Chambers of the Boheme Reviews

İstiklal Avenue, Kucukparmakkapi sokak No 13, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

The hostel is excellent value for money. The hostel owner and manager in the same time is very nice and helpful.

Everything was fine about this hostel, I recommend to everyone, the location was so good it was very close to main places and you are in the middle of Istanbul's night life too.

I highly suggest it. I normally don't leave reviews but the hostel was really accommodating with my booking mishap and navigation around the city! Perfect location, and really helpful staff.

Really great location, especially for those wanting to go out to bars and clubs. I did not find the staff warm or very helpful. They weren't interested in making conversation or ensuring everything was ok. However, the owner seemed very friendly. On a few occasions the toilets were blocked. The rooms were clean and tidy, but the whole place just needs a bit of a refresh - such as the paintwork and fixing the broken lockers.

On a passé un excellent séjour. Le patron et le personnel étaient vraiment accueillants et sympathiques. On y retournera lors de notre prochain voyage à Istanbul . Merci pour tous.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

There was no water in the bathroom in the early mourning on the day we checked out.

we booked this hotel as we wanted our experience in Istanbul to be perfect and it certainly was! The reception staff greeted us with open arms and made us very welcome from the moment we stepped in the front door.

• 31st Oct 2014

Fue muy agradable mi estadía en este hostal, es un edificio antiguo pero visualmente agradable interiormente, la habitación era cómoda y amplia. Todo el tiempo que estuve alojada permaneció limpia la habitación, ducha y baños, importante de destacar. El recepcionista fue muy amable y generoso, dado que mi ingles no es muy bueno, él me explico claramente como moverme en la ciudad en transporte publico y que lugares turísticos visitar.

the room was dirty, the shower was disgusting. the hostel has been renewed not so much ago, but the maintenance has failed. the location is superb, very close to Taksim.

非常好!

Everything was very good. Location is perfect as it is close to the main street with all the shops/bars/clubs and also walking distance from where the bus drops you off from the airport. Thx to Mr Ahmed for great atmosphere and hospitality.

非常满意

• 12th Oct 2014
  • China

indeed an excellent place with a lovely, helpful and caring host, not to mention the convenient location and perfect service. it's a great choice as a hostel!

这是一间很好的青年旅社!老板非常的照顾人,而且帮了我们很多忙,和他聊天也很开心。在伊斯坦布尔度过了很愉快的几天。以后去玩还会选择这间青年旅社。

They should think about bit renovating the place, it's very shaby.

Very helpfull and kind staff, always smiling and available to help in any case of need. I think that, personnally, an effort could be done on the cleanliness, espacially in the bathroom...

The breakfast should start early, I think. As Istanbul is full of interesting (as well as super crowd) spots to visit, one needs to wake up rather early and leave maximum at 8-8:30, Therefore it should be possible to have breakfast in the hostel already at 7:30-8pm. However, I also understand that the spirit of Turkey fights with the concept of earl bird. :-)

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff was very helpful and welcoming, and the overall service was great. My room was clean and comfortable. Everything was just as described. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone as the location is convenient too as it is 3 min walk from the Taksim Square.

Nice place, well located, clean. The head of the staff is very nice, welcoming and helpful. Definitively a good choice to stay. Only downside is that it does not offer an environment particularly suited to meeting other travelers. The common area is rather narrow so people quickly go there for their emails but not much socializing opportunities.

• 20th Sep 2014