Charles Bridge Economic Hostel Reviews

Mostecká 4, 110 00 Malá Strana, Prague, Czech Republic

Great place! The staff was super friendly and helpful!! It's also right in the middle of everything. We had a great stay!!

Charles Bridge Economic is a gem for a hostel. Greeted by Paul on arrival, very gracious, along with the British chap, the cute blonde, and all others that worked reception. Not a party hostel per se, but was literally 20 steps from Charles Bridge itself, everything was in walking distance. No breakfast, but free coffee (made for you), free bottled water, and free washing machine priveledges (a good trade off). I think every little "pod" has it's own kitchen, and shower/WC. Michael, USA

Awesome local, staff and place! Definitely worth for money!

It's actually my first time in hostel. It's an excellent experience. The staff are extremely helpful, i felt like home. Room was clean, free coffee and water offered. A cute cat called Wifi at the reception. The reception is also a tourist information centre. Which provides you tons of information and helps to book tons of events in Prague. I would definitely come back to this hostel. It's even better than hotels!

• 5th Jun 2014
  • China

The staff was very friendly and the tips we got on where to eat etc. were very good. We also loved the tours that were free for hostel guests!

AWESOME place. They have Hostelworld awards for good reason. We, sadly, were only there for one night. However, the staff were incredibly helpful with anything we wanted or needed and definitely there to please. There isn't one large common room but smaller ones on each floor where you can chill and meet people. They have a FREE washing machine with is a HUGE plus after you've been traveling for a month (or even a week really.) I would HIGHLY recommend.

Great place. Great staff.

Very good location and very friendly atmosphere. Personal helping with anything we asked for. Thank's to all people working there. Jaroslava Reznickova and Renae Blackmore from Canada

• 27th May 2014

What a fantastic place. Staff went out of their way to accommodate! Great location!

No breakfast included, but there's a great breakfast place down the street. Perfect location with a wonderful little courtyard to sit in. Staff is super helpful, wi-fi is free, and you can buy tram tickets right in the office. Lee at the desk is an awesome guy, but the attendants change every so often.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly and helped us with all our enquiries. The room we booked had a double bed with private bathroom and toilet. While it was what we booked it was small for what we expected, it had no place to hang clothing, and obviously we paid for the location, not for the size of the room. Being a hostel I feel it was a little expensive. But all in all it was ok. We stay in a few hostels around the world so we know what they are like.

• 25th May 2014

excellent location, huge dorm room with enough individual private space. Shower to bed ratio lacking.

Totally satisfactory stay apart from the fact there was some confusion as to which bed I was staying in on arrival. Also note: there are two showers without lockable doors that aren't completely obscured in a washing room with sinks and a washing machine. The door to that room IS lockable, but it's a frustrating and inconvenient system that in order to feel safe having a shower you have to limit other guest's access to the sinks & washing machine. Good location in terms of sight seeing though.

Stayed at this hostel for a week and was very pleased. The free tea and coffee in the reception is great, as is the fact that they have a metro ticket machine. Staff were very helpful, leant me an adapter several times. My room was also very quiet, no noise from the street.

Thank you for everything. Staff was excellent, special thank to Slovak lady and the boy from England. Sorry, I don't remember the names. We booked a room with 3 beds and really enjoyed the location and the staff. Atmosphere was great. Thank you again.

• 20th May 2014
  • Slovakia

Recently traveled Europe with my girlfriend and stayed here for 3 nights (Mon-Wed). We visited all the major cities in Europe, we found not only is Prague the best city but it also has the best hostel. The location, amenities, cleanliness and security alone are better than most but its the staff who work here that make this hostel better than the rest. We were planning our return the day we left, Charles' Bridge is everything you could want or need from a hostel and so much more!!

The best hostel that I've ever stayed. The room was clean, they were very informative, free coffee and hot chocolate, and the top of that, all the staff were great. I especially want to say thank-you to the staff, named Lee for his nice and kind assistance. He made my stay very comfortable and enjoyable...I already miss them and a lovely cat!!

• 19th May 2014
  • Japan

Incredible service! I had never felt this welcome in a hotel before! Amazing location! I would definetly recommend this place i would stay here again. Congratulations to the owners

One of the best hostels I've stayed at

As good as a hostel can be. Wonderful staff. Really fun, helpful and cool! Can't think of a better place to stay in Prague.