to be any staff past 11pm.