CharVic Hostel Reviews

Pedro Vicente Maldonado, Banos, Ecuador

I thought this place would be nicer than it was. Some of my friends were staying slightly outside the town and got alot better hostels (one with a pool) for the same price.

• 13th Apr 2014

We got a Double Room with twin beds for $10 per night and for this price it was a really good deal. The beds were really comfortable, the room was clean,we got our own key and it was quiet. Luggage storage was no problem and the staff was most of the time helpful. Negative is that they only have one really small bathroom per floor which is more ore less clean but always with paper. Cheap places around to eat and only 2 minutes walking from the bus terminal. Good deal

Probably the nicest and most honest hostel owner I have ever met! He genuinely wants to give you the best advice, and the best deal!

Excellent location a few blocks from the bus terminal 5 minutes walk, and the price was fair, I had a private room with a bathroom and it was very nice, would stay there again, great place.

nice place,quit.

Pros: This is probably by far the cheapest hostel in downtown Baños. The bed was extremely comfortable. They are only a couple of blocks away from the bars and clubs. You can get discounts. Cons: I asked one of the staff members for help and he told me to go talk to the owner. He didn't show concern for my request. The shared bathroom is quite small (toilet too close to the shower and wall) and there is only one per floor. Wi-fi is only available if you are at the lobby.