Changsha Academy International Youth Hostel Reviews

NO.148 Shuyuan Road, Changsha Hunan, Changsha, China

The hostel is a bit far away from the city. When I arrived I was given a locker which didn't have a latch. It was also REALLY cold everywhere inside the hostel. All of the staff speak zero English but there was one guy who was really friendly and helpful and trying to help even with his very limited English skills. The rooftop terrace was nice.

A decent hostel in a city with limited options. A bus stop is located outside the building but it's 30-60 minutes to the train stations. Our private room with ensuite was large and clean, and the only negative was the squat toilet which didn't flush. The staff spoke little to no English but did try their best to help us. The five kilometer walk along the river north of the hostel was really nice and is a popular destination for locals to enjoy various activities. Don't miss it!!!

We enjoyed our stay. Some food and drinks available. Larg grocery near by. Bus stop in front of hostel. We had a room for two. Only negative was the squat toilet, but that is still the norm unless you stay in a three star + hotel. We would stay again. Mark Hamilton

Some of the staff were very helpful, while others seemed almost surly. They have a nice common area, but not much in the way of activities.

This place is fine and has a nice lobby, but not much else. When I checked in, the guy at the counter told me I owned 200 RMB upfront for my two night stay (the total room fee of which was ~75RMB) because I needed a 130 RMB "safety deposit." After back-and-forth, he finally agreed that a 30 RMB deposit was fine. When I got to my room, I saw the bed I was assigned was already taken, and the locker I was assigned had no latch. Everything worked out in the end, but I may look elsewhere next time...

I did make a wrong booking and email hostel 1 day before departure to change the date but no feedback at all. I also tried to contact them by phone but no body spoke English. I believe they charged me one night for no show :(