Chambers of the Boheme Reviews

İstiklal Avenue, Kucukparmakkapi sokak No 13, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

The location of the hostel was great, right in the middle of Taksim and is especially great if you want easy access to the night life. What made my stay so great was the owner, Ahmed, who was extremely helpful and so incredibly friendly.

I definitely had an amazing time at this place and still wish I could have stayed longer. While the area is pretty crowded and you will maybe feel a little bit overwhelmed at first, COTB is located in one of the charming side streets, surrounded by buildings with cute balconys. My room was perfect, beautiful furniture and the bed comfortable. Atmosphere and the staff made their way directly into my heart and as a frequent traveler, I can tell you that this doesn't happen very often. Thank you

• 17th Jun 2015

It was great to have a clerk/waiter 24//7, alas no Free breakfast.

Great location, nice staff. But the toilet, shower and room is not clean.

The owner, Ahmed, is really friendly, helpful and relaxed. He has good knowledge of things to see & avoid in Istanbul. We didn't spend so much time in the hostel, so I cannot say about about the backpacker vibe in the hostel itself, however it has nice lounge to hangout. Hostel itself is located in divey side alley and you feel like you are part of the city. Some travelers might say that hostels soundproofing isn't best, so I would recommend earplugs if your sleep is thin.

Very nice stay. Staff is very friendly, location is super (close to Taksim)

• 14th May 2015
  • Belgium

Owner was fantastic and very helpful. Location was great, just a few steps off the main avenue running through Taksim. Bed's were comfy, and all the amenities were cleaned daily. For the price it's about as good as it gets

The hostel is in the PERFECT location in Taskim. The owner is a really awesome guy who likes to make jokes and will brighten up your day. I felt very welcome and I would definitely stay here again.

the owner was always there and very helpful! I cant say enough how important this is when in a place for the first time. He met us right when we got in, gave us good tips on places to go and impressed us with the food and turkish coffees! The Location is off the main strip from Taksim square and felt safe with Plenty of places to eat and drink right outside the door. I'd return to the same place if visiting Istanbul again.

• 29th Apr 2015

For Turkey maybe the place is average, it wasnt terrible but def not great. Beds were big and really comfortable, owner was nice but also maybe a bit too nice... Sheets and a blanket are stored in the lockers in the room so you make your own bed - fine normally but both times I stayed I arrived late at night due to my flight so the noise from opening and shutting the lockers and making up a top bunk without step ladder was pretty rough on everyone else sleeping.

Lovely unusual decoration in the rooms - bed was very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful. WC and showers basic and tiny.

Very friendly owner, was very helpful. Nice character to the place and a good location too. Would stay again.

The real gem here is the owner, he is extremely helpful and friendly. The building itself is a bit old but the sheets are clean and the location is great right off a main strip with plenty of nightlife. It's about 30 minute walk to the major sights, or a couple tram rides.

great location, very friendly staff. would recommend.

• 20th Mar 2015

The hostel is great, clean and it is on great position. If you want go out, you need few minutes because best bars and clubs are all around. If you want to go in old city, you will come there for 20, 30 minutes by walk . There is also bus station where you wait bus for airports. It was great time spent there.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Croatia

Really good! friendly and helpfull staff and nice rooms. I had a small dorm room with only one other female and was great, would highly reccomed..!

• 10th Mar 2015

I spent a very nice time in chambers of the Boheme. The owner was the best hoster ever! I would even say that he was like a father for me there. I was travelling alone there for the first time and he was all the time giving me nice advices and helping. The location was more than perfect, just next to one of the main streets The building was not very new, but the location and the staff was that nice, that I didnt mind that at all. If I go back to Istanbul, I would go back there again 100% sure.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Spain

Ahmet abi best host ever!!! Ahmet abi was very helpful and generous. Location of hostel cant be any better. You have clubs and everything in just 1 minute walk away. Bathrooms and restrooms were fine and water was hot and pressure was good. Sheets were clean. I have stayed more than 15 hostels in my life. But it was my best experience definitely.

It was really nice to stay there! It was right in the middle of the most vibrant part of Istanbul and it was easy to get to know people there.The hostelowner took really great care of us. We actually just started to call him papa(dad), because he was like one to us. I really had a pleasant stay thanks to that and the people I meet in the hostel.

• 6th Mar 2015

Ahmed was an excellent host and the hostel was very nice. Comfortable beds and very reasonable facilities. The wifi only works in the common area (lobby) but Ahmed sells it as creating a social atmosphere which I kindof buy, Overall a very good no frills place to stay the night in a very central location in Istanbul

← Back to search results