Charlys Pension Reviews

kale mah. camii sok. no : 5, Egirdir, Turkey

It is a quiet place directly next to the lake. The staff is really cute and the neighbours as well. One of our girls got followed by a strange man and the staff really helped and supported her, called the police etc. We just had a great stay. Nothing to complain :)

• 21st Aug 2015

Thanks to Muslem, Ibrahim and everyone at Charly's for having us and making our stay pleasant! The hostel has a lovely common area, great affordable food and stunning views. A very nice relaxing and quiet place to visit.

Great cosy feeling place with amazing restaurant views. Owner provides. Good info about town. Woke up at 3am to check in as my bus left me there at that time. It is popular so it may be pricier than others in town. Not many other options though in Egirdir as many foreign tourists do not visit it. This can make the place feel special.

An amazing location ,fantastic facilities that are all top class, and best of all the most helpful generous and loving staff that make tou feel like family. You need at least 3 days here

Idyllic location, fantastic staff, very comfortable beds/rooms - don't have a bad word to say about Charlys!! The owners (Carla - she's awesome) and staff help engender a lovey relaxing environment helped by the stunning vista's over the lake back towards the town and mountains. We extended our stay we enjoyed it so much - couldn't imagine there would be a better place to stay in Egirdir.

Had a fantastic time here. This was the first stop in my travels and I just wanted to relax. The terrace is fabulous for that, and if you feel like a swim, the best beach on the lake is at the bottom of the stairs from their terrace. I had dinner two nights here, I was very impressed with the mezzes and the main dishes as well. Many of the guests were only staying one night, as a stop over to Antalya, and I think doing this is a missed opportunity. At a minimum, stay two nights; there is a lot.

I had a great time, it's an excellent place.

Charly's Pension was a wonderful place to stay. The location on the lake is stunning, the staff is super knowledgeable about the area & very warm, and the evening dinners provide a wonderful atmosphere to meet other guests (not to mention delicious). The pension was generally very clean, though one of the buildings with the dorm room was a bit musty and the bathroom could be a bit better maintained. Overall, its highly recommended & I had a fantastic stay!

This is a great little place. Amazing location! Overlooking the water and perfect for sunset! The staff so friendly and helpful. Will evn pick u up at 4:30 in the morning from bus stop! Beds comfy, bathrooms clean. There is a folde with things to do and see in/around Egirdir, this was very helpful! Breakfast was the usual Turkish stuff, nothing special. The do offer lunch and dinners but I didn't eat here so can't comment. Would stay again!

Super!!!! A super nice place to stay !!!

This is just one of the most beautiful places I've stayed in Turkey. The setting of the common area where you eat, and which overlooks the lake is ....... I can't put it into words, breathtaking is the nearest I can say. The whole atmosphere of the hostel too is wonderful, its very relaxed with lovely friendly helpful hosts, who are pro-active in promoting tourism in the area. It has both an indoor and outdoor area, so if you enjoy sitting outside and listening to the sound of the waves perfect

距离长途车站不远,方便寻找,地理位置很合适。旅店有景观餐厅,风景非常漂亮 老板很和善,乐于解答旅游问题,但旅店里的晚餐性价比不高

Same owners/operators of Lale and Fulya Pensions (everyone eats breakfast at Charly's, though). Can't go wrong with any of them. Just a short walk from the bus station, but Ibrahim flagged down our bus at 2am and gave us a ride. Great and filling breakfast, lots of places to chill out for hours on end, delicious menu, clean rooms, super helpful and accommodating staff, right on the water, swim anytime you want. You won't want to leave.

Charlys Pension offers a wonderful view of the lake. Staff is very knowledgable about the region and is very helpful. The accommodation is basic but very good value for the money. The home-made food is quite tasty. Highly recommendable for a relaxing stay.

Awesome location (right by the river), great food and great staff.

Four of us stayed nine nights and loved it. The location by the lake is fantastic and an added bonus was the wonderful food on offer. The owner, Ibrahim, and his family and staff were extremely helpful - but never pushy. All in all, it was a great place to chill out. If only more hostels/hotels were like this!

I loved my stay at Charlys, this hotel with its stunning lake views is a wonderful place to relax. Being right on the lake its so easy to go and enjoy a swim in the clear waters. They provide a wonderful buffet breakfast and give great ideas of what there is to do in the area. The common room is a great place to meet other backpackers and we had a great evening listening to music and exhanging ideas. All the staff are really sweet and I cant wait to return for a longer visit.

I booked at Charlys for one night and ended up staying for 5 days, which seems to be a common thing at that marvellous hostel. If you don't know yet weither or not you should stop at Egirdir on your trip around turkey, you should absolutely do it and take my word for it ;) This hostel has the best terrace with an incredible view of the lake, amazing food and overly nice staff, who booked for us excursions in the Canyon/National park and bike rentals. I wish I could have stayed there forever.

very cool hotel by the Lake Egirdir. staff is very friendly. Stayed there for 3 nights and it was great!

Really friendly fellow "Muslum" met me at the bus stop. He can give you info on everything to do in the area. The view from the breakfast area/common room is beautiful. The pension is in the old 'kale' or castle area and very close to everything.