Chase The Wild Goose Hostel Reviews

Great Glen Way, Lochiel Crescent, Banavie, Fort William, Scotland

This hostel is nice. But keep in mind that you have to pay for the breakfast, the lockers, the wi-fi. Otherwise it's a good place to stay! We just had a little issue... A familly of 12 arrived around 23:00 and they cooked diner, they opened every light in the dorms and a baby cried until 1 am.

Nice comfy-looking place. a short walk to a fish and chips store

Staff was very kind and they did their best. One guy seemed to be a little bit arrogant, but other members were so much nicer. Rooms were clean, but the building is rather old. However, there's nothing else good about it. The hostel is NOT in Fort William, nearest shop is quite far away, fridge is rather small and stuffed with drinks, lockers are paid only and you get charged if you use a card! No guides what to do around Banavie (probably there's nothing anyway) either.

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

I only stayed for 2 nights but was made very welcome by the staff also the other guests a great atmosphere , and i would stay there again a quiet location with great views . Terry

• 26th Aug 2014

You need to change your bedding and offer proper bedding. It is very uncomfortable (I'm tall and I couldn't barely fit in it) and also supposes a health threat catching bugs from previous guests. Most hostels that I have staid offered proper normal bedding, I don't see why you don't. It's a shame as this spoiled our stay, when overall the rest was nice.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Generally it was a very enjoyable experience and good value for money. I am making these comments on behalf of a group that I came with from what I picked up from them after our stay at CTWG. Negatives were I had several occasions when I had no ruddy loo roll! Also the lights didnt work in one of the bathrooms and the sheets and duvet covers could and should be washed more often. However I like to end on a positive,I would recommend it to anyone its a good roof over your head!No to Independence!

There for one night prior to start of a Three Peaks Challenge. Good location. Welcomed upon arrival by friendly staff. Clean facilities, kitchen and dining areas good. Bunk room (8) just right. Could not ask for more.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was just that bit further away from Ben Nevis than I had hoped.

Very friendly and pleasant hostel near canal and Neptune's Staircase. Wifi is not included (you can pay extra for 18 hours) which I found a problem, since it is not near the town and bus info, directions, maps, etcetera are online. Beautiful area to visit.

Great hostel with lovely staff!

First time staying in a hostel and wasn't disappointed. Henry was very friendly and helpful. Nice comfy rooms and great storage for bikes.

• 16th Jun 2014

This place needs to get its act together. It was still as fly-blown last weekend as it was last time I stayed, two years ago. Plus something now seems to have gone wrong with the plumbing - the loft-cistern is adjacent to dorm 4, and goes off like a steam-hammer every time somebody runs water. Sleep was hard to come by. I thought this was poor value for £20 per night, especially with a bathroom out of order, leaving only two loos to serve a full 42-bed hostel

Thanks for your feedback re the plumbing. We do have more than two WCs you know... but as for the knocking, we think this was due to an air-lock in the pipes?? Chase that wild goose....!

Basic accommodation and facilities, but functional.. Good location for exploring highlands from, close to Fort william

Perfect for backpackers. Best value for money. Clean bathrooms/toilets (plenty there so no problem of queuing up) with hot water. A posh looking hotel next to this has a good restaurant and a bar so don't need to go far for breakfast/ dinner.

Great to have you stay, and thank you for your kind words. Chase the wild goose..!

nice welcome. friendly and helpfull warden .clean with good kitchen facilities

• 9th May 2014

Thanks for the endorsement. Chase the wild goose..!

Overall the stay and service from the staff was great, especially from the young lady who booked us in on our arrival. She was able to advise on local pubs, shops etc within walking distance from the hostel. However the microwave and toaster/grill in the kitchen where not very efficient and could do with replacing. Apart from that the hostel was great value for money!!

• 7th May 2014

We do try to offer great value for money..!! Thank you for your custom.

Ideal location for our stay. Car park space a bit limited though.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Scotland

Lots of parking at the back, too, and the free public car park is also nearby.

View all Fort William Hostels