Chase The Wild Goose Hostel

8.4
Fabulous 830 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 25-30
27th Jun 2017

The staff at Chase the Wild Goose were excellent, very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and overall we had a good stay.

G'day. It was good to meet you and thank you for your kind review. All the best.

• mahbub7mib
  • Bangladesh, Male, 25-30
26th Jun 2017

It was a wonderful experience to stay at CTWG. Nice atmosphere, friendly staffs and secure amenities. My booking included free breakfasts and owner/receptionist was flexible enough for my late check in. I have already recommended some other travellers to stay at CTWG and I'll definitely stay again when I come back to Fort William.

Thank you for your Top Marks review of 10/10. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay.

• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
26th Jun 2017
6.3

It looked like they try to keep it clean, but it's an old building, so it looked a bit shabby.... In my opinion ther's not enough toilets for the number of guest (queued for the toilet in the mornings). 'Free' breakfast is very basic (no yoghurt, meat/cheese or fresh bread). I think it's more fair to make guest choose to pay for breakfast instead of offering 'free breakfast' (which isn't free in the end, because the price of a bed would be cheaper without breakfast I guess).

Than you for your review. its true our building is old (it dates to 1850) but our bedrooms have fresh decor, new carpets and modern wash basins, many of our bathrooms are chic, and our kitchen has just been upgraded. Perhaps you didn't like the style? Regarding breakfast, many guests are backpackers familiar with Hostelworld, which is why, for a limited time, we offer Breakfast in the price.

20th Jun 2017
6.0

This hostel is clean but apart from that everything else was pretty average. Was a little depressing to be honest.

We are sorry to hear you had a 'depressing' stay. Although we were fully booked on the night it seems most guests were out and about enjoying themselves. But, staff are always available to talk to. We hope you make it back when a lively crowd is in. All the best.

• England, Mixed Group, 41+
16th Jun 2017

Window in room broken and one shower out of order at time of visit. Breakfast items and facilities first class, would stay again.

We put our hands up to the broken shower - but we're on the ball. Plumber fixed it today. We're working at fixing the broken handle on the window... But thank you for your comments re breakfast and facilities and your high rating. Comments like yours make our day :)

• Canada, Female, 25-30
14th Jun 2017

A lovely place to stay. My bed was comfortable, the room had a sink in it too which I really liked for brushing teeth and washing faces when use of the toilet wasn't needed. I had to fully crawl under the bed to be able to plug my adaptor in. I was told lockers are available somewhere in the building but I didn't go look for them. The lad at reception was great and helpful and even let me use the phone. Nothing much in the area but great for Ben Nevis. quiet! Wifi very spotty and slow

• Scotland, Mixed Group, 18-24
14th Jun 2017

Lovely homely place, but not within decent walking distance to the centre of fort william so if you don't have a car it might be quite annoying. overall a nice stay :D

• Belgium, Male, 25-30
11th Jun 2017
4.3

The hostel is quite far from Fort William which shouldn't be a problem if there would be regular busses. Since we arrived on a sunday, we had to take a taxi to go to the center. The matras was really bad to sleep on and for the money you pay, you should be welcomed with a bed made instead of having to put the sheets on yourself. The showers and breakfast were okay. For other facilities: we expected at least a drying room for a hostel that claims to be a hikershostel at the end of the WHW.

Not a good review about our hostel. We're sorry we missed the mark for you. At least the showers and breakfast were 'okay'. It's not unusual for hostels to be a little 'do it yourself' with making beds, cleaning up etc, but we'll consider what you say and see what we can do to improve, where possible. We are in a lovely location which many guests approve of, but clearly from your rating you weren't impressed by the Sunday transport timetables, something which is beyond our control. We're 2 miles from the West Highland Way, and the Great Glen Way is close by.

• China, Couple, 25-30
10th Jun 2017
7.1

This hostel has very strict rules on arriving time. I didn't pay much attention at the booking and only noticed it after making the full payment. Luckily we didn't arrive late, but I would advise other travellers to read it carefully before booking. We stayed in a room with 4 beds. The light was broken at that night. I hope it's fixed by now.

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Jun 2017

Nice clean and calm hostel. Friendly staff.