Chalet Inora Reviews

66 Chemin des Couchires, Chamonix, France

By far my favorite hostel from my time in Europe. Beautiful place, excellent price, and best of all, amazing people. Everyone stayed up late chatting and getting to know each other. It truly felt like a home. It's about a 20 minute walk away from downtown Chamonix, but even as a woman walking alone at night, I felt very safe. If you want a fantastic place to sleep while adventuring in Chamonix, stay here!

• 14th Dec 2014

Clean and excellent view of the garden. The location is quite remote but there is free bus (No.2) to the Chamonix centre.

Chalet Inora was awesome! The location was slightly confusing to find but once you do you will rejoice! The house is beautiful and feels like home. It was very easy to settle in and the environment/people were awesome. The facility was very clean and provided all the essentials to cook and drink. The only thing I'd say is a negative is that if you're placed in a room close to the main living area it can be a little loud at night if you're trying to sleep before 11pm. But go out and mingle!

• 29th Nov 2014

felt at home there in Chalet Inora, situated an 8 mns walk away from Les Praz railway station or a 30 mns walk from Chamonix - thanks lots to hosts Aaron, Leanne and doggy Gus (the co-travellers there included) who made out of my stay a great one...

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Luxembourg

Great place to stay. It's not so much a hostel but more of a house with new friends. Seriously chilled out place with free wifi and you can choose what music to play. The hosts are really friendly and make you feel at home. Great value for money aswell.

Loved my stay here. Not too far from the station, and close to some serious nature. Great chalet.

The chalet is really nice. comfortable and also has the nice view of alpes. At first, it is little bit hard to find. It is, however, in peaceful village and good to stay. I really recommend this chalet.

An incredible place to stay! Alongside the warm and welcoming feel of the chalet it's location is very convenient, a 20 minute walk to the centre of Chamonix and bus/train stations. The Chalet is clean and safe, with amazing views of the mountains. Megan, Xavier and Aaron were great hosts, and made us feel instantly at home, so much so that we stayed an extra three days :)

• 22nd Sep 2014

very nice place

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Really enjoyed my stay at chalet inora everything about the place was great already decided to come back next year the staff are great an it is so relaxed in here almost feel like its your own chalet also the view from there was amazing looking up at mont blanc an the aguille du midi couldn't have picked a better place.

• 10th Sep 2014

Had am amazing time very helpful and friendly staff would have stayed longer if had more time. Highly recommend it for somewhere to stay

• 9th Sep 2014

Chalet Inora was exceptional! The hosts were extremely welcoming and kind; I have never felt more at home while traveling. The rooms themselves were very comfortable and I always felt very safe walking around the neighborhood. The views from this chalet are amazing and the people that stay here are just as welcoming as the hosts. The hosts themselves greeted me at the door, showed me around the home, spent time dissuading trails to hike. I would give Above Excellent for atmosphere and staff!!

• 12th Aug 2014

Very dark hostel. Be aware. You may book a 4 bed room but will be in a 6 bed room. Admittedly 2 beds are on a mezzanine above but in effect, you still have to deal with the lights on and off, passing traffic and reduced space because of the ladder etc. Rained heavily when we were there and were kept awake by water coming from the downpipe discharging 3 metres above the ground just outside our room. Staff very helpful.

Absolutely fantastic place!

Even after researching the best hostels in Chamonix, this place exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere was more like a share house for like minded people. There were trail runners, hikers, mountaineers, rock climbers, paragliders all staying here - it just attracts the adventure types and everyone was so friendly. Within 30 minutes of arriving I got invited out to go running in the mountains that night. Amazing. I stayed an extra 5 days :)

Best chalet I ever stayed in

• 6th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

The hosts are good, the hostel itself is also good. The only problem is too far away from the city. Though many ppl said that it took 20 min walk only,I walked at least 25 min. As a runner and climber, i didn't walk slow,it is not joyful if the weather is bad. So, I move to the ski station once the room is available, which make me more comfortable for going to supermarket or eat out in the city.

We had a great time here in a relaxed, friendly and homely environment. We didn't mind but rooms don't lock (hence only average for security). Great for self caterers as well equipped kitchen. It is a chalet/small hostel so don't expect luxury but you will have fun. Guess most of the guests are young travellers but we 50 plus also felt welcome.

Very good place to stay. Located 20 minutes to walk from chamonix, but you can take a bus which is near the hostel. Also it's near the flegere cablecar, which is a really good one for hikes. It's a chilled out place with beautiful scenery. They have hammocks and slackline. Staff is really friendly and keeping the place very clean.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is located in a house about 2km outside of downtown Chamonix. The hostel is relaxed and very clean. The staff were great and super friendly. I was able to get my laundry done for 5 euros, which was amazing. The walk to and from downtown is about 25 min, but it is a really nice walk along a path next to a river.

View all Chamonix Bed and Breakfasts