Chase The Wild Goose Hostel Reviews

Great Glen Way, Lochiel Crescent, Banavie, Fort William, Scotland

The hostel is run down, not very clean and damp, especially the bathrooms which I had to queue each time I needed the toilet or shower. Some showers were poor and broken. Breakfast was poor as most things had run out. I was offered a ride by staff to the base of Ben Nevis by a volunteer who worked out of the hostel. I was charged us £15 to go a couple of miles!!! This was concerning and far more than a local taxi. I will not be recommending this hostel or using it again!

• 9th Oct 2015

Thank you for your comment. We thought you had enjoyed your stay with us, however your being charged an excessive amount for transport by a 'volunteer' for transport has clearly disappointed you to leave these comments. We can take no responsibility for you being charged for transport, something we have no knowledge of at all, but we acknowledge some upgrading is desirable. The good news is that we will be upgrading the hostel this winter. Other comments here thankfully paint us a better picture

Good place to stay, warm and friendly.

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

I highly recommend to stay at this hostel on the proviso that you have a car as the hostel is located about a ten minute drive outside of Fort William. The hostel itself isn't overly modern but what it doesn't have in gadgets it certainly makes up for in atmosphere. It has a very homely, relaxed feel about it and the staff are absolutely brilliant.

One must swim to and from the shower if young folk have been their first: clothing gets wet and so do feet but otherwise the facilities are fine. The staff do try to help one out but I was there for 3 nights and never had the opportunity to wash clothes: modus operandi of washing and drying clothes needs to be stated when one enters the hostel for the first time.

I loved this hostel! It's a bit far away from Ben Nevis and if you don't have a car you'll have to navigate the public transportation, but I managed pretty easily. The wiFi was slow when everyone was on it but everything else was great. It's a great place to spend a few nights!

The staff member on duty at reception was lovely. My room/ bed was comfortable. The bathrooms - each with its own shower, toilet and basin - were well set up for privacy and comfort, but the hot water didn't run in the first shower I tried and the door on the second wouldn't quite close (which lead to a wet floor).

Very clean hostel. More bathrooms would be helpful.

It was difficult to reach the hostel with the suitcase. However the staffs were so kind, and I loved the hostel.

Not a bad place to stay, amongst a great deal of more expensive places in Fort William, but don't expect too much. They also require advance payment, which isn't in keeping with the hostel world policy, but it beats paying more. Fort William is pretty awesome and the person working was very nice and helpful.

The hostel is a bit of a walk from the town centre, luckily we had a car but travellers without a car might find it in a bit of an inconvenient location. The lady on reception was lovely and very helpful, but unfortunately the whole hostel was quite run down - it was very dark and gloomy. The bathrooms were mouldy and there was limited hot water, also the wifi was broken. I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone.

We don't agree our hostel is run-down, dark or gloomy, but on a dark rainy day it might appear to some as being so. We are happy however to receive all feedback. We have just last week installed beautiful, wonderful, hopefully very reliable wi-fi operating now in EVERY room. Yes..! It means staff, too, can get access. :) :) :)

Had an enjoyable stay unfortunately the radiator in the room we stayed in (Muck) didn't appear to work so the room was cold.

• 29th May 2015