CharVic Hostel Reviews

Pedro Vicente Maldonado, Banos, Ecuador

Very dirty, staff tried to overcharge me and no communal facilities.

Hard to criticise a private room for $4.75 per night! Only irritating thing is that they didn't deduct the 15% deposit so you effectively end up paying a hostel world tax. I didn't notice until after I checked out which is somewhat annoying but given that the price is so low it's principal rather than cost. This is not the first time that this has happened to me - it generally seems to happen in lower priced hostels - probably because their booking systems are more basic.

I thought this place would be nicer than it was. Some of my friends were staying slightly outside the town and got alot better hostels (one with a pool) for the same price.

• 13th Apr 2014

We got a Double Room with twin beds for $10 per night and for this price it was a really good deal. The beds were really comfortable, the room was clean,we got our own key and it was quiet. Luggage storage was no problem and the staff was most of the time helpful. Negative is that they only have one really small bathroom per floor which is more ore less clean but always with paper. Cheap places around to eat and only 2 minutes walking from the bus terminal. Good deal

Probably the nicest and most honest hostel owner I have ever met! He genuinely wants to give you the best advice, and the best deal!