Changsha International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.61 Gongshang Lane, Dongfeng Road, Changsha, China

This was a good place to stay for a short time in Changsha, it was very clean and very cheap. Some people who worked there had good English and were very helpful. It had a lovely atmosphere and an interesting vibe:)

Such a nice play to stay, even if Changsha is not thé most beautiful city of China. The staff was really great and helped me to booked my hostels for my trip in Hunan ! They also gave me good advices about the place to visit there !

For an International youth hostel, I was expecting the staff to speak a little English, however when we checked in we had to do so using an online translator. Overall it was an average experience.

• 26th Aug 2014

I had a good experience here and no problems.They had a well priced restaurant adjacent to the reception. The prices seemed reasonable.The hostel was clean.They could put asign on the main road as it is a little difficult to find if you are on your own.

We spend only one night in this hostel, has we were only passing by Changsha. We needed a relaxing place where pass a pleasant afternoon and night, and that's was the case! Great garden and living room.

• 8th Aug 2014

Four lockers in my 8-bed dorm. How secure is that?

Great location. Great staff. Squatter toilets. :)

Took 30 minutes to check in because they couldn't find the key. Then he finally gave me one but 4 hours later at 6 am I was woken up demanding they key back! Staff did not speak any English. Not only that but I swear the toilets there have never been cleaned. Bad location to top it all off.

The hostel location is not that bad.The toilet and shower is not that good.Small and not convenient.The dorm is so so as well.Just a place for transit.

No English speaking staff. Poor location. Snacks and breakfast only at the hostel.

It's very hard to find and get there. It may offer more detailed location map.

Friendly staff. Really nice common areas, but not that nice WC and shower rooms. The location is good, easy to take the bus into downtown or to the train station (make sure to get to the right one though, speed trains departure from Changsha South!)

The staff was deffenetly the best part of my experience with the hostel. The rooms where very clean, and the atmosphere was excellent. Plus the food they serve is quite good too. I can recommend staying here!

Staff suddenly doesn't speak English after checking you in. Seems to be mainly Chinese travelers here smoking, spitting and yelling in the common room. Plus, there is really no reason for you to ever travel to Changsha. Typical Chinese mega city with nothing to see. If you can transit through without stopping for a night, do it.

Really great hostel. The newly renovated rooms are hotel-quality for backpacker/budget rates. The staff's English is OK. The location is a bit far from anything the tourists might want to do, but right on the city bus line which makes it easy to connect anywhere. Good place, highly recommended.

Absolutely first class. Very much like a European backpacker hostel. Cool decor, rooms are comfortable and clean, towels and shampoo etc provided. Staff are all great, the ones I met could speak at least basic English. Very helpful in helping to plan trip etc. Only complaint is the wifi only works in the main foyer. But as that is a nice place to hang out, it's no big deal.