Chamonix Lodge Reviews

92 Chemin de la Ch'na, Chamonix, France

Very comfortable and enjoyable night spent here! Make sure you make full use of the hot tub and sauna!! Only slight downside is lack of information about walks etc when asked and no maps or leaflets available unless you go to the tourist office in town.

• 22nd Nov 2014

This place is a true gem. The staff are amazing - kind and knowledgable about the town. I consistently saw Nicole and Grace going above and beyond what they needed to do for the guests. The hostel has a hot tub and a sauna - amazing! And the free breakfast is pretty top notch. The BEST part, however, is the amazing kitchen. If you like to cook your own meals, you will truly be in culinary heaven. I really enjoyed my stay and I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Cham.

With low price, it still provides great travel experience. We do have great time.

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

The Railway Station close to the Hostel is called Moussoux and not Aiguille du Midi. It is just 10 minutes on foot from Moussoux to the Hostel.Alternatively a free Mulet Minibus to the Hospital (last stop) can be taken from stops all over the City, as well as the Chamonix Railway station.IMPORTANT to know, that in May and the first 2 weeks of October is off-season and all cable-cars, the Mont Blanc tram and the Montenvers train are closed for maintenance, except the cable-car to Aiguille du Midi

The ladies at the reception were very helpful, kitchen is fully equipped and good breakfast for free. Unfortunately the 2 Scottish in my room were super messy and inconsiderate, they came back around 1am drunk and made lot of noises. It was really unpleasant to find their vomits everywhere in the hostel the next morning, from the place we have breakfast all the way to 2nd floor, I asked them to clean the mess. Would be great to have hotel staff to take care of these problems.

Great location (notdirectly in the centre, which is a plus, but not too far either). Smiling and helpful staff. Enough space in common areas & good WiFi coverage. Some of the dorms might get a little tight though if everyone has a big backpack or a suitcase. Would stay again!

Great hostel all round, top marks for kitchen and outdoor communal space. The staff are lovely, the bathrooms in good condition although there arnt many of them so watch peek hour shower. Free breakfast is excellent and it's just a 10 min (lovely) walk or so from the centre. The opening hours are short but all late arrivals seemed to manage ok.

We stayed in Charmonix for a night on our way to the French Riviera. We arrived late and to our surprise this was not an issue, with the staff setting our keys & paperwork out for us. The room was spacious, comfortable and the view the next morning was absolutely incredible. Would love to come back during ski season!

Nice simple hostel. We had a room with a bathroom included. The bathroom is very small (could barely use the shower) so it may be worth skipping that and using the shared bathroom. Location is fantastic; right down the street from restaurants and a short walk to downtown. Would recommend using this hostel to friends.

• 25th Sep 2014

Great stay, thanks. Somewhat tucked away in Chamonix, but that worked well for me and kept the crowds at bay. A welcome grown-up approach to guests, with tea and toast available 24h - especially good for late arrivals like me. A drying room would be a welcome addition. I'll be back, definitely.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Nice place not very far fron the centre. Clean and great facilities.

Wonderful location....we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are planning to return. Thank you!

• 17th Aug 2014

The room are small but they have big public living rooms and garden. Staff are nice. Location is very close to bus station.

Pros: cheap, clean, helpful staff, wifi, simple yet eat-as-much-you-want breakfast, simple check in and check out Cons: takes 15min to walk into central Chamonix. I'd gladly stay there again. Highly recommended!

This hostel was clean, great atmosphere and run extremely well. The staff were great when they were around but they were very hard to catch and only available for a three hour window each day, which was not ideal. Even during this window it was difficult to find them. Despite this one thing the hostel was great and we enjoyed our stay.

very good for the the thing, clean, have spa, good kitchen, good internet, good shower... just a little bit small for the room.

Everything is clean and friendly. I wish I could have stayed with you longer!

breakfast is not good