Chamonix Lodge Reviews

92 Chemin de la Ch'na, Chamonix, France

Security was poor as none of the doors (other than the side door) were locked to the chalets, even though I'm sure it is a safe town, it would be nice to know the doors locked. The patio door on the chalet building didn't even close properly, let alone lock. Oven and sink need to be fixed. Sidewalk salted for ice. The staff were amazing, so held up and so friendly. Room was clean, chalet was clean. Loved the place all in all and would recommend.

Sauna not working + hostel world does not mention the tween Bess are bunk beds when we book

This was my FAVORITE place I stayed in after spending 14 weeks in Europe at various hotels, hostels, and AirBnBs. First of all, Chamonix is beautiful, and the perfect place for an adventurous getaway of any length. The price is unbeatable, the amenities are awesome (hot tub, sauna, big kitchen), and the people I met there were some of the nicest I've met abroad. I am already counting down until I come back to France and return to this place... even on a higher budget i'd still choose to go here.

We got in at night at it was a little hard to find, but when we did find it, we were so happy! The staff is so nice and friendly, and the actual hostel is like a cozy welcoming log cabin! There were a bunch of people hanging out in the common area and the lounge, which gave such a nice feeling. The room was clean and the beds were so comfortable. Loved it here!

Not the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in, but they should have everything you need. Super chill rules. Hot tub is rad. Overall, I'd rate it a good hostel.

Great atmosphere, a little bit away from the centre but is a walking distance! The common areas are a little bit cold, but id a good option if you have a low budget!

• 1st Dec 2015
  • Argentina

The tub was not working and because it was kinda low season, I think they were not that worried about fixing it. It's funny how they let us alone (I saw one person from the staff the whole time I was there...), for example, for breakfast, and how they surveil us by cameras.

What the lodge lacks in location it certainly makes up for in quality - the facilities were excellent, very clean, and the staff very accommodating. Fantastic value for money!

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Amazing place! Perfect place to stay while exploring Chamonix and to relax in the evening.

I only saw a staff member once at this hostel-- would have been 0 had I not returned after checkout. The one I did see gave bad info and made me miss my train. A vague instruction sheet was used in place of real humans. Tips for getting from the train to the hostel were particularly bad, did not find correct dirt road 'till phone GPS started working. It is also quite far from town (20 mins) and the train station (just over 10 uphill). Must be rough with skis. Physically it's fine+clean enough.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Excellent hostel in paradise. The only thing letting it down is false advertisement of facilities. This is all too common for hostels these days and needs to be sorted out. My friends and I were really looking forward to using one of the two hot tubs during our stay but both were out of use for the duration of our stay which was very frustrating.

Hot tub. Great views. 5 star hotel for cheep. Look no further

This was my first hostel stay ever and I couldn't have been happier! Chamonix Lodge is in a quiet area but still extremely close to the city center and everything else you want to do in Chamonix. It was nice that breakfast was included with milk, pastries, coffee and tea. There was also a large kitchen that is open to everyone! Chamonix is quite an expensive city so take advantage of being able to cook dinner at home and share with new friends.

I recently stayed at Chamonix Lodge before starting the TMB trek and after finishing it . I liked that I could leave my non-hiking things at the hostel while trekking. The Jacuzzi was great after hiking. The backyard was nice with hammocks and chairs to lounge in. The hostel was about a 10min walk from the center of the town. Overall a great stay at a reasonable price.

• 12th Sep 2015

Staff are very helpful. They are willing to store your luggages for a long period of time should you wish to travel elsewhere.

• 5th Sep 2015

Take the SAT bus from Geneva it's just two hours. Beautiful scenic journey. The lodge is a 5 minute walk from bus stop. Instructions on the website are quite easy. Very relaxed atmosphere

Clean room, kitchen, bathrooms, and a terrific garden with view of the mountains. Great staff. It was wonderful.

Dorm room are quite small, but great facilities. About a 20 min walk from Chamonix centre.