Charlie Rockets Reviews

Hoogstraat 19, B-8000, Bruges, Belgium

Good location, nice atmosphere, but our room was full of mosquitos! There were at least fifteen of them, and the walls were already full of stains caused by previous guests who killed them.

The bed was clean, wifi was easy to connect. Checking in was quick and the employee was very nice. Breakfast didnt last as long as it should (half an hour before closing time there was nothing left) the reception works as a bar too, so no chilling with your own drinks (we got scolded for it). Location is excellent! I would surely come back!

I can genuinely say this is the best hostel I've ever stayed in. There were 9 of us guys, all of having cycled from London over a long weekend. We had a secure place to lock up our bikes, both rooms were super clean and very good quality furnishings and utilities for a hostel. As someone who has stayed at top hotels and grimey hostels alike I can safely say that I'd recommend Charlie Rockets even for friends who are apprehensive hostel virgins. Brilliant location, with an excellent bar to boot.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Good breakfast. Excellent location. Didn't realise towel was not included. Would stay here again based on location and atmosphere.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Wales

The atmosphere is best described as sleeping in a bar. It wasn't particularly clean and you have to check in with the bartender if you come or go. Plus it was very loud. Overall, I'm not a fan.

The hostel is fine and worth its price. The hostel bar was a bit loud during the night and the breakfast was too simple - even for a hostel.

perfect bar for people who enjoy Nirvana and Creed, exclusively

A great hostel in a perfect location.

Really good hostel with a cool socialising area downstairs - good range of beers! Staff really friendly and helpful also.

Amazing! Nice clean and really amazing pub!

The hostel is located very near Burg Square, a central place in Bruges. The bunk beds are good and the room was clean. The bathrooms were a bit small but everything else was good. The bar/reception has a good atmosphere and the staff is nice.

The common area/bar/game area was amazing to hang out in. The rooms were simple but clean and nice.

The location is great, easy to find and walking distance from everywhere. The stuff is nice and the hostel pub looks cool.

Good location and a clean Comfortable hostel. There is a bar/ downstairs but no kitchen.

Personal not friendly.

The hostel is a complete dive. It's really horrible and no one should stay here. It is above a noisy, trashy bar and the staff are so rude. You don't get a key, you have to ask for one whenever you come in. There are no lockers or security in rooms. The window in ours couldnt be shut or locked. The rooms are filthy and the bathrooms are dirty, the toilets had holes in the doors. People smoke and do drugs in the rooms and the beds were falling apart and clearly unsafe. It was completely vile.

My friend and I definitely stayed in a room meant for maximum 4 people, but it was a 6 bed dorm. We had a problem with a couple of the people staying in our room, but management handled the situation really well and offered to move us if any of the issues continued. I liked the bar downstairs-the beers were not too expensive and it had a really fun vibe! I wasn't a fan of the shower/bathroom facilities, but it was doable for a few days' stay.

Excellent location, friendly staff, and good WiFi connection. No lockers in room which made my six bed dorm very cramped when everyone's luggage was taking up floor space.

Without having high expectations, we still payed 55 euro's for one night. The bed was nicely soft but without pillows and the blankets where for mid-winter (bloody hot). The noise of the doors inside of the building is terrible and the noise of midnight showers from other guests where even worse, it was like showering nect to my head. The breakfast wasn't worth the money, just some bread with some easy stuff and dead boiled eggs. This said, the overall rate for me is a 3/10.

• 27th Jun 2014

Bad: No secure lockers in room! Bathrooms smelled very very strange, like mold or old pipes. Beds were fine but floors, walls, pretty dirty. Amazing: However! Location was amazing, really close to all things Brugge. Staff was extremely helpful, kind, and sweet. Plus the downstairs bar with pool tables, tvs, and wifi was a great addition to a backpacker looking to socialize or just relax. Overall would recommend if you're not too fussy about the locker business.

« first « Prev 1 2 3