Changsha Shuyuan International Hostel Reviews

NO.148 Shuyuan Road, Changsha Hunan, Changsha, China

Some of the staff were very helpful, while others seemed almost surly. They have a nice common area, but not much in the way of activities.

This place is fine and has a nice lobby, but not much else. When I checked in, the guy at the counter told me I owned 200 RMB upfront for my two night stay (the total room fee of which was ~75RMB) because I needed a 130 RMB "safety deposit." After back-and-forth, he finally agreed that a 30 RMB deposit was fine. When I got to my room, I saw the bed I was assigned was already taken, and the locker I was assigned had no latch. Everything worked out in the end, but I may look elsewhere next time...

I did make a wrong booking and email hostel 1 day before departure to change the date but no feedback at all. I also tried to contact them by phone but no body spoke English. I believe they charged me one night for no show :(