Changsha International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.61 Gongshang Lane, Dongfeng Road, Changsha, China

I first stayed at this hostel just over 4 years ago. My room was nice, but overall it has gone downhill: the English ability of the staff was low; much of the time food and drink were not available; at night there was a security person working but not someone who could speak English. A week before I had stayed at another Changsha YHA hostel: Yuelu Mountain's. It was in worse shape: the swimming pool is full of dirt and leaves, lower English level of staff, no western toilet.

Excellent hostel for the price. The primary language here is Mandarin. They are very friendly and helpful.

This is a very wonderful experience for me, I am very impressed by the management, Even as I could not manage to carry my bag to the 5th level, the young counter staff helped me.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Singapore

The only good thing about this hostel is its location(close to several bus stops) but I'm afraid that's about it. No lockers, so you're forced to take your valuables with you all the time. If you wanna order some food, you'll discover that practically nothing they offer is actually available.Last but not least, the staff. They weren't friendly to begin with and at the end they almost refused to give me back my deposit (for reasons still unclear to me, as their English was pretty incomprehensible

No kitchen/bar/coffee. Not even a drinks fridge! Nice staff though. Average room and common area.

I used this hostel as a stop over when traveling by train from place to the next and it was a ok place to stay for a night.

The room was ok, although the beds were terribly hard. The location is ok as well, not far from a bus station. Very quiet at night.

This hostel has gone downhill since the last time I visited 4 years ago. They've modernized the look of the place and made it more energy-efficient, but the staff and facilities are not as good as before. Both washing machines AND the dryer were all broken when I got there, but no notice on them. After spending 4 hours trying to wash my clothes, I figured out the problem and fixed one of the washing machines for them. They couldn't provide me with any information on the long-distance buses, etc.

A great place to stay. Clean, dorms were nice, great air-con, hot and powerful showers, beds were quite hard... but welcome to China ha! Good location right next to street food, supermarkets, and bus stop. They also show a film most nights in the common area. WiFi is good too.