Charlestons NotSo Hostel Reviews

156 Spring St., Charleston, USA

This is not a hostel...it's just an open house with beds! The old style house itself is lovely & the location is brilliant, those are the only positives. There is no atmosphere, I think this is due to the unfriendly staff, we did not experience any of the so called Southern charm you hear about! No common area to chill out in the evening. The dorm is tight on space, bunks are pushed together so people are sleeping head to head/feet, yuck! Not enough showers, there was a q!

Really liked the location of this hostel. Within walking distance of many bars and restaurants in the city and a cheap cab ride to some places a little further away (historic district, battery, etc.) I would definitely stay here again instead of a hotel the next time I go back to Charleston.

Great hostel with a very nice atmosphere! It's like a little house and not too many people were there, so it felt like home. Really friendly and helpful staff, they write emails before you arrive and after you leave to keep you informed. However, the lock of my door didn't really work, so you couldn't lock it. The bed is very squeaky, so when you have to get up early or come home late, you wake up everyone else in the room. And the lockers are in a closet behind a door, it's hard to reach.

Yes Yes Yes! you guys are the bomb! I had a great experience at the NotsoHostel in Charleston - Friendly staff (Victoria,Bailey,T...) interesting travelers. I will definitely stay at NotsoHostel whenever I visit Charleston -I wish I had a membership - shhhhh -you guys are the best kept secret in Charleston!

• 25th Jan 2015

overall it is a good stay. it is safe and breakfast is very well organized. very clean and comfortable. and has plenty of kitchens that is good! the light is a little dim and the ladder to the loft bed is very hard to use and is an obstacle when moving around on the ground. the locker is very weird and two of my locks don't fit! during my visit the bathroom shower door is half broken. the location is a little far 2.5 miles away from downtown and streets are lonely at nights.

• 20th Dec 2014

Nice place with cool, like-minded people. Could probably use an additional bathroom, however.

• 13th Nov 2014