Charming Inn Reviews

24 Guihua Rd, West Street (Xi Jie), Yangshuo, China

Nice hostel in the centre of Yangshou. It was situated right in the middle of West steet which made it very noicy at night (not quiet as the describtion says). Thw owner was helpful. We used the laundry service, but thought it was quite expensive.

Internet down the whole time we were there. Great location. Was quite simple but we only needed it to crash at night so wasn't a problem.

Jack was very helpful and friendly throughout our stay.

• 5th Apr 2012

the staff very helpfull

• 22nd Feb 2012
  • Malaysia

The staff was extremely helpful for everything I needed!

The Hostel service is great. When we arrived at the bus terminal, we called the hostel and someone picked us up 3 minutes later. You have free internet access and you can rent bicycles... all processes are really uncomplicated, easy and convenient and the staff helps everywhere...

noisy in the night, because the hostel is really close to the local bar street. But the cleanliness and the nice room worthed it.

Jack was very very very helpful on booking trips even at the last minute! Thanks again for the battery charger that he offer me for free. West street is very noisy until 12.30 so if you plan to go to sleep early, bring some earplugs

I can highly recommend the hostel. I stayed there with 3 friends for 4 days and we had a great time. Jack, the hostel manager, was really friendly and helpful. He helped us organizing the local activities and even brought us to the bus station to make sure we get on the right bus for our activities. The location is perfect. You are directly located at West Street, so close to restaurants, bars, etc. and it is also only a 10-minutes-walk to the several bus stations. All in all a great place !

Very friendly staff! Room service at a hostel which is great too. Excellent location(right off west street).

Convenient location, but could be a little hard to find given that the West Street area is quite confusing without road signs. I suggest the owner put up the place's Chinese name and directions on the website so it'd be easier for travelers to ask for directions. The bathroom was small. It's convenient to book tickets or rent bikes from the hostel.

We already make it very clear in `Map & directions `.We have free pick up sevice ,if you can not find our hostel just give me a call.The western people can find our hostel easily.If you are understand only Chinese language please do not book the room from here ,thank you!

A very pleasant hostel with a perfect location, very close from the dynamic West Street. We enjoyed spacious and cleaned rooms and a very nice staff. The hostel proposes several services and activities such as bike renting, bamboo rafting on the Li river or Cormorant fishing show, all the services were great. We had a lot of fun. Highly recommended.

• 7th Jul 2011

Good location, good local tour, good time here~

Jack is so helpful and kind! He went out of his way to help wherever he could including walking with me to search second hand guide book & taking me to bus station to make sure I get on the right bus. He is always available and happy to help. He can arranges your tours of the surrondings... Plus there's FACEBOOK access!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot find it anywhere else in China )-: and he has WiFi even in the rooms. Most recommended to stay there among the hostels in Yangshuo

Charming Inn is in a great location! It's very close to the West Street and easy to get to whether you come to Yangshuo by boat or by bus. At night the noise from the street and restaurants can be a little bit loud, but it's not too bad. If you're looking for a place just to sleep, this is a good place. The staff was also very helpful before and during our stay.

More an inn than an Hostel, so don't expect much character. Jack was good in giving advise and was easy to reach on his cell phone. The inn is located In an alley right off west street, making it an noisy location. For this price the room was fine, but the curtains and towels were below average. The bikes from this hostel are really good.

Great place to stay, if you're not looking for a party hostel. Rooms were comfortable, clean. Jack was very helpful, and was able to give advice, book onward travel and arrange tours. They seemed to be Chinese speaking tours, but after speaking to others there seems to be few English tours available, so more for convenience if it's a bit far to cycle. Location great, 10-15 min walk from the bus station, and located right next to West Street, and most of the best bars and cafés. Recommended.

It is not really a Hostel, it's more like an guesthouse. Reception staff was not there when I arrived. Room was clean, but the water was not really hot. There is no breakfast available!

Our hostel has 24 hrs hot shower.When u want to use the hot water please turn it on and wait 5 minutes,because our hot water heater is on the roof top.I was busy to pick up our guest when u arrive at our hostel ,sorry.We have no restaurant for the moment,but there are many good restaurant near our hostel.Enjoy your stay with us .

The location is great and the youth hostel does its job by by giving you quicly precise information to visit Yangshuo. I was able to do my laundry, go on the internet but not to print out documents.

The Charing Inn is indeed charming. The staff is amazing, the room was clean and the location is good.