Che Bed & Breakfast Reviews

Bahia del Espiritu Santo, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

The only problem I had with this place was finding it. There was no sign ao I did have to ask several people before I found it. However, it was definitely worth the little scavenger hunt. The staff were all super nice, the facilities were spotless and the breakfast was by far one of the better ones I've ever had included. I initially booked a room with a shared bathroom but they offered me a room with a private bathroom at the same cost. Also, just feet from the beach. Awesome place!

- there are 15 pictures on HW, only 2 were matching. - we thought there would be a terrace or something, as shown on the pictures, but there wasnt or staff didnt tell us about it. - the shower had a student style shower curtain that felt 3 times on my head. There is warm water, but it gets cold every X minute. - location is really good and it's inside playacar, what gives a save feeling - staff is friendly - good place if u want something very basic for cheap

Extremely cheap for what we got! I would totally recommend it!

• 4th Mar 2015

Staff were AWESOME! Very nice, full of tips in the area, bilingual, and let us keep our bags there another day while we wandered around. If I come back to Playa del Carmen, I will hope to stay here again.

Excellent hostel to stay in Playa del Carmen. The price is a little bit expensive, but you stay in a very beautiful house with access to beach. The breakfast is amazing, also you can use the kitchen freely during all day, including the pasta and rice. The hostel is clean and the wifi is excellent. Very close to 5th avenue (the street of bars, souvenirs, ferry, fun ...). I definitely recommend this hostel.

We had a fantastic time at the Che B&B. Their location is unbeatable, meters form the beach, and a short walk from Downtown.

Asked for 50% plus our hostelworld deposit in a poorly email to be sent to a bank account with a different hotel name. Room very basic and not what we booked. We asked on check-out why our room was so basic and were given various unsatisfactory and non-sensical explanatons. Water problems on two days with no apology or explanation (or discount) from staff. Toilet barely flushed. Checkout took over an hour because they lost the credit machine and we were driven to another hotel to pay.

Che opened one week before we came it we could note it. We weren´t able to find it at all :) Also our room was really dark, but other than that it was very nice. Good breakfast.

The shower did not work two days. The toilet barely flushed. The room provided was not what we expected. Very basic. Checkout took an hour. Breakfast was basic, eggs, oranges, pineneapple, toast and cereal.

• 8th Jan 2015

Just one girl on the staff doesn´t have many idea of the places near, she can't help us with nothing, and we have problems with one tour because of that.

Did not receive ensuite as per booking request. Paid $90 US, to get a room with no TV, ensuite, or any tea-coffee facilities, all things we got in far cheaper hotels in the same town. Staff were not helpful, tried to send us to another building but rooms there were not ready, and after an hour of mucking round we accepted the room without ensuite for a minimal discount. Breakfast was basic cereal and toast, but staff did not put out any Milk for the cereal or butter for toast. Very unimpressed.

Nice and clean b&b, had everything we needed for one night. A little hard to find, but in a very nice and quiet location. The staff was helpful and the kitchen area was good. The walls are super thin so you hear everything from next door.. I would say it was not a very good value for the money compared to other places I have stayed in Mexico as it was pretty pricey (possibly because this was close to new years and we ordered pretty late). Would look around for cheaper options next time!

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Norway

Staff hadn't noticed our booking, meaning they tried to squeeze us into an inferior quality room (which was really poor). In the end we spent one night in a superior room and one in the room we originally booked. Both were actually very nice (although expensive compared to other we had stayed in) but the process wasn't handled well by the staff - particularly when they seemed annoyed we hadn't vacated a room after the first night despite at the 11am checkout time.

Really lovely guesthouse, amazing rooms and good location right near beach and walking distance to town. Highly recommend staying here.

Awesome breakfast, nice staff, clean hotel, recommended!

• 18th Oct 2014

Good and friendly B&B, quite close to everything you need in Playa. The room was big and nice, but didn't have a chair nor curtains to make it dark, and this particular room had some noise from kitchen in the morning. Price is relatively high, but that's partly related to Playa in general. I would say it is a good option to stay!

We booked a double with private bath. The room was on the ground floor and it was nicely furnished with a private kitchen on the outside patio. The room was clean and in good condition. Wi-fi signal was strong in the room. The staff we encountered were all very nice and helpful. The free breakfast was basic but nice with coffee, toast, cereals, yogurt and eggs. The location is in the very quiet residential section of Playacar, a very short walk to the action on 5th Ave.

close to the beach, but need to walk about 10 min to the main street. Room is big, the one I stayed also with a big frige and a stove for cooking. breakfast is a little bit too simple. wifi connection is good. but I don't like the staff asked me twice for the room charge, I arrived at midnight and she asked me to pay the rest ( for 5 days) in the next morning which I had not got any chance to exchange money. my bed was too soft which made my back ache. except these, all the others are good.

View all Playa del Carmen Hostels