Charlie Rockets Reviews

Hoogstraat 19, B-8000, Bruges, Belgium

some of the reviews are a little over exaggerated, this place isnt that bad lol. be warned its a bar first and a hostel second. no lockers in the room which kind of sucks and the showers are bad. the bar is good fun tho, plenty of pool tables!

I have stayed in a lot of hostels throughout my stay in Europe and this was without a doubt the dirtiest and worst I have ever stayed in. The showers did not have hot water, the room had very few plugs and I thought I was going to get diseases from everything I touched. The bar was quite cool, but also very dive. The washrooms smelt so bad I thought I was going to be sick and the ceiling was dripping water. Overall it was so unclean I am glad my stay was so sort;.

• 18th Apr 2015

This is the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The bar and the location are the only good thing about it. The facilities cannot even be considered as a hostel. Firstly, everything is old and looks like someone got the furniture from a dump; there was only ONE power outlet in the room I was staying (4 bed). The worst thing about it is the shower. You have to press a button and water runs for literally 5 seconds and it starts cold and then gets so hot it burns your skin. I'm so disappointed.

Cheap and cheerful, with basic but clean facilities and in a fabulous location for exploring Brugge. Don't be put off by the reports of excessive noise late at night as you could be in a room a long way from the bar (which is busy and can be loud) or you will sleep fine because nothing will keep you awake after a day drinking the outstanding local beers!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Wales
  • All Male Group, 31-40

It was OK

The wifi was decent, it is available in the rooms which is nice. Beds were squeaky and rickety but clean. It was nice to have a sink in the room. Bathrooms were dirty and the showers you have to push every 10 seconds but the water was decently warm. There was no soap in the bathrooms to wash your hands which is unsanitary. The bar was an absolute blast and such a great atmosphere. Location is PERFECT if you want to be close to all things in the city center. I would recommend it.

• 7th Mar 2015

Was expecting to arrive in hell after reading some of the reviews but was pleasantly surprised!

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

A very very basic Rough

Poor wi-fi....

• 14th Feb 2015
  • China

There are probably better places to stay. The bar downstairs is cool though.

The main attraction for this hostel is the bar which does end up getting quite busy during the nights. The pool table is ridiculously overpriced for 8 euros per hour, the staff couldn't seem to care less and wanted to deal with you quickly so they could get other things done. The set-up for the dorm rooms themselves is probably the weirdest I've seen with the steep fluro green staircase leading to your room, and such up and down directions to your room. Wouldn't stay more than one night here.

• 28th Dec 2014

Staying in Charlie Rockets was very nice. There's a bar in ground floor, so you can have a good time and taste the excellent Belgian beers without going too far. Everything was very clean, the bathroom is big. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only problem was that we booked a room for 6 and were put in a room for 8, thus we had to share it (we were in a group of 6 people), but since we stayed there for only one night and the mates were a nice couple, we let that go.

Nice and characteristic Hostel with friendly staff right in the centre of the city!

• 27th Dec 2014

The place is a bar and they have loud music until 4am we can listen from our rooms The breakfast is like nothing and you need to pay for it They dint have wi-fi in the rooms and the light in the bedroom is terrible, we can not read at night, for example And the heating of my room was not working

• 27th Dec 2014

There aren't lockers in the bedroom, and the shower in my bedroom didn't work. It's more a bar (a good one) then a hostel, but the hostel is ok

Don't stay here if you are able to pay a bit more for something decent. It is mainly a bar with a hostel on the side. The bar is great but if you book a hostel you want a place to sleep. It was really loud, humid, and the whole place smelled like a toilet. Our shower didn't have hot water. We were crammed in a room with six beds when clearly only 4 could fit comfortably. No heater or it didn't work, really cold in the rooms. The only thing good I can say about the place is the location.

The staff were all amazing.. everyone was so friendly and polite. The atmosphere was awesome, it was a very busy and popular bar, but you couldn't hear the noise in the bedrooms which was awesome. The location is amazing, so close to the centre of the city. It was difficult to drive to at the time, but that is because there was construction.

We heard loud music from the cafe (part of the hostel) up till 4 am. That was really annoying! Although it is a really nice cafe it is not that strange that the average hostel guests would like to sleep at around midnight or 1 am. As the cafe is a part of the hostel I expect that the hostel takes this into account.

• 26th Dec 2014

The sink drain of the bedroom was not working well. The toilets were dirty.. many people from the bar used them and there was a lot of noise. The beds were really old and weak. One of them broke when someone was sleeping. One of the two showers of the floor was not good.

• 20th Dec 2014

The location is perfect. The bar was great craic. I would stay here again.