Charlestons NotSo Hostel Reviews

156 Spring St., Charleston, USA

Really cool place, only thing I'd say is there isn't really a good central hang out area.

Very nice and friendly hostel located just a 10-15 minute walk from the main street of bars and restaurants in Charleston, really enjoyed my time there.

The NotSo hostel is a great place to stay and the price is also very good. The only thing what is pretty strange is that the check-in is only between 05:00pm and 10:00pm. Try to plan that. I didn't and I had to wait.

A beautiful hostel, operated by friendly staff, with a great community atmosphere. Highly recommended!

I liked the hostel very much, clean and you get the breaky. What was unusual is the fact, that there wasnt anybody from the stuff for the whole time, only in the office hours. For the hostel is quite weird. If you need any help, there is nobody to take care of you.

There was a huge cockroach in one of the bathroom. The fire alarm went on at 4 am one night with no person from the staff present to turn it off.

• 7th Jun 2015

Nice, laid back place, easy city to walk in or make use of a free trolley nearby. Hostel is not a party hostel but comfortable. A sink in rooms would be good if they do not want to increase number of bathrooms. Get here between 5pm and 10pm go check in otherwise you'll be stuck. Hardly saw the staff but when I did, they were very helpful and kind.

This is not a hostel...it's just an open house with beds! The old style house itself is lovely & the location is brilliant, those are the only positives. There is no atmosphere, I think this is due to the unfriendly staff, we did not experience any of the so called Southern charm you hear about! No common area to chill out in the evening. The dorm is tight on space, bunks are pushed together so people are sleeping head to head/feet, yuck! Not enough showers, there was a q!

Thank you for your review I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. Several of our guests comment on how much atmosphere we have and how charming the staff are, I'm sorry you didn't feel the same. We understand that hostels aren't for everyone, it's definitely not just an open house with beds. We have put years into making this hostel a well organized, clean and friendly place for travelers. We have more bathrooms in the middle house but if you don't want a q, you might be happier at a hotel

Really liked the location of this hostel. Within walking distance of many bars and restaurants in the city and a cheap cab ride to some places a little further away (historic district, battery, etc.) I would definitely stay here again instead of a hotel the next time I go back to Charleston.

Great hostel with a very nice atmosphere! It's like a little house and not too many people were there, so it felt like home. Really friendly and helpful staff, they write emails before you arrive and after you leave to keep you informed. However, the lock of my door didn't really work, so you couldn't lock it. The bed is very squeaky, so when you have to get up early or come home late, you wake up everyone else in the room. And the lockers are in a closet behind a door, it's hard to reach.

Thank you for your review! We appreciate it and hope you come and visit us again soon. We've replaced several of the bed covers so they are not as loud and have added larger lockers in the common area downstairs by the washer. So glad you felt right at home!