Chambers of the Boheme Reviews

İstiklal Avenue, Kucukparmakkapi sokak No 13, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Super location and owner was very helpful.

Simply an excellent stay - many thanks!

home sweet home

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Egypt

The hostel is excellent value for money. The hostel owner and manager in the same time is very nice and helpful.

Everything was fine about this hostel, I recommend to everyone, the location was so good it was very close to main places and you are in the middle of Istanbul's night life too.

I highly suggest it. I normally don't leave reviews but the hostel was really accommodating with my booking mishap and navigation around the city! Perfect location, and really helpful staff.

A basic hostel. It's really good for what it is though. Wifi could be better

I had a really great stay at this hostel. The dorm was in quite a good shape and clean, but the bathroom was in serious need of refurbishment. Staff was really nice, and I had many a long chat with the owner, who had lots of interesting stories to tell, and who really seemed to care for his guests.

This is a nice cozy place. It has Wi-Fi. Istiklal caddesi is 10 seconds away. The staff is very friendly. Feel free to ask any help. Hot-cold water was no problem. It is a quiet place if you need a good sleep you will get it.

Really great location, especially for those wanting to go out to bars and clubs. I did not find the staff warm or very helpful. They weren't interested in making conversation or ensuring everything was ok. However, the owner seemed very friendly. On a few occasions the toilets were blocked. The rooms were clean and tidy, but the whole place just needs a bit of a refresh - such as the paintwork and fixing the broken lockers.

There was no water in the bathroom in the early mourning on the day we checked out.

we booked this hotel as we wanted our experience in Istanbul to be perfect and it certainly was! The reception staff greeted us with open arms and made us very welcome from the moment we stepped in the front door.

• 31st Oct 2014

Everything was very good. Location is perfect as it is close to the main street with all the shops/bars/clubs and also walking distance from where the bus drops you off from the airport. Thx to Mr Ahmed for great atmosphere and hospitality.

indeed an excellent place with a lovely, helpful and caring host, not to mention the convenient location and perfect service. it's a great choice as a hostel!

They should think about bit renovating the place, it's very shaby.

Very helpfull and kind staff, always smiling and available to help in any case of need. I think that, personnally, an effort could be done on the cleanliness, espacially in the bathroom...

The breakfast should start early, I think. As Istanbul is full of interesting (as well as super crowd) spots to visit, one needs to wake up rather early and leave maximum at 8-8:30, Therefore it should be possible to have breakfast in the hostel already at 7:30-8pm. However, I also understand that the spirit of Turkey fights with the concept of earl bird. :-)

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff was very helpful and welcoming, and the overall service was great. My room was clean and comfortable. Everything was just as described. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone as the location is convenient too as it is 3 min walk from the Taksim Square.

Nice place, well located, clean. The head of the staff is very nice, welcoming and helpful. Definitively a good choice to stay. Only downside is that it does not offer an environment particularly suited to meeting other travelers. The common area is rather narrow so people quickly go there for their emails but not much socializing opportunities.

• 20th Sep 2014