Chada House Reviews

2 Soi 3 Ratchamanka Rd., T. Prasing Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Would be good if you're in a group because otherwise it lacked atmosphere. The only dorm had fans and no air con, but there were only three fans for the whole room so it was pretty hot during the night.

We found mouse poop in one of our rooms. The staff were extremely unwelcoming and rude. We paid extra for air conditioning that did not work (we tried with no air con the second night and it was better but even with the windows open, it was cooler outside.) beds were hard for Asian standards. Location was good and security was good (they lock the gate at night).

Great location. We had a private room with aircon, very nice. The lady selling tours was very helpful but kept talking about her "crazy Danish boyfriend" and wanted us to translate a break-up letter to his mother to Danish - pretty inappropriate, but no big deal.

Very basic dorm with rows of bunks and little else, a shortage of plug sockets but ok internet connection.

Clean room, good location. I enjoyed my stay here. It was nice of the owner to help keep my luggage for one night when I went to Chiang Rai. Would definitely recommend it.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Clean, good location but no social atmosphere whatsoever.

We stayed one week at Chada House. It's right in the touristic area, which it's not the best area in Chiang Mai ! The room was ok but the mattress was very hard, a lot more than what we used to have in all our trip in Asia. The staff was not welcoming and not friendly. There is a lot of cheaper place in Chiang Mai to stay. I would not recommend this hostel.

good location and good value for money. lacks a nice common area and backpacker atmosphere though. stayed in the dorm

This is the second time I have stayed at the Chada House, and I was just as happy this time around. Although it is more of a guesthouse than a hostel, I would definitely recommend staying here for anyone looking to stay at a nice clean place in a great location. The rooms are clean, and it has a welcoming atmosphere. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here a third time if I ever go back to Chiang Mai!

I stayed here for 4 nights, and was very basic although clean. The staff were nice, but not very engaging, so didn't feel I could go to them for advice. Local was great, close to many good eats, and walkable to many places. Tucked away in a smaller soi. I was on the ground floor - so I heard people walking/talking by very clearly. Also had to keep my curtains down. WiFi was excellent. Would of been nice if there was a security box/locker. Overall, good value.

Good location, walking distance to the Saturday and Sunday night markets. Dorms are plain but fine. Fans on the ceiling, 10 bunk beds but only the bottom bunks are used. They sweep and mop all common areas daily, so it stays clean. My only complaint is there are just four outlets for 10 beds. If there were more, I would have stayed longer. There doesn't seem to be much security either, but there are lockers to put valuables. 29 Café nearby has good food and is a nice place to meet travelers.