Chambers of the Boheme Reviews

İstiklal Avenue, Kucukparmakkapi sokak No 13, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

This was my third time and I know it's awesome! Super friendly staff and one of the best location you can get in Istanbul. Lekker!

Very poor room, for two euro more it's possible to find something better.

Great Location, with everything a Hosteller would want. Ahmet is a great Guy! Don't be shy to ask him for some advices on planning your trip in turkey! :)

Reall nice hostel in a great neighbourhood and atmospheric building, easy to meet people and helpful staff. The owner Ahmet is the perfect host, very helpful if you need anything, walked us to a restaurant, gave great tips etc. Highly recommended

• 27th Aug 2014

Had such a fantastic stay here. I stayed for 2 nights (which was not enough) and the owner Ahmet made my stay very enjoyable. He was very helpful with tours and was emailing and helping me with a enquiry for a tour days before I even arrived at the hostel. He also walked me to the Laundry to make sure that they didn't over charge me and walked me to the bus stop to make sure I didn't get lost and got on the right bus. He was always around to help with any queries. He went above and beyond.

Ahmed goes out of his way to make sure that everyone feels welcome (though don't be put off if you find his sense of humor a little strange). I stayed here as a solo traveler and Ahmed really helped me out with some of my transportation issues. When I was there, the toilet on my floor was broken for almost the whole duration of my stay, which was very inconvenient. Also really did not enjoy the shower, the loud people in the next room, and lack of morning breakfast. Still enjoyed my stay!

A lovely hostel manager, Ahmet, who is willing to help you with everything you need for a fantastic stay in turkey! Location is perfect! Close to the main attractions and crazy nightlife. Go to one of the bars in the "tom tom" district ;)

• 24th Aug 2014

Liked the atmosphere. Did not like the very cold airco at night in my room. as it was dark the remote control was always lost. Would REALLY advise the manager/owner to have someone attach it to the wall my means of a cable, close to the airco so from now on people can at night always find it at the same place and turn that damned thing off or warmer if neccesary.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Great place, in the middle of the istambul life. Go there, you will not regrete it !!

Amazing location and hostel/cafe attached have everything you need. Ahmed is, as in every other review, incredible and will do anything to help you out!

• 20th Aug 2014

The location was great, but I was not impressed otherwise. Reviews say good things about the owner but I wonder if he leaves them himself: I found his questions invasive and flirty "jokes" obnoxious. I get enough harassment as a solo woman traveler in Turkey, don't need to get it from staff at my hostel too. Very few toilets and showers and they were dirty. No good common area so hard to meet people. Plus the only place I've stayed in Turkey without free breakfast... why?

Thank you Riona for your comment and feedback. I apologize for the bad experience you had and it surely disappoints us that you were not satisfied. I am personally not quiet sure what happened with the flirty jokes. I am sorry that you had to go through that but I can promise I will look into the problem and solve it. No woman should be harassed anywhere in the world. For the other concerns, we will increase the quality of the service offered to make everything cleaner and more comfortable.

Great hostel! Comfy beds and staff are incredible friendly and helpful. Great location!

Nice Hostel with a great location. No atmosphere when I stayed there unfortunately, everyone seemed to keep to themselves which was a bit of a disappointment for a solo traveller looking to meet people. Room was fine and nice and clean and everyone got their own locker - just not big enough to fit a big backpack or suitcase in.

Good hostel and good value for money However, there are no major luxuries and the bathroom is outside the room The Staff was very helpful

Ahmed was the best host, the most lovely helpful man, he made our stay in Istanbul!! It was my birthday and he arranged a cake and flowers to my room. The hostel was also perfect location, clean and great value for money. I would definitely recommend staying there again. Thank you again Ahmed!!

• 16th Aug 2014

Ahmed was amazing! Kind and so helpful, I highly recommend this place.

• 14th Aug 2014

Great place. Ahmet is a jokester but very nice. He even convertoney at the perfect rate and buys it back! Thy offered tea and soup at times (free of charge) and really wants their guests to have a great time. Would rebook without a doubt. Wouldn't rec anything for than the 4 or 6 bed tho.

Ahmed was awesome!!.. very welcoming. . And a great host! !!.. highly recommend!!!

Personable, central, and culture up the wazoo.

Excellent location (as long as you like a neighborhood with a lot of activity and energy), and very friendly staff. This is a great option for people who want a good, basic place to stay.

• 6th Aug 2014