Charlie Rockets Reviews

Hoogstraat 19, B-8000, Bruges, Belgium

Atmosphere, location and staff were perfect. However, there was an unbearable smell in the room (Room no.1). It was a real challenge to sleep. Really unsupportable. I think the other person whom I shared the room was staying there for a long time and he had not so much time to deal with his 4 pairs of shoes. Just guessing. I think it is in hostel's responsability to take care of this inadmissible odour; cause they're selling these rooms to their clients; don't they?

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Turkey

I did not get a chance to tell the staff but I think the 1st bed on the left in Room 9 has bed bugs as I was covered in bites when I woke, two together which is a sign.

We stayed only for one night. The bathroom were really really bad specially the shower. The breakfast was ok. The location is really good. If you want only a bed for sleep it is a good hostel, but don't expect too much. Also the room was pretty dark and hard to get. The stairs doesn't help.

It needs maintenance asap! it is an improvised hostel, no good relation with the price.

Perfect location, Brugge is very small but this is right in the heart of it and very easy to find. Located on top of a pub which was lively and had a lot to offer (pool, music, beer) which is always handy. Was slightly pricey for dorms but one of the cheapest we could find so good for market prices. The rooms and facilities were good - pretty standard, had a nice window onto the street. Our room was overbooked though and they had to put a mattress out on the floor for the extra person

Brilliant location....great bar and pool room if a little pretentious. ...good bear......room average ...needs more storage..showers bit grubby....but for a short stay location, staff friendliness and the bar make up for the shortcomings.

This hostel is a cool place to hang out and even has live music on some nights, but the rooms were quiet. It is a good location within the old city walls. It's a longer walk from the train station, but worth it and on flat ground. Everything was great. Only downside was there was no kitchen, but there were discounts at the small restaurant downstairs. We would definitely stay here again.

1 2 3 Next » last »