Chambers of the Boheme Reviews

İstiklal Avenue, Kucukparmakkapi sokak No 13, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

The breakfast should start early, I think. As Istanbul is full of interesting (as well as super crowd) spots to visit, one needs to wake up rather early and leave maximum at 8-8:30, Therefore it should be possible to have breakfast in the hostel already at 7:30-8pm. However, I also understand that the spirit of Turkey fights with the concept of earl bird. :-)

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff was very helpful and welcoming, and the overall service was great. My room was clean and comfortable. Everything was just as described. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone as the location is convenient too as it is 3 min walk from the Taksim Square.

Great Place !

Nice hostel ina a very convenient location, being at 100 m from Taksim square. The owner seemed to be very nice, talkative and helpful. A minor problem was given by the noise of the hostel: the beds, door knobs and floor of our room were quite noisy and it was rather easy to be waken up by whoever entered the room when we were sleeping. Also, we had problems with the water 2 times (2 hours one day and 3 the other) in our 5 days stay when there was almost no running water in the bathroom :/

During my 3 week trip from Scotland, England and Turkey I visited 4 hostels and Boheme has been the best by far. The staff was extremely cooperative. the owner, Mr. Ahmat guides you for the trips not only within Istanbul but for trips out of station as well, especially to Izmir (Ephesus and Pamukkale) and Cappadocia. Unfortunately I wasn't able to avail the opportunity as I didn't know and the had to spend a lot more than what Boheme was offering. A highly recommended place I must say.

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Pakistan

For partying it's located well, that also means it can be quite loud during the whole night. WiFi connection is only next to the reception desk. Not a good hostel to meet other people, because there is no good common area. The room and bathroom were pretty dirty and beds were falling apart. It also seemed like anyone could enter the hostel which doesn't make it the safest place to stay.

• 11th Sep 2014

This is a lovely hostel. Right in the centre of Istanbul, close to the main strip but not on it) which is a good thing, the accommodation there gets so much noise). The owner of this hostel is really helpful and nothing is too much trouble - he was really kind, he even let my sister staying somewhere else store her luggage in his hostel and use the. private bathrooms, and clean too! Also comfy beds. Would definitely stay here again if I am ever in Istanbul again.

Owner is amazing. He will assist you in whatever you need whether it's transportation or a place to eat. Great location right in the heart of Taksim. Friendly and helpful staff. Only place we stay when in Istanbul.

This place was fantastic for our stay in Istanbul. It's location was perfect for exploring all of Istanbul as it was close to public transport that had you at Aya Sofia in 20 minutes, Beyoglu was a wonderful place to explore as well! The staff were very helpful, offering to take us to the travel agency to sort out our transport! We would definitely stay again.

This was my third time and I know it's awesome! Super friendly staff and one of the best location you can get in Istanbul. Lekker!

Very poor room, for two euro more it's possible to find something better.

Great Location, with everything a Hosteller would want. Ahmet is a great Guy! Don't be shy to ask him for some advices on planning your trip in turkey! :)

Reall nice hostel in a great neighbourhood and atmospheric building, easy to meet people and helpful staff. The owner Ahmet is the perfect host, very helpful if you need anything, walked us to a restaurant, gave great tips etc. Highly recommended

• 27th Aug 2014

Had such a fantastic stay here. I stayed for 2 nights (which was not enough) and the owner Ahmet made my stay very enjoyable. He was very helpful with tours and was emailing and helping me with a enquiry for a tour days before I even arrived at the hostel. He also walked me to the Laundry to make sure that they didn't over charge me and walked me to the bus stop to make sure I didn't get lost and got on the right bus. He was always around to help with any queries. He went above and beyond.

A lovely hostel manager, Ahmet, who is willing to help you with everything you need for a fantastic stay in turkey! Location is perfect! Close to the main attractions and crazy nightlife. Go to one of the bars in the "tom tom" district ;)

• 24th Aug 2014

Liked the atmosphere. Did not like the very cold airco at night in my room. as it was dark the remote control was always lost. Would REALLY advise the manager/owner to have someone attach it to the wall my means of a cable, close to the airco so from now on people can at night always find it at the same place and turn that damned thing off or warmer if neccesary.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Great place, in the middle of the istambul life. Go there, you will not regrete it !!

Amazing location and hostel/cafe attached have everything you need. Ahmed is, as in every other review, incredible and will do anything to help you out!

• 20th Aug 2014

The location was great, but I was not impressed otherwise. Reviews say good things about the owner but I wonder if he leaves them himself: I found his questions invasive and flirty "jokes" obnoxious. I get enough harassment as a solo woman traveler in Turkey, don't need to get it from staff at my hostel too. Very few toilets and showers and they were dirty. No good common area so hard to meet people. Plus the only place I've stayed in Turkey without free breakfast... why?

Thank you Riona for your comment and feedback. I apologize for the bad experience you had and it surely disappoints us that you were not satisfied. I am personally not quiet sure what happened with the flirty jokes. I am sorry that you had to go through that but I can promise I will look into the problem and solve it. No woman should be harassed anywhere in the world. For the other concerns, we will increase the quality of the service offered to make everything cleaner and more comfortable.

Great hostel! Comfy beds and staff are incredible friendly and helpful. Great location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4