Charung Reviews

138 /moo 1, Haad rin, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Absolutely love that place! If you are looking for a cheap place to gather with your friends, have pre-drinks on the balcony or chill away from the madness of sunrise beach, Charung is the place to be. I suggest to upgrade to a room with AC tho cause otherwise its pretty hot inside the room. The staff and especially Linda are super nice and really helpful. My friends and I had a blast!

It was a wonderful stay.. more than I'd expect from a hostel. They had hammock and it was right at the side of the beach so it was wonderful. My heater had some problem but they resolved it immediately and it was clean and pleasant and definitely Safe. We slept with our doors open and there was no problem at all. The lady who manages the place is very nice and humble.

• 8th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice accomodation close to Had Rin beach. Less than 10 minutes away from the Had Rin beach where the big parties are (also Full Moon party). The good thing is that Charung Hostel is on the other side so that you are not disturbed by the loud beach parties in case you do not want to go out every day. In a nutshell - a great and clean place to stay that is very central.

• 31st Mar 2015

This is a nice quiet place to stay in Phagnan. It's close to the FMP but far enough away to find some peace and quiet. I had a good stay. My only concern would be with the quality of the locking system they use. Anyone could easily get into my bungalow with very little force. All in all a good bungalow to stay in.

Overpriced, though everywhere is during full moon. Room was never cleaned while we were there though we managed to survive. Nice to be im control of the aircon temp for once!

Nice place over all. Good location, 10 min walk from the full moon beach So still quite. Two kinds of rooms, I would recommend taking the better kind, its worth the difference. nice quiet beach in front of the hotel so you can escape the busy and crowded 'full moon' beach daily. Shower was a bit weak and beds hard, but we had a privat balcony with a hammock!

Great staff, great location, wifi was very slow unless you were right beside the office. Room not cleaned over 4 days but you could ask for a broom to get the sand out and toilet paper each day. The doors aren't really secure, even with own padlocks. A cheap screwdriver and 2 minutes and your in, but there were enough people around that it felt secure (During full moon). A22 doesn't have a sink/mirror. Well...It does but it's outside hidden around the corner by another bathroom.

We liked our stay at Charung. The staff was helpful and very kind to us. Laundry and a bikerentals were very easy to organize. Thank you so much once more. Sunsets are incredible just a few meters from the bungalows. Although, the doors of some appartments need to be fixed. Lock is merely a formality, when you are able to rip the door open. Even though the area is very safe :)

View all Koh Phangan Bed and Breakfasts