Changsha International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.61 Gongshang Lane, Dongfeng Road, Changsha, China

Bearly speak english. It was difficult to communicate. But the rooms were ok. They had movie night. They couldn't arrange a taxi for me, maybe because of the location, but I had a taxi from the trainstastion to the hostel (in front of the door). A lot of noise in the hallway early in the morning.

A reasonable enough hostel located not too far away from major attractions. Staff spoke quite good English and were very helpful in assisting me with my time in Changsha. Beds were fine but unfortunately the cleanliness of the room floor and bathroom let the place down. All in all a great place if you just want to use it to sleep, but don't expect to have much fun there or meet other western travellers.

• 29th Mar 2014

Nice place and friendly staff.

Great wifi and VERY helpful staff - they even helped sort out a late notice train ticket for me.

• 7th Feb 2014

I really liked how the lobby and the reception area looks, and I found the postcards you sell great and unique. Best gifts from Changsha to my friends!

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

it's a really great place in the city. guys here were all kind-heart people.the price is good for long time stay out there. beds are convenient but not easy to get up onto top.bathrooms are clean also.

Pros: good location (especially once the provincial museum gets rebuilt -- promised in 2015), competent staff, clean rooms, all the basics you need from a hostel, cats. Cons: The humidity of Changsha seems to be taking a toll on some of the interior, and it was drafty when I visited in early February. Also note: I didn't see much of the cafe, and the private bathrooms I saw have squat toilets.

I was disappointed to find on arrival that the hotel did not provide lockers for personal belongings, that is unless you provided your own padlock for those in the room. Also, the room was unbearably hot, though I don't know if this was hotel policy or because the fellow guests in the dorm were in control and insisted on having the heating at full temperature. My fellow guests also seemed fairly odd, staying up all night with the lights on and one of them sitting with his cock out.

• 17th Jan 2014

Room was fine but the bathroom was not very clean, beds were not comfortable and staff was not very helpful with providing directions/information.

An unsatisfactory experience. Staff was indifferent when I checked in. Stuck on the 5th floor, with over 30 steps between floors. I checked out at 6:30 the next morning, to catch a bus. Had to holler before about a 40 years old Chinese guy made it out of the back room, obviously grumpy. I tried to ask him to confirm where to catch the city bus, and got a down-right brush off. Maybe he couldn't speak English, but he obviously just wanted me to get the hell out of there....

This Hotel in Changsha go to Hotel by Bus very easy I walk around Changsha and good staff

• 11th Nov 2013
  • Thailand

An average hostel in China. You have to take the bus to get the feeling of this cities with it's nice street markets and some great sights.