Charlie Rockets Reviews

Hoogstraat 19, B-8000, Bruges, Belgium

Nice and characteristic Hostel with friendly staff right in the centre of the city!

• 27th Dec 2014

The place is a bar and they have loud music until 4am we can listen from our rooms The breakfast is like nothing and you need to pay for it They dint have wi-fi in the rooms and the light in the bedroom is terrible, we can not read at night, for example And the heating of my room was not working

• 27th Dec 2014

There aren't lockers in the bedroom, and the shower in my bedroom didn't work. It's more a bar (a good one) then a hostel, but the hostel is ok

Don't stay here if you are able to pay a bit more for something decent. It is mainly a bar with a hostel on the side. The bar is great but if you book a hostel you want a place to sleep. It was really loud, humid, and the whole place smelled like a toilet. Our shower didn't have hot water. We were crammed in a room with six beds when clearly only 4 could fit comfortably. No heater or it didn't work, really cold in the rooms. The only thing good I can say about the place is the location.

The staff were all amazing.. everyone was so friendly and polite. The atmosphere was awesome, it was a very busy and popular bar, but you couldn't hear the noise in the bedrooms which was awesome. The location is amazing, so close to the centre of the city. It was difficult to drive to at the time, but that is because there was construction.

We heard loud music from the cafe (part of the hostel) up till 4 am. That was really annoying! Although it is a really nice cafe it is not that strange that the average hostel guests would like to sleep at around midnight or 1 am. As the cafe is a part of the hostel I expect that the hostel takes this into account.

• 26th Dec 2014

The sink drain of the bedroom was not working well. The toilets were dirty.. many people from the bar used them and there was a lot of noise. The beds were really old and weak. One of them broke when someone was sleeping. One of the two showers of the floor was not good.

• 20th Dec 2014

The location is perfect. The bar was great craic. I would stay here again.

Probably one of the worst hostels I've stayed at. Its mainly a bar with a hostel as a second thought. Breakfast is extra and didn't look that great. Almost no one staying there when I was there and if there were I wouldn't know them from the other bar patrons. No kitchen facilities only over priced food from the attached restaurant. Showers lukewarm. Just felt very stale and uninviting. Also had to give in the key when leaving for the day, thought that was odd. Go elsewhere if you can.

If you are looking for a festive place to stay in Brugge, this would be the place to choose, as there is a bar on the bottom floor. No breakfast included with your stay, but the room was clean and the facilities good enough. I enjoyed my stay there, as it was problem free.

1 2 Next » last »