Changsha International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.61 Gongshang Lane, Dongfeng Road, Changsha, China

Good location in Changsha, 20 mins walk away from Martyrs' Park and next to a cool old neighbourhood area of alleyways and a different, traditional way of life. Rooms are a bit basic but there actually was hot water available in the mornings contrary to their description. Not all the staff speak English so be aware. Atmosphere was sadly quite lacking, not many other travellers from outside of China. Would not recommend ordering the burger or fries, overpriced. A decent if unremarkable hostel.

This was a good place to stay for a short time in Changsha, it was very clean and very cheap. Some people who worked there had good English and were very helpful. It had a lovely atmosphere and an interesting vibe:)

Such a nice play to stay, even if Changsha is not thé most beautiful city of China. The staff was really great and helped me to booked my hostels for my trip in Hunan ! They also gave me good advices about the place to visit there !

For an International youth hostel, I was expecting the staff to speak a little English, however when we checked in we had to do so using an online translator. Overall it was an average experience.

• 26th Aug 2014

I had a good experience here and no problems.They had a well priced restaurant adjacent to the reception. The prices seemed reasonable.The hostel was clean.They could put asign on the main road as it is a little difficult to find if you are on your own.

We spend only one night in this hostel, has we were only passing by Changsha. We needed a relaxing place where pass a pleasant afternoon and night, and that's was the case! Great garden and living room.

• 8th Aug 2014

Four lockers in my 8-bed dorm. How secure is that?

Great location. Great staff. Squatter toilets. :)

Took 30 minutes to check in because they couldn't find the key. Then he finally gave me one but 4 hours later at 6 am I was woken up demanding they key back! Staff did not speak any English. Not only that but I swear the toilets there have never been cleaned. Bad location to top it all off.

The hostel location is not that bad.The toilet and shower is not that good.Small and not convenient.The dorm is so so as well.Just a place for transit.

No English speaking staff. Poor location. Snacks and breakfast only at the hostel.