Chaleun Garden Reviews

Main Street, Vang Vieng, Vang Vieng, Laos

I booked this hostel through Hostelworld the day before check in and paid a deposit. On arrival, I was told that the hostel was full and that I would not be able to check in. On showing my booking reference and proof that I had paid a deposit, they offered me a room that had cold water, was dirty and full of mould - it looked like it hadn't been used for a long time. Needless to say I left, deposit-less and in search of another hostel. Not happy. Hostelworld and Chaleun need to communicate.

• 26th Jan 2014