Chaleun Garden Reviews

Main Street, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

I booked this hostel through Hostelworld the day before check in and paid a deposit. On arrival, I was told that the hostel was full and that I would not be able to check in. On showing my booking reference and proof that I had paid a deposit, they offered me a room that had cold water, was dirty and full of mould - it looked like it hadn't been used for a long time. Needless to say I left, deposit-less and in search of another hostel. Not happy. Hostelworld and Chaleun need to communicate.

• 26th Jan 2014

No real complaints. The bed was sizable for two people. They gave us an extra towel and blanket when we asked. The staff were kind of non-existent at times and knew little English but we were able to hunt them down every time we needed to. The location was perfect in the center but back behind the restaurants is it wasn't too loud at night.

Good location, but most places in Vang Vieng are central. No atmosphere. Pans Place is better.

Had a great time overall in Vang vieng, the hostel is just behind the main street and easy walking distance to all bars and restaurants, but not noisy at night. I think we were the only people staying there the whole three nights, so a lot of the time the staff were nowhere to be seen. The flush didn't work properly but overall fine for what we paid. We would've liked a free breakfast but the chaluen restaurant next door does great deals on breakfast!

• 4th Aug 2013

Great location but room was below average. Ants, sink which wasn't plumbed, walls falling to bits. You get what you pay for.

View all Vang Vieng Bed and Breakfasts