Che Lagarto Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Venezuela 857, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great hostel, helpful staff, central location, best breakfast ever! Rooms could do with more fans though, it was so hot I barely slept & got eaten alive by Mosquitos or something as we had to have the windows open...which didn't really make much difference. So yes, great hostel but more fans please!

excellent hostel, great staff, clean rooms, great location and excellent breakfast, couldn't ask for more from a hostel.

AWESOME! My stay in the hostel was an experience, frontdesk team worked for let me feel like an old friend they'r very helpful. I got an upgrade dorm from Stephi (receptionist) just 'cause they've availability in that kind of dorms and same price it was perfect. Bruno and Facu are the team at nights with good music and cheap prices at bar is easy be happy and get drunk, there is a big nice garden behind where all the people are. the cleanliness is really GOOD Gabo the manager rock it! THX all!!

• 24th Feb 2015
  • Ecuador

Staff and location were great but the rooms are in need of a renovation and it could be cleaner.

Great place, great city, great people!

Good location. Downstairs common area is good and there's plenty of space. Average breakfast. I was in a 6 bed female dorm on the first floor and it was so hot at night it ruined the stay. There was only 1 fan which didn't reach most of the room, it it wasn't for this I would of enjoyed it more.

Cheap, central base

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

Nice hostel with large common area. Rooms and bathrooms are a decent size. Room gets very stuffy and hot. Lockers out side of room. They have a key for the room that has to be handed in to reception when the last person leaves the room. Although it is better security (eventhough valuable are outside) it left me locked out of my room for 30 mins. Good location. Great breakfast

• 11th Jan 2015

Backpaking for some years, and that was probably one of our worst hostel experiences so far: -Booked an 8 beds room, but got an 11 beds room; -The bathroom was shared, but there were no lockers on the doors. Girls had no security; -One day, there was no water to bath in the morning; -There were only 10 lockers for an entire floor (40 people); -2 plugs for 11 guests; -The ad says they have AC. Lie; -One day, my clothes were gone and my bed was settled to another person. Good breakfast n location

I stayed at this hostel for 3 days at 11 bed room. There arent enough lockers for us and there are 5 floors in the hostel but only toilets in the 2nd floor. When i need help about the city, staff werent as good as i expected.

Decent place however they cancelled our booking rather mysteriously. Although we were given another room and a discount the staff didn't really seem to know what was going on. The hostel is clean, a bit of a maze (and misleading signs on the first floor) but has a good outside area with a pool table. The bar is cheap but one night they didn't have any beer.

Nice place to stay. The atmosphere is amazing. In my humble oinion San telmo is the best neighbeirhood of the city. For me it was an unforgetable expirience a I strongly recomend he lagARTO. Buenos Aires is an Amanzing City and the people is incredable. Yon Really can trust. Stay in Che Lagarto!!!!! Nice room..really nice stafff and good comum area...fair enough. Cheersss!!!!! The rrom was nice..even the kitchen and everithing.. It's welll loated..you can go anywhere by bus..or just walkiing..

They did not change the pillowcase, which was very gross. Otherwise things were decent for what I paid.

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Cyprus

Nice hostel if you want to stay downtown, but I much prefer Palermo.. Clean, safe with you tipical Argentinan breakfast.. Good hostel..

Only 1 shower per floor! No we're near enough for everyone! Staff we're ok, but came in smashed from the night before and we're very intimating! Wouldn't recommend this hostel, if you want a good hostel in BA go to Ostinatto 2 blocks away! 10 times!

Great vibe. Great crowd. Had a really awesome time. Could be cleaner. The blanket in my room had a small blood stain. Plumbing could also be modernized. When water pressure is low in the street, you cannot take a shower.

I really loved my stay at Che Lagarto, great people, helpful staff and its just a few steps from the Avenida 9 de Julio, I´ve stayed longer than I was planning which means it was great, totally recommend!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels