Chaltunha Hostel San Miguel Flores Reviews

San Miguel, Flores Peten, Flores, Guatemala

amazing little place on the hill across the lake from Flores. Niel was super helpful and very friendly, great huge cabin style rooms, pool and little restaurant. so much wildlife, including howler monkeys. no WiFi in rooms. easy to get over to Flores via boat taxi and niel arranged all of our trips and further travel. highly recommended! try the new sundown cruise!!

Place is located a short boat ride away from Flores. The owner is great with communication. We enjoyed our stay. The restroom had some ants, but what do you expect from a cool little bungalow... Would recommend! The pool wasn't in use and we were the only residents there during our two days. Nice view of the water. There is a small hike involved to get to the place. The owner picks you up and drops you off if he can when you get there and leave.

Great views to Flores and sunset. The hostel was pretty good, but is not very convenient to move around. Besides we couldn't get to the hostel until late evening, since you have to get there by boat.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Spain

Everything was perfect, though it didn´t have a kitchen, but a pool!! so great value for money if you want a calm and relaxed stay! :D

Neil is a great host. Amazing views of Flores in your own little jungle nook. Will definitely stay here again when I go back to Guatemala

• 30th Mar 2015

This hostel has enormous potential, with a fantastic view, pool and bar. The location has a con as you need boat transport to get there, making every excursion a bit more challenging. I did find the lack of a kitchen to use and store food disappointing. The beds and bathrooms weren't particularly clean. However, the hostel owner was the nicest, helping out with everything! Can't say the same for the rest of the staff though.

The location is great but simple. You have to go by boat to the other side, takes 2-3 minutes.. But the view on flores is great.

100% review might sound like I'm not being serious, but that's honestly the case. Neil made my stay the best of all my Central America travels and that's why I've been there twice. On this trip, he hired a local woman to climb a million steps at 8:30 at night with a stove and propane tank to cook empanadas for my girlfriend for her birthday. We were served in a treehouse with chocolate cake and coffee. For my girl's first time out of country, this will be a memory she will never forget. Ever.

• 11th Mar 2015

The owner of the hostel Neil was so nice and helpful! He did everything and a little bit more for all the guest.

• 9th Mar 2015
  • Finland

We loved the view of Flores and chilled out atmosphere here. Slightly inconvienent if you have to boat to Flores often, but for us it was well worth the trip. We would stay here again and recommend it to friends!

You can find a great service in this hostel. The view from the hostel is also beautiful. For me the main problem was the matrix. It wasn’t comfortable at all. On the other hand, it is a good place if you want to be isolate, because San Miguel has only a couple of little grocery stores so you should cross the Lake and pay for the boat every time you need to do anything: take a shuttle, go to ATM, have a meal in a restaurant or buy food.

The owner of the hostel was very accommodating.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Amazing place and Neil is the man. Totally recommend to anyone. One issue we had though - booking a Tikhal day trip through the hostel costs more than what others charged. Don't think they are trying to swindle anyone, but just fyi to others - shop around the travel agencies would be better I think. But again, one of the best places I've stayed for the money and in general. Beautiful view and super chill atmosphere. Will stay there again if I come back!

Lovely lodge with a great view, good hot showers and clean bathrooms. Friendly staff, good food but expensive. Don't buy any tours or shuttle's here, they are also very expensive (150% of the price u pay in Flores)

It's a great hostel hands down. The only problem is that it can be a little difficult to get to and there is a curfew since the boats running to the island stop running around 10 at night.

Neill, the owner, is a extremely friendly and helpful guy. He is full of information on what to do in the area and when you leave early in the morning (4 o clock) he will bring you to make sure your safe. It has a nice garden, a refreshing pool and the best views over the lake and the island of Flores. In the evening you can enjoy the beautiful sunset while enjoying a cold beer or cocktail on the terrace. The price is good and you can enter Flores by boat for 10 quetzales each 5 minutes.

We have spend there some nights. Neill is a great host and really helpful. He does his very best in helping you in every question. I've been robbed in Tikal and I do not know what would have happend to me without his help!. Thanks again and I'm sure that I'm going to visit this beautiful place again! :) There is just one girl at the reception which is not really able to do anything :(

Love the view and the service. The owner was very kind to pick us up and party for the tuk tuk to the boat back to Flores. It was a magnificent experience staying in the chalet.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This was truly the best hostel experience I've ever had. At first I was concerned about the location, since its across the lake from Flores in San Miguel, but it is SO MUCH BETTER than staying in Flores. It is much more peaceful and lowkey, with an extraordinary view of the island, which is easily accessible by water taxi. The owner staff are wonderful

This hostel is over the other side of the lake and you have to catch a boat over from the main part of Flores nonetheless the incredible views are worth the inconvenience! The staff were very helpful and friendly however, one night we went over to the mainland for dinner and organised for a boat to pick us up at 11pm and it never showed up. This meant that we were entirely stranded and had to wait until morning to get back. The wifi was also quite slow. Tthe hostel itself was lovely!