Chaoma Hostel Reviews

6F, No. 190, Sec. 2, Taichung Port Rd., Situn District, Taichung, Taiwan

this is the second time i stayed in this hotel so i have no problem in locating it. if you are the first timer then you might need some luck.

The google map location was wrong! I walked the whole Taiwan Port Rd., terrible experience. Be noted there are two names for this road, and the no. is FKing different. I hate this road. The hostel was in a back alley and you can take a lift to 6 floor . Had a bit argument about the price with the old lady, who insisted on doubling the rate due to holiday. However, we have already booked and placed the booking on Hostelworld. Lucky, she called her son and everything is ok. Not recommend!

Hostel is conveniently located on the doorstep of Choma bus terminal - other than that it didn't have much going for it. The only member of staff I saw was an elderly Taiwanese lady who spoke no English - she always smiled and waved when she saw me but it was impossible to ask for help with anything. There is no real facilities - the place is basically 2 floors of an apartment block with dorm rooms on a hallway - no common area/kitchen, name was written in texta on the wall of the hallway only.

It is on the 6. floor in a dark backhouse with no heating, guess sleeping on the street would not be that much colder. Oh, and yes, there was actually a homeless person sleeping in my room. I don't have something against them. It is just a little akward and smelly. There was also old stuff everywhere in the ''Staff room'' and on the stairs and I might have been there only guest at that time, except for the homeless guy who had to pay as much as I did, is that fair?

This location was good for me. I could take long distance buses from here. But I did not come here for sightseeing.

This is the second time I stayed here. I enjoyed my stay. Very comfortable and relaxing. Though the Google maps location is off and needs to change. The address is right bybthevchaoma bus stop, about 2 km further than what the address here says. Good stay, but good luck finding it.