Charlie Rockets Reviews

Hoogstraat 19, B-8000, Bruges, Belgium

Good location and beautiful outside decoration and the bar. However, the inside decoration of the hostel is not that good. Small room with only two places for charging, no bed lights. Besides, when taking a shower, we need to press the button every 2 or 3 seconds!! But the city is really great!!!

The facilities are very poor. There is no soap provided in any bathrooms (even the ones for the bar patrons!). Then the showers are terrible! They are push button so the water only stays on for about 15 seconds and the water takes forever to heat up since it turns off so quickly. While the location and staff were great, I wouldn't stay here again due to the facilities, unless they were updated.

Great place. We were on motorbikes and the proprietor let us keep our bikes inside the rear garage. My wife and I haven't done hostels for years so we were impressed how clean, safe and good fun the place is. As I parked my bike in the back, I got the chance to see the old cinema in between - which I don't think guests usually get to see. It's amazing and should be opened to guests to have a look - it's a real attraction.

• 12th Dec 2015

Great place very central room had just been decorated very fresh. Shared toilets a bit of a let down very dirty and the ones in the basement stunk .

10min walk from the main square, which is perfect to balance laziness and good sleep. Amazing bar and staff, with AWESOME free maps. Some things are closed for winter though, check before going. No kitchen and no included breakfast. The showers are less than basic: you push a button, got no control on the water temperature or strengh and you have to push it every 10 sec. The WiFi is poor in the rooms and the corridor's light is broken on the 3rd floor.

The bar is very... Unique in its clientele, beware that this is very much a biker bar/hostel. Breakfast was a joke (5euro a day for a piece of bread (not toast.... Like... A slice of bread) and cold coffee)

the toilets were very dirty even if it was already 10am (staff could have already done some cleaning); terribly understaffed; little things like rugs in the showers could go a long way to help make the guests comfortable; the wifi did not work at all

standard hostel.

Charlie Rockets has a great bar downstairs which is awesome to meet new people, however the hallways and rooms smelled so badly and the bathrooms weren't very clean. However, the staff we helpful! Especially when a guest I met there stole all of my belongings they helped to call the police and get Things sorted for me : )

Great Location, and good value for money. Definitely worth staying, specially if you are there for a couple of days. Friendly staff, and great ambience at the bar!! Totally recommended.

We entered the hostel through the bar, it was busy, lively and had a good atmosphere. However, we then went to our room. It smelt very strongly of wet paint and the floor was sticky. The beds thankfully were clean, but there were no curtains at the windows. Neither towels or lockers were provided. You could pay for a locker, but they were in a seperate downstairs storage area, not in our rooms. The bathrooms on our floor were dirty, we ended up using the ones on the floor above.

Great atmosphere with a bar right downstairs. The hostel itself is in a good location just a few blocks away from the main square. Staff was very helpful, overall a good experience.

Good for what we paid. No soap in the bathroom though, and the toilets weren't the cleanest. But overall a good, cheap place to stay in an expensive city. I would stay here again.

Staff were good, atmosphere was good.. i enjoyed being there though the shower and toilets were a shocker. All had blocked drains and shower heads that didnt do the job. Thatd be my only complaint. Still , Id stay there again though not for an extended time.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

We stayed in Brugues for one night after a holiday in Luxembourg and Charlie Rockets was perfect for what we wanted. The bar downstairs was excellent- looks great and had a great atmosphere. The staff were helpful and spoke really good English. We only had one bad thing to say and that was that the skylight was broken and being prized open with a block of wood in room 12. We stayed over when there was a thunderstorm. One of my friends woke up in the middle of the night with hailstones on his bed

• 29th Aug 2015

Just what we wanted a bed for the night, even put my motorbike under cover, excellent food in adjoining restaurant. A good central location, shame it was raining.

• 27th Aug 2015

we had a great stay here. the hostel is quite basic, the showers arent great. but atleast the water was hot and the sheets were clean which is the main thing. the staff are all really lovely and helpful and they have a really great bar and atmosphere. would def recomend it for a budget hostel

Value for money hostel

• 26th Aug 2015

More toilet roll needed

• 25th Aug 2015

I DONT RECOMMEND! They had to decide in which field they want to work.. its a pizza restaurant and a hostel together.. they didnt allow us to eat or drink on the ground floor and we had to go up like we are not their customers.. i can understand their policy about drinks but they didnt let my friend to smoke in front of the restaurant while other 'customers' were smoking.. its really rude and if you dont have enough money you might feel a bit like an orphan here..