Chambers of the Boheme Reviews

İstiklal Avenue, Kucukparmakkapi sokak No 13, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

The owner, Ahmed, is really friendly, helpful and relaxed. He has good knowledge of things to see & avoid in Istanbul. We didn't spend so much time in the hostel, so I cannot say about about the backpacker vibe in the hostel itself, however it has nice lounge to hangout. Hostel itself is located in divey side alley and you feel like you are part of the city. Some travelers might say that hostels soundproofing isn't best, so I would recommend earplugs if your sleep is thin.

Very nice stay. Staff is very friendly, location is super (close to Taksim)

• 14th May 2015
  • Belgium

Owner was fantastic and very helpful. Location was great, just a few steps off the main avenue running through Taksim. Bed's were comfy, and all the amenities were cleaned daily. For the price it's about as good as it gets

The hostel is in the PERFECT location in Taskim. The owner is a really awesome guy who likes to make jokes and will brighten up your day. I felt very welcome and I would definitely stay here again.

For Turkey maybe the place is average, it wasnt terrible but def not great. Beds were big and really comfortable, owner was nice but also maybe a bit too nice... Sheets and a blanket are stored in the lockers in the room so you make your own bed - fine normally but both times I stayed I arrived late at night due to my flight so the noise from opening and shutting the lockers and making up a top bunk without step ladder was pretty rough on everyone else sleeping.

Lovely unusual decoration in the rooms - bed was very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. WC and showers basic and tiny.

Very friendly owner, was very helpful. Nice character to the place and a good location too. Would stay again.

The real gem here is the owner, he is extremely helpful and friendly. The building itself is a bit old but the sheets are clean and the location is great right off a main strip with plenty of nightlife. It's about 30 minute walk to the major sights, or a couple tram rides.

great location, very friendly staff. would recommend.

• 20th Mar 2015

The hostel is great, clean and it is on great position. If you want go out, you need few minutes because best bars and clubs are all around. If you want to go in old city, you will come there for 20, 30 minutes by walk . There is also bus station where you wait bus for airports. It was great time spent there.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Croatia

Really good! friendly and helpfull staff and nice rooms. I had a small dorm room with only one other female and was great, would highly reccomed..!

• 10th Mar 2015

I spent a very nice time in chambers of the Boheme. The owner was the best hoster ever! I would even say that he was like a father for me there. I was travelling alone there for the first time and he was all the time giving me nice advices and helping. The location was more than perfect, just next to one of the main streets The building was not very new, but the location and the staff was that nice, that I didnt mind that at all. If I go back to Istanbul, I would go back there again 100% sure.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Ahmet abi best host ever!!! Ahmet abi was very helpful and generous. Location of hostel cant be any better. You have clubs and everything in just 1 minute walk away. Bathrooms and restrooms were fine and water was hot and pressure was good. Sheets were clean. I have stayed more than 15 hostels in my life. But it was my best experience definitely.

It was really nice to stay there! It was right in the middle of the most vibrant part of Istanbul and it was easy to get to know people there.The hostelowner took really great care of us. We actually just started to call him papa(dad), because he was like one to us. I really had a pleasant stay thanks to that and the people I meet in the hostel.

• 6th Mar 2015

Ahmed was an excellent host and the hostel was very nice. Comfortable beds and very reasonable facilities. The wifi only works in the common area (lobby) but Ahmed sells it as creating a social atmosphere which I kindof buy, Overall a very good no frills place to stay the night in a very central location in Istanbul

• 5th Mar 2015

Chambers of the Boheme was in the great location!! Ahmed was very friendly and talkative, he upgraded me to 4 bed room. You could walk to Taksim Square in 3-5 min. and there were so many restaurants and cafe nearby. RECOMMEND!!!

Great location very near the shopping street and Taksim square. Still it was quite quiet so not too much noise from the street. The staff was friendly and helpful. The facilities were good except that there were only one corner in a room for four with power sockets so it was sort of tricky to keep your devices loaded while using them. Also the wifi didn't work very reliably in the beginning but after that it did work also in the room. A nice, clean hostel that offers a good value for money.

I really enjoy my stay in this hoste and would come backl. The staff is very helpful. And also, i book a 12 beds room and the owner upgrade me to the 4 bed room without any cost. They can give u all information about the citiy, good advices. Exclente localization (close to Taksim Square), full of stores, bar, clubs, restaurantes. Very easy to arrive. From the bus station you have free shuttle. and from airport, shuttle service to the Taksim Square. very central, you can walk to everywhere.

• 26th Feb 2015

Location: Excellent - all the bars and clubs are just a five minute walk away. Same goes for the Galata tower. The staff is friendly and helpful. Facilities are decent - no Wifi on any of the floors except for the ground one which is a pain if you want to check a few things before going to sleep. I was in the 12 bedroom dorm - luckily we only had 3 people there so having just two toilets was not a problem but if we had more people there would have been an issue

Nothing too much to say. Hostel stuff is helpful about city and really they are perfect. Rooms are perfect. Shower can be improved maybe. I really like this hostel and im thinking go there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3