Chambers of the Boheme Reviews

İstiklal Avenue, Kucukparmakkapi sokak No 13, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Hostel Owner really funny and helpful. the hostel was not very crowded during the week, but was busy near the weekend. There could be more space / events to meet people, but in general it was a good experience .

Everything was perfect,my trip to İstanbul was very safe,nothing related for the last days events,Perfect time for visiting Istanbul

• 16th Jul 2013

Everything you could want in a hostel. Close to all transportation, although to be honest I walked everywhere I went. The windy lanes by the hostel are beautiful to most down and find a nice cafe or museum and the main tourist stuff is walkable too. It was easy to find, safe to return to at night, and everyone there staff and guests included were good people.

The rooms are spacious with high ceilings and large,secure lockers. The staff are very helpful and are often seen sharing jokes with the guests. Best of all is the location; it's located right in the heart of Istanbul, and it's only a short walk from Taksim square where the buses arrive. It's a vibrant area; full of shops, quirky little cafes, bars and restaurants. You can walk to most tourist sites or take the buses/metro at taksim. Great value.

Reception was great help. Wifi is pretty hit and miss. Lacks a decent common room. Overall good location in a good area...when the protests are not happening...

Perfect location, very easy to go everywhere, Clean rooms good staff it was nice experience. Thanks to everyone !

• 8th Jul 2013

Bathroom and toilet were a disaster. The door handle is broken in the1st Floor. The bathroom on the 2nd floor the tiles were covered with fungus and needs restoration. The toilet bucket was covered with toilet paper till the floor on 1F. Although I notified this toilet issue to the reception, he only responded: " The cleaning lady will come in the morning" and after second thought he added "I will take care of it." However when I left the hostel at 4AM, it didnt get taken care of.

Great location right near Taksim square and near all the nightlife. I highly recommend this place :)

Saleh who is part of the staff was amazing. I wanted to dance salsa and he quickly connected me with people to help me!

This hostel is resting on its laurels from winning best hostel in Istanbul a few years back. It has good bones and nice furnishings (pretty rooms, big lockers), but it lacks a good vibe and the staff seems disengaged. The wifi only works well in the small front lobby, so people are crammed in, whereas they could use the nice cafe area if the wifi worked better there. The shower was a bit moldy. The hostel is in a great area under normal circumstances (ie. when there aren't major protests).

I really liked Chambers of Boheme, but due to unrest in Taskim area, we were not able to enjoy the stay. I want to come back again with my family and stay there. Getting the breakfast there would have been a wonderful thing as there was problem in finding one nearby due to security reasons. The owner of the hostel was very good and coperative. On the way to hostel I lost my I pad which had photos of Hostel ,on 15th June 13 I wish at least for photography I come back to Istanbul and stay here.

• 12th Jun 2013
  • India

This is THE hostel to stay in. Its in a lively location with lots of food and shopping and nightlife. Everything you need right? The owner is soo nice he took me and a few friends out to dinner a hookah for free. There is free wifi and the rooms and bathrooms are spotless. It can be a bit noisy at night thought because of the bars and clubs but who cares, just say up and go out! It was such a fun place to say.

Great hostel

The hostel is located in a region full of bars, restaurants and clubs. But also is really close to Taksin square, where all the protests agains the turkish government are taking place. So if you are adventurous enough it could be an interesting place. Also confortable beds and security is good, with sturdy lockers avaliable. No wi-fi in the rooms though.

If you're into night life of Istanbul, there couldn't be a better location for the hostel. Staff is friendly, all the basic facilities are present (except for kitchen, but do you really need it being so close to Istiklal avenue?), the crowd is mostly young and very international.

Best location you could hope for. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The rooms are tinier than one would have liked but everything else more than made up for this little niggle.

Great place right in the middle of the action in Taksim. Very friendly and helpful staff/owner who offered some safety tips when we arrived & helped us have an amazing time in Istanbul.

• 24th May 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location could not get much better. The staff went out of their way to help us. This is a great place.

in the centre of the city. Don't need to pay for taxi or bus already you are in the centre Very clean. Friendly personal. Room are very confortable and clean. Wc and shower allways clean. best price good qualty. Thanks for hospitalty.

The staff of chambers is really nice and helpful. One of my friends left her jacket on the shuttle bus from the airport to taksim and the boss call the bus company and we got the jacket back. So amazing. Thank you Chambers of the Boheme

• 18th May 2013