Chada House Reviews

2 Soi 3 Ratchamanka Rd., T. Prasing Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Would be good if you're in a group because otherwise it lacked atmosphere. The only dorm had fans and no air con, but there were only three fans for the whole room so it was pretty hot during the night.

We found mouse poop in one of our rooms. The staff were extremely unwelcoming and rude. We paid extra for air conditioning that did not work (we tried with no air con the second night and it was better but even with the windows open, it was cooler outside.) beds were hard for Asian standards. Location was good and security was good (they lock the gate at night).

Great location. We had a private room with aircon, very nice. The lady selling tours was very helpful but kept talking about her "crazy Danish boyfriend" and wanted us to translate a break-up letter to his mother to Danish - pretty inappropriate, but no big deal.

Very basic dorm with rows of bunks and little else, a shortage of plug sockets but ok internet connection.

Clean room, good location. I enjoyed my stay here. It was nice of the owner to help keep my luggage for one night when I went to Chiang Rai. Would definitely recommend it.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Clean, good location but no social atmosphere whatsoever.

We stayed one week at Chada House. It's right in the touristic area, which it's not the best area in Chiang Mai ! The room was ok but the mattress was very hard, a lot more than what we used to have in all our trip in Asia. The staff was not welcoming and not friendly. There is a lot of cheaper place in Chiang Mai to stay. I would not recommend this hostel.

good location and good value for money. lacks a nice common area and backpacker atmosphere though. stayed in the dorm

This is the second time I have stayed at the Chada House, and I was just as happy this time around. Although it is more of a guesthouse than a hostel, I would definitely recommend staying here for anyone looking to stay at a nice clean place in a great location. The rooms are clean, and it has a welcoming atmosphere. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here a third time if I ever go back to Chiang Mai!

I stayed here for 4 nights, and was very basic although clean. The staff were nice, but not very engaging, so didn't feel I could go to them for advice. Local was great, close to many good eats, and walkable to many places. Tucked away in a smaller soi. I was on the ground floor - so I heard people walking/talking by very clearly. Also had to keep my curtains down. WiFi was excellent. Would of been nice if there was a security box/locker. Overall, good value.

Good location, walking distance to the Saturday and Sunday night markets. Dorms are plain but fine. Fans on the ceiling, 10 bunk beds but only the bottom bunks are used. They sweep and mop all common areas daily, so it stays clean. My only complaint is there are just four outlets for 10 beds. If there were more, I would have stayed longer. There doesn't seem to be much security either, but there are lockers to put valuables. 29 Café nearby has good food and is a nice place to meet travelers.

Super location, clean, good size room.

Very great place to stay! Great location, helpful staff and very clean rooms! Will book again!

Everything good, friendly staff, clean, quiet, big dorm. Everything very basic , no extras, but it´s worth for the price!

Very close to the main parts of the city. Helpful staff that assisted with booking excursions and taxis etc. quite loud at night as rooms are not at all soundproof so you can hear everyone coming and going. But a good location to stay.

Great staff, very friendly and extremely helpful. Wifi is unreliable and beds are extremely firm but still an excellent place to stay.

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

We stayed 2 nights and were quite disappointed with the staff (not smiling, almost rude) and the noise (people speaking really loud until late in the night). The place was quite clean and well located within the old city though. Would not particularly recommend it since there are a million other hotels with the same value in Chiang Mai.

I love this place and come back here every time I am in Chiang Mai. It isn't a "hopping" atmosphere but it is so clean and excellently located.

A great hostel in a great location. Stayed in dorm for 3 nights, very comfy and clean. Staff very aware of trying to keep noise to a acceptable level. Stayed in own room for one night, was well kept and comfy.

Good place for the money people are helpfull sometimes not so frendly