Chalet Inora Reviews

66 Chemin des Couchires, Chamonix, France

If you want to hang out and get to know amazing people while you stay comfortably in Chamonix, this place is for you. A bit out of the ordinary, a large home turned into hostel, this place has an amazing common room where everyone seems to hang out. Included a projector for night time movies, and a ping pong table to have fun with new friends.

An absolute pleasure to stay here. All of the best things about backpacking

My return to Hostelling after quite a few years was made painless by the quality of the place, the nice staff and guests and the good feel of the place; next time I won't leave it too long before I hostel again - especially in Chalet Inora!

• 24th Jul 2015

I loved Chalet Inora. Wonderful staff, laid back atmosphere, quiet location with a beautiful 20 minute walking path to the city center. It was hard to leave this place and I know other travelers also felt this way. No lockers. Attracts an outdoorsy group of people, very friendly, various ages. I will be back!

Not recommended - poor cleanliness, unhelpful staff & needs improvement. I have no idea why this has been rated so highly! The place is not regularly cleaned and I believe I got bed mites from this hostel.

The atmosphere was great! Everyone wanted to give me advice on the best hikes to do during my two-day stay, which was really helpful. The chalet is set up sort of like a big house, so everyone spends a lot of time hanging out in the living room. They also have a full kitchen available for you to use!

• 16th Jul 2015

Absolutely loved the hostel! Staff was amazing and the vibe was very chill. Almost like you were staying in a house with a bunch of awesome people. A good walk from town but worth it. You wake up to a beautiful view of the alps and fresh air coming in through the back door. If I could, I would have spent the rest of my life there.

• 11th Jul 2015

Look no farther great place to stay :) amazing location, people, everything was perfect!!!! It is a chalet not hostel that comfortably fits lots of people. View from balcony is stunning. Couldn't be beat !!!!!

A really fantastic hostel - you couldn't ask for more. A great atmosphere, and in a beautiful spot, with everything you could need. About a 20min walk from Chamonix town itself, but that isn't a problem.....

This was the best hostel experience I've ever had, due to the friendly atmosphere and homeyness of the hostel. The backyard had hammocks and gorgeous mountain views, and my room even had a balcony! I liked that it is outside the business of downtown Chamonix--you feel surrounded by nature, but a pleasant riverside path takes you into town. Loved this place!!!

Superb hostel with an amazing location, very chilled and friendly atmosphere. Best place to stop in Chamonix if your looking for an adventurous and still laid back trip. Hosts Tanya and Alex were awesome!

• 30th Jun 2015

No complaints.....enjoyed my stay.....the staff were nice.

This hostel was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The vibe and atmosphere of Chalet Inora felt like home from the minute I walked through the door. They were overly accommodating to every need. I ended up staying an extra night than planned because I loved it so much. The hostel was full, and they were happy to work around the bookings and find a spot for me. It was perfect! I recommend this hostel 11 out of 10. Don't hesitate to book.

• 24th Jun 2015

I enjoyed staying at Chamonix and the host was extra nicer.

This place feels more like a home than a hostel. It had the best beds we've slept on in 2 weeks. The staff are friendly and helpful.

The staff and atmosphere were top notch! David and Aaron were really cool guys who made us feel very welcome. We met some great people in the time we were there, which seemed to be par for the course at Chalet Inora. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling through Chamonix!

• 19th Jun 2015

I absolutely adored Chalet Inora. It felt like home as soon as I walked in. Everyone was very lovely and I felt safe not to mention the gorgeous view. David was very helpful, always willing to help or chat. Many thanks also to Aaron for going out of his way to help me receive the best paragliding experience. The beds were a tad noisey and hard to not wake others up just rolling over but otherwise everything was absolutely wonderful and I hope I get to come back in the future. :) thank you

• 9th Jun 2015

Chalet Inora is such a wonderful little getaway. The hosts were very welcoming and made great suggestions on what to do in chamonix. Really lovely social vibe as well but if you're interested in spending some time alone that is also definitely doable here. I would recommend coming here in a heartbeat and will definitely be back.

• 4th Jun 2015

amazing place to stay , i would totally come back if i has a chance :x

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Vietnam

Chalet Inora was a great place to stay! Alex and Tanya were very helpful and easy to talk to. David was also very helpful and friendly and took all of us out to the microbrewery in town! I would highly recommend this chalet and I am looking forward to coming back soon.

• 29th May 2015