Charung Reviews

138 /moo 1, Haad rin, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Stayed here during full moon party. I was in a beach bungalow right on the water. Great place with a great view. Was a great location to pregame right before the full moon party. There was also a good vibe here. Neighbors came over had a drink, shared some stories while they were pregaming too. Be aware that this is not where you should stay if you want peace and quite. Even the couple of days leading up to the party were loud.

Absolutely love that place! If you are looking for a cheap place to gather with your friends, have pre-drinks on the balcony or chill away from the madness of sunrise beach, Charung is the place to be. I suggest to upgrade to a room with AC tho cause otherwise its pretty hot inside the room. The staff and especially Linda are super nice and really helpful. My friends and I had a blast!

It was a wonderful stay.. more than I'd expect from a hostel. They had hammock and it was right at the side of the beach so it was wonderful. My heater had some problem but they resolved it immediately and it was clean and pleasant and definitely Safe. We slept with our doors open and there was no problem at all. The lady who manages the place is very nice and humble.

• 8th May 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice accomodation close to Had Rin beach. Less than 10 minutes away from the Had Rin beach where the big parties are (also Full Moon party). The good thing is that Charung Hostel is on the other side so that you are not disturbed by the loud beach parties in case you do not want to go out every day. In a nutshell - a great and clean place to stay that is very central.

• 31st Mar 2015

This is a nice quiet place to stay in Phagnan. It's close to the FMP but far enough away to find some peace and quiet. I had a good stay. My only concern would be with the quality of the locking system they use. Anyone could easily get into my bungalow with very little force. All in all a good bungalow to stay in.

View all Koh Phangan Bed and Breakfasts