Charlestons NotSo Hostel Reviews

156 Spring St., Charleston, USA

I liked it a lot. The staff was very nice!

• 3rd Jan 2016

I liked Notso Hostel especially nice staffs. Thanks!

Certainly better than what the current reviews suggest. I enjoyed my stay in Charleston. The Hostel is really one of a kind. It's an old southern home that you will find all throughout the downtown area that has been converted into a small hostel. It is a really great way to get a real feel for the local culture. I would recommend NotSo to my friends and more importantly will stay there when I return to Charleston.

• 19th Dec 2015

The hostel had all the basics, the layout of the place worked against building an atmosphere easily but breakfast was very social and if you hang in the kitchen to tend to see everyone. The breakfast was pretty much toast plus a few extras but was good quality. The beds seemed ok and there is a cool balcony to chill on. If you are travelling then this hostel has everything you need, if you expect hostels to be the standards of hotels but cheaper then you will have issues.

I had a great stay at the Notso Hostel! The staff and other visitors were very friendly and helpful, and I felt extremely safe/comfortable there.

• 4th Nov 2015

I don't write a lot of reviews but when I do there must be a reason. I left the hostel after the first night because my whole body hurts after one night. The mattress was so bed that I felt every spring in it. It simple hurts. Do your self a favor and don't go there.

Liked location, price, some staff, reception area. Hated going up & down steep flight of stairs to use bathroom. 2 bathrooms for entire bldg. 2 kitchens separated by stairs; guests' food in kitchen B w/ only functioning microwave, coffee maker in kitchen A; not 5 spoons in entire bldg. Found man asleep in kitchen B. Next day asked (unfriendly!) staff member, was told he had forgotten his key. Same prob next night, but guest pounded repeatedly on door. Overnight problems left for guests to solve!

One - late at night someone pounded on the back door for 20 mins. The other girl and I in our room were traveling alone and no one from the hostel was around. A man staying in another room went down and dealt with it but it would be better if a manager lived onsite. Two - the beds are covered in vinyl and very noisy which makes it hard to sleep. Three - the rooms are muggy. Four - There are two bathrooms in the main house, both have mold in the shower. Five - not all the staff is friendly.

• 8th Oct 2015