Charlie Rockets Reviews

Hoogstraat 19, B-8000, Bruges, Belgium

The place is nice and the staff were polite. However, I did not get any sleep at all the night I stayed there as there were drunken people on the streets making noise till 3-5am. At some point, they even threw glass bottle on our window. Other than that, there were also a lot of booming noises from nearby. Hence, I did not get any sleep at all.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Brunei

We were able to check in early which was nice, the staff was really funny and friendly and the maps they had were really great! But when we were leaving to catch our train at around 5:30am we realized that the door downstairs had been locked from the outside.... Can you say fire hazard!!!!!!

• 10th Jun 2015

The location was great, however the staff were very unfriendly and unwelcoming. Rooms were clean overall but they did not have lockers. Not a bad place to stay but overpriced for the facilities and service given.

Overall decent stay, best thing is the location and bar area. I didnt like the showers.

A good place to stay for this price. Good breakfast deal and location. Toilet service could be improved though. The pub/pool inside the local is an advantage.

The bar downstairs is definitely better than the hostel upstairs! I stayed in a 4 bed dorm for 2 nights and the room could barely fit 2 people, plus the bunk bed slats looked like they were going to snap at any minute but that might have just been my room. Only 2 plus sockets between 4 people. Wi-Fi was decent in the room and the hostel was easy to find from the train station being that it was in centre of Bruges.

Located in an old cinema, in the centre of the town, with a pub at the ground floor... :o)

The guys working here were so great and so helpful! We would have been homeless without them! Thank you for everything!!!

I only want to comment that the toilet, which had to be shared with 6 people, did not have lock! First time I see that.

The rooms were very old and not clean. The security was terrible! By bags were left in an unlocked room accessible to anyone from the pub. No real atmosphere as a hostel, only a pub. Didn't even get my own room key.

Would not recommend. There were no lockers available, and no where to lock stuff up. The beds were old and rickety. Bathrooms were filthy and showers basically nonfunctional. There is no kitchen or anything. Located right on a busy road, with people at the bar partying late into the night, making it very noisy and haed to sleep. The bar downstairs itself is nice, not the rooms upstairs.

The hostel was nice! Happy environment with a lot of movement and music downstairs. The water in the showers was extremely hot and you could not control it! The room was nice but unconfortable pillows. Is very near to the city center.

Pretty average

Good basic hostel, warm welcome and nice breakfast. Very central and very helpful. Don't be put off by the 'party' reputation - got two very good nights' sleep. And if you like to party then it's a winner.

, the location of the hostel was perfect. .The room was clean and so were the beds and as a bonus they were very comfortable. I had read reviews about this being a very noise place because it's above a busy bar. Our room was on the second floor and we heard no noise atall. However When i went on the first floor and it did seem very noisy when I was there. The showers are a big problem. At first they were freezing and then they were boiling hot. Could not shower properly.

• 25th Apr 2015

Best location in the town, only downside was the only common area was the bar

some of the reviews are a little over exaggerated, this place isnt that bad lol. be warned its a bar first and a hostel second. no lockers in the room which kind of sucks and the showers are bad. the bar is good fun tho, plenty of pool tables!

I have stayed in a lot of hostels throughout my stay in Europe and this was without a doubt the dirtiest and worst I have ever stayed in. The showers did not have hot water, the room had very few plugs and I thought I was going to get diseases from everything I touched. The bar was quite cool, but also very dive. The washrooms smelt so bad I thought I was going to be sick and the ceiling was dripping water. Overall it was so unclean I am glad my stay was so sort;.

Very nice location, 2 mins walk to the center. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. To get the room you had to clime up a very steep and narrow staircase (not suitable for big suitcases) Rooms were fine and clean with a sink in them. Bathrooms and toilets were a joke. The toilet room was very small and you could not sit on the toilet without having a sick stabbing your ribs. The showers were THE WORST showers we have ever experienced. Only drops of COLD water came out. Can't wash hair

The best thing is the location, all the rest is just about average for a hostel. I had the intention to relax with my family, so maybe it was not the most recommended once there was a bar on the ground floor until late at night. The room was simple, but clean. The prices are OK. The breakfast is also really simple, but OK. The staff was not that friendly, doing just the "necessary" and without any free smiles, maybe we caught them in a bad mood... But in the end, still recommend