Charlie Rockets Reviews

Hoogstraat 19, B-8000, Bruges, Belgium

The rooms were very old and not clean. The security was terrible! By bags were left in an unlocked room accessible to anyone from the pub. No real atmosphere as a hostel, only a pub. Didn't even get my own room key.

Would not recommend. There were no lockers available, and no where to lock stuff up. The beds were old and rickety. Bathrooms were filthy and showers basically nonfunctional. There is no kitchen or anything. Located right on a busy road, with people at the bar partying late into the night, making it very noisy and haed to sleep. The bar downstairs itself is nice, not the rooms upstairs.

Pretty average

Good basic hostel, warm welcome and nice breakfast. Very central and very helpful. Don't be put off by the 'party' reputation - got two very good nights' sleep. And if you like to party then it's a winner.

, the location of the hostel was perfect. .The room was clean and so were the beds and as a bonus they were very comfortable. I had read reviews about this being a very noise place because it's above a busy bar. Our room was on the second floor and we heard no noise atall. However When i went on the first floor and it did seem very noisy when I was there. The showers are a big problem. At first they were freezing and then they were boiling hot. Could not shower properly.

• 25th Apr 2015

Best location in the town, only downside was the only common area was the bar

some of the reviews are a little over exaggerated, this place isnt that bad lol. be warned its a bar first and a hostel second. no lockers in the room which kind of sucks and the showers are bad. the bar is good fun tho, plenty of pool tables!

I have stayed in a lot of hostels throughout my stay in Europe and this was without a doubt the dirtiest and worst I have ever stayed in. The showers did not have hot water, the room had very few plugs and I thought I was going to get diseases from everything I touched. The bar was quite cool, but also very dive. The washrooms smelt so bad I thought I was going to be sick and the ceiling was dripping water. Overall it was so unclean I am glad my stay was so sort;.

Very nice location, 2 mins walk to the center. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. To get the room you had to clime up a very steep and narrow staircase (not suitable for big suitcases) Rooms were fine and clean with a sink in them. Bathrooms and toilets were a joke. The toilet room was very small and you could not sit on the toilet without having a sick stabbing your ribs. The showers were THE WORST showers we have ever experienced. Only drops of COLD water came out. Can't wash hair

The best thing is the location, all the rest is just about average for a hostel. I had the intention to relax with my family, so maybe it was not the most recommended once there was a bar on the ground floor until late at night. The room was simple, but clean. The prices are OK. The breakfast is also really simple, but OK. The staff was not that friendly, doing just the "necessary" and without any free smiles, maybe we caught them in a bad mood... But in the end, still recommend

This is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The bar and the location are the only good thing about it. The facilities cannot even be considered as a hostel. Firstly, everything is old and looks like someone got the furniture from a dump; there was only ONE power outlet in the room I was staying (4 bed). The worst thing about it is the shower. You have to press a button and water runs for literally 5 seconds and it starts cold and then gets so hot it burns your skin. I'm so disappointed.

Cheap and cheerful, with basic but clean facilities and in a fabulous location for exploring Brugge. Don't be put off by the reports of excessive noise late at night as you could be in a room a long way from the bar (which is busy and can be loud) or you will sleep fine because nothing will keep you awake after a day drinking the outstanding local beers!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 31-40

It was OK

The wifi was decent, it is available in the rooms which is nice. Beds were squeaky and rickety but clean. It was nice to have a sink in the room. Bathrooms were dirty and the showers you have to push every 10 seconds but the water was decently warm. There was no soap in the bathrooms to wash your hands which is unsanitary. The bar was an absolute blast and such a great atmosphere. Location is PERFECT if you want to be close to all things in the city center. I would recommend it.

• 7th Mar 2015

Was expecting to arrive in hell after reading some of the reviews but was pleasantly surprised!

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

A very very basic Rough

Poor wi-fi....

• 14th Feb 2015
  • China

There are probably better places to stay. The bar downstairs is cool though.

The main attraction for this hostel is the bar which does end up getting quite busy during the nights. The pool table is ridiculously overpriced for 8 euros per hour, the staff couldn't seem to care less and wanted to deal with you quickly so they could get other things done. The set-up for the dorm rooms themselves is probably the weirdest I've seen with the steep fluro green staircase leading to your room, and such up and down directions to your room. Wouldn't stay more than one night here.

• 28th Dec 2014

Staying in Charlie Rockets was very nice. There's a bar in ground floor, so you can have a good time and taste the excellent Belgian beers without going too far. Everything was very clean, the bathroom is big. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only problem was that we booked a room for 6 and were put in a room for 8, thus we had to share it (we were in a group of 6 people), but since we stayed there for only one night and the mates were a nice couple, we let that go.