Charlys Pension Reviews

kale mah. camii sok. no : 5, Egirdir, Turkey

Idyllic location, fantastic staff, very comfortable beds/rooms - don't have a bad word to say about Charlys!! The owners (Carla - she's awesome) and staff help engender a lovey relaxing environment helped by the stunning vista's over the lake back towards the town and mountains. We extended our stay we enjoyed it so much - couldn't imagine there would be a better place to stay in Egirdir.

Had a fantastic time here. This was the first stop in my travels and I just wanted to relax. The terrace is fabulous for that, and if you feel like a swim, the best beach on the lake is at the bottom of the stairs from their terrace. I had dinner two nights here, I was very impressed with the mezzes and the main dishes as well. Many of the guests were only staying one night, as a stop over to Antalya, and I think doing this is a missed opportunity. At a minimum, stay two nights; there is a lot.

I had a great time, it's an excellent place.

Charly's Pension was a wonderful place to stay. The location on the lake is stunning, the staff is super knowledgeable about the area & very warm, and the evening dinners provide a wonderful atmosphere to meet other guests (not to mention delicious). The pension was generally very clean, though one of the buildings with the dorm room was a bit musty and the bathroom could be a bit better maintained. Overall, its highly recommended & I had a fantastic stay!

This is a great little place. Amazing location! Overlooking the water and perfect for sunset! The staff so friendly and helpful. Will evn pick u up at 4:30 in the morning from bus stop! Beds comfy, bathrooms clean. There is a folde with things to do and see in/around Egirdir, this was very helpful! Breakfast was the usual Turkish stuff, nothing special. The do offer lunch and dinners but I didn't eat here so can't comment. Would stay again!

Super!!!! A super nice place to stay !!!

This is just one of the most beautiful places I've stayed in Turkey. The setting of the common area where you eat, and which overlooks the lake is ....... I can't put it into words, breathtaking is the nearest I can say. The whole atmosphere of the hostel too is wonderful, its very relaxed with lovely friendly helpful hosts, who are pro-active in promoting tourism in the area. It has both an indoor and outdoor area, so if you enjoy sitting outside and listening to the sound of the waves perfect

距离长途车站不远,方便寻找,地理位置很合适。旅店有景观餐厅,风景非常漂亮 老板很和善,乐于解答旅游问题,但旅店里的晚餐性价比不高

Same owners/operators of Lale and Fulya Pensions (everyone eats breakfast at Charly's, though). Can't go wrong with any of them. Just a short walk from the bus station, but Ibrahim flagged down our bus at 2am and gave us a ride. Great and filling breakfast, lots of places to chill out for hours on end, delicious menu, clean rooms, super helpful and accommodating staff, right on the water, swim anytime you want. You won't want to leave.

Charlys Pension offers a wonderful view of the lake. Staff is very knowledgable about the region and is very helpful. The accommodation is basic but very good value for the money. The home-made food is quite tasty. Highly recommendable for a relaxing stay.

Awesome location (right by the river), great food and great staff.

Four of us stayed nine nights and loved it. The location by the lake is fantastic and an added bonus was the wonderful food on offer. The owner, Ibrahim, and his family and staff were extremely helpful - but never pushy. All in all, it was a great place to chill out. If only more hostels/hotels were like this!

I loved my stay at Charlys, this hotel with its stunning lake views is a wonderful place to relax. Being right on the lake its so easy to go and enjoy a swim in the clear waters. They provide a wonderful buffet breakfast and give great ideas of what there is to do in the area. The common room is a great place to meet other backpackers and we had a great evening listening to music and exhanging ideas. All the staff are really sweet and I cant wait to return for a longer visit.

I booked at Charlys for one night and ended up staying for 5 days, which seems to be a common thing at that marvellous hostel. If you don't know yet weither or not you should stop at Egirdir on your trip around turkey, you should absolutely do it and take my word for it ;) This hostel has the best terrace with an incredible view of the lake, amazing food and overly nice staff, who booked for us excursions in the Canyon/National park and bike rentals. I wish I could have stayed there forever.

very cool hotel by the Lake Egirdir. staff is very friendly. Stayed there for 3 nights and it was great!

Really friendly fellow "Muslum" met me at the bus stop. He can give you info on everything to do in the area. The view from the breakfast area/common room is beautiful. The pension is in the old 'kale' or castle area and very close to everything.

A excellent place for a unhurried break on your busy, busy backbacking trip around Turkey. Place comes with a very welcoming staff and beautiful nature right next door. Thanks once again for the pleasant days I spent under your roof; even though it was raining.

Very nice place to stay in Egirdir. A bit old but enough comfortable and staff is hospitable. Beach in ~7 meters out of the terrace and lake view form it - good advantages.

Hey ! alors je conseille a tout le monde cette auberge, ibrahim vous acceuillera avec plaisir et il pourra meme vous apprendre quelques mots de turc, car il parle tres bıen le francais! De plus Charlys pension est tres bien situe a dıx metres de la plage ! Et tout est a porter de vos pieds ! Enjoy Eğirdir !!

We booked three nıghts for two people on hostelworld.com and arried ın the middle of the nıght (we sent them an email). They were not expecting us, neither for the first night nor for the tow others. Very bad and scandaleous organisatıon. We advise you the sahıl pension, a bit more expansive but with much better location and private rooms for almost the same price.