Chalet Inora Reviews

66 Chemin des Couchires, Chamonix, France

Chalet Inora was exceptional! The hosts were extremely welcoming and kind; I have never felt more at home while traveling. The rooms themselves were very comfortable and I always felt very safe walking around the neighborhood. The views from this chalet are amazing and the people that stay here are just as welcoming as the hosts. The hosts themselves greeted me at the door, showed me around the home, spent time dissuading trails to hike. I would give Above Excellent for atmosphere and staff!!

• 12th Aug 2014

Very dark hostel. Be aware. You may book a 4 bed room but will be in a 6 bed room. Admittedly 2 beds are on a mezzanine above but in effect, you still have to deal with the lights on and off, passing traffic and reduced space because of the ladder etc. Rained heavily when we were there and were kept awake by water coming from the downpipe discharging 3 metres above the ground just outside our room. Staff very helpful.

Absolutely fantastic place!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Even after researching the best hostels in Chamonix, this place exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere was more like a share house for like minded people. There were trail runners, hikers, mountaineers, rock climbers, paragliders all staying here - it just attracts the adventure types and everyone was so friendly. Within 30 minutes of arriving I got invited out to go running in the mountains that night. Amazing. I stayed an extra 5 days :)

Best chalet I ever stayed in

• 6th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

The hosts are good, the hostel itself is also good. The only problem is too far away from the city. Though many ppl said that it took 20 min walk only,I walked at least 25 min. As a runner and climber, i didn't walk slow,it is not joyful if the weather is bad. So, I move to the ski station once the room is available, which make me more comfortable for going to supermarket or eat out in the city.

We had a great time here in a relaxed, friendly and homely environment. We didn't mind but rooms don't lock (hence only average for security). Great for self caterers as well equipped kitchen. It is a chalet/small hostel so don't expect luxury but you will have fun. Guess most of the guests are young travellers but we 50 plus also felt welcome.

Very good place to stay. Located 20 minutes to walk from chamonix, but you can take a bus which is near the hostel. Also it's near the flegere cablecar, which is a really good one for hikes. It's a chilled out place with beautiful scenery. They have hammocks and slackline. Staff is really friendly and keeping the place very clean.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

The hostel is located in a house about 2km outside of downtown Chamonix. The hostel is relaxed and very clean. The staff were great and super friendly. I was able to get my laundry done for 5 euros, which was amazing. The walk to and from downtown is about 25 min, but it is a really nice walk along a path next to a river.

We were very happy with our stay at the Chalet Inora! The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful, and the casual (and clean) atmosphere made it easy to get to know other travelers. It is a short (15 min) walk from Chamonix but it didn't bother us. It offers a wonderful view of the area, and easy acces to hiking trails.

• 6th Jul 2014

We had a great time staying at Chalet Inora. It's a beautiful chalet with a perfect view of the mountains. Very nice kitchen, dining room and lounge.

• 5th Jul 2014

Very calm area, very nice people. I would stay more nights next time. Good breakfest.

We had great time here, is a place very comfortable, everything is great, like home! but, i can't believe that i've never seen the owner. I don't know if she care about her job or something. When we need some help, she didn't there. so i rate "poor" to the staff.

Great value for the cost. The Chalet has a very home-like feel with plenty of space--lots of places to sit, read, drink a cup of and enjoy the stunning view of the mountains--all of the accommodations you could need to make the stay very comfortable--great kitchen, wifi, warm linens, etc. The hosts were in and out a lot, but more than willing to answer questions when there. The dogs were wonderful. Its is a bit of a walk from the center of town, but that is not a negative thing in my book.

• 21st Apr 2014

Chalet Inora is a fantastic place to stay in Chamonix. About a 30 minute walk from the town center along a gorgeous river path (or 6-8 minutes on the free buses that run through Chamonix) the location is quiet and peaceful, but close enough to be able to get into town for whatever you need. The chalet is incredibly cozy and clean. The free breakfast is simple but pretty delicious, coffee and tea are unlimited, wifi is fast, and there are washing machines available if you choose to use them.

• 19th Apr 2014

The breakfast is very simple, feeling a little dissapointted for that. The shower at ground floor is hard to use, even the host they use the upstair one. You can't expect the dorm is very clean since we saw some tiny trash which was obviously left by ex-guests(cuz there was no trash can in the room) but the bed and the public space are well-keeping. The location is okay since it's close to a bus stop and a train station, but the last bus and train are both back from the center around 19h30.

Lovely place; very relaxing and clean. Great location in the ski season.

This place was great. The hosts, Indy and Leanne, were just awesome. Great deal, and an amazing view from the back yard!!!

The " twin room" turned out to be a 5 person dorm. The shower leaves a lot to be desired and they ran out of coffee. But it was still a nice place to stay.

• 4th Apr 2014

Just stayed here for 6 nights even though we were meant to stay for 4 nights as we loved everything about it. Great atmosphere and a good place to meet others. Location is great a short walk into the town and there is restaurants and shops close by and very close to the ski lift 'Flegere'. Breakfast was great and plenty to choose from. Staff are awesome and very helpful..big thanks to Leanne and Aaron. Definitely the best place to stay in Chamonix!

• 27th Mar 2014