8.1
Fabulous 431 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 431 Total Reviews
Chaltunha Hostel San Miguel Flores Located at San Miguel, Flores Peten, Flores.
Guatemala
Flores San Miguel, Flores Peten
81% 431
16.9365962 -89.8864029
    Rooms available

• Switzerland, Male, 18-24
12th Jan 2017
6.3

The Hostel is actually located on the other side of the lake, so you have to take a ferry everytime you need something. Staff speaks barely english, not many other travellers. The owner is friendly and the view is amazing. No lockers, some rooms not clean.

11th Jan 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a couple of nights and have to say the owners and staff are great. Helpful and friendly. The property is really stunning with an amazing view of the water and the Island of Flores. The only thing I would say that wasnt top rate was that there is no hot water for showers and Roosters crow every morning at 4am till about 9am making it impossible to sleep, even with earplugs.

Thanks for your comment. We know that we need to make our rooms more sound proof.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
2nd Jan 2017
6.0

Unfortunately, despite the owner being a great guy, I can't recommend this one - If your in the huts at the back of the property forget about having a sleep in. Roosters is one thing but a cranky neighbour who cranks his music up at sunrise is just ridiculous. There appears to be a dispute between the neighbour and the owners unfortunately. Not an issue if you're camping at the front of the property - Location is inconvenient and just doesn't justify the savings.

Sorry folks. Cant say much about this review. This person just didn't like our place.

• Colombia, Female, 31-40
29th Dec 2016
8.0

This is a hostel worth staying. Neil, the host, was definitely the best host we had in our journey throughout Guatemala. He's such a kind, helpful and charismatic man. He helped us to get the transport we needed and connected us to the tours, we didn't need to move a finger. He made all the necessary arrangements for us, and that was the best part of the hostel. However, the place could have some improvements with the shower(only one working), toilets and bunk beds, not so comfy. Great view too.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
16th Dec 2016
6.9

Off the island of Flores. Easy to get to and very friendly staff. Would definitely stay again

• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Dec 2016
4.3

Did not enjoy our stay here! Location was bad. away from everything. had to order food at hostel that would take an hour or more as he would either be a sleep or watching a movie in his house. (hostel connected to house. he was the only worker) food very basic and over priced. pool wasn't useable. no hot water. toilet smelt of rat wee and didn't flush. beds were the most uncomfortable thing I've slept in. the springs were coming through. the sheets were so thin and very old. don't stay here.

l sincerely apologise for this review. I can understand if some of our clients don't like our hostel. However to make fabricate false information about our place is just rude. It's been slow for us so I know the atmosphere is a bit down. This guest fail to mention that I woke at 4:00am to take to get their boat an bus to go to Tikal. I do this every morning. Yet still be up to serve breakfast at 8:00am. If there are a few guests in the social area and they have eat and got all theirs drinks I have a seat in my living room where any guest can see me if they need attention. Our toilets work fine. We don't even own a cat. Our sheets are fine too. One again I apologies for the very un true review.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
8th Dec 2016

Neil, the owner of the hostel, is great and very helpful! The hostel has a great view of the lake and Flores. You have to cross the lake to reach the hostel or Flores. Breakfast is not included but you can order it for a very reasonable price, it is very tasty, especially the selfmade pancakes!!

• Canada, Female, 41+
4th Dec 2016
7.1

This place is really hard to find. The cafe on the Flores side where you are to get directions is closed on Sundays and closes at 3 all other days. If you take a boat to get there on your own, there are no signs, not even on the hostel itself, and the hostel is on top of a steep hill in a rural Spanish speaking area. The terrace restaurant is basicaly closed, breakfast is hit and miss, even to get water requires banging on the owner's residence and asking for it, glass by glass. Beautiful view.

Hello folks. Firstly I will admit our hostel is on the not on Flores Island. We will fix the signs and direction situation. We prepare our food from scratch so if I am taken up with that then it's possible a guest may knock on our kitchen door. This doesn't happen often. We give away water when our bottle waters are finish. I would like to thanks this guests for his comments.

• USA, Male, 18-24
26th Nov 2016

I stayed here for a quick night before heading to Hodnuras. If I would have had any idea how awesome and helpful the owner is and cool this place that over looks the lake is, I would have definitely stayed longer. Everything about this place was cool and the owner went out of his way to pick me up at night and to take me to the boat at 5AM so I could get my bus in time. I highly recommend and definitely talk to the owner before purchasing any type of excursion or bus ticket. Saved me a lot!

• ShannonReeve98
  • Germany, Couple, 18-24
23rd Nov 2016
7.7

The owner is really nice and it's a fun experience, almost like camping. The bathrooms could use an update. Beautiful view and would be great for New Years.