CharVic Hostel Reviews

Pedro Vicente Maldonado, Banos, Ecuador

Very dirty, staff tried to overcharge me and no communal facilities.

Hard to criticise a private room for $4.75 per night! Only irritating thing is that they didn't deduct the 15% deposit so you effectively end up paying a hostel world tax. I didn't notice until after I checked out which is somewhat annoying but given that the price is so low it's principal rather than cost. This is not the first time that this has happened to me - it generally seems to happen in lower priced hostels - probably because their booking systems are more basic.

I thought this place would be nicer than it was. Some of my friends were staying slightly outside the town and got alot better hostels (one with a pool) for the same price.

• 13th Apr 2014