Che Lagarto Hostel Buenos Aires Reviews

Venezuela 857, Buenos Aires, Argentina

There were cockroaches everywhere. Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom... So gross. Breakfast was good. Wifi didn't work in room and didn't allow video or picture upload. A huge upset since the Che we stayed in Iticare was fantastic.

The hostel is in a great spot in San telmo and the staff are friendly. However some of the advice they gave wasn't always correct. We also had our food stolen regularly from the fridges during our stay.

• 9th Nov 2015

Cancelled so can't comment

do not expect something crazy(in terms of quality of the bed or shower), but the atmosphere is great and if you are not a high maintenance person this is the best you can get for your money I would think

• 22nd Sep 2015

Not much going on here, but ok if you want to get your head down. We stayed for one night and moved to Milhouse for a party! Breakfast was ok. Showers were great and hot. Wifi ok. Door to the balcony in the room wouldn't shut so had to wedge our bag against it.

I was a bit disappointed given this is a Che Lagarto. Some lockers did not worked or there were not enough so I had to use the ones on another floor. My bunkbed did not have a ladder and it was annoying getting to my bed, at least the bed was comfortable.The place looks run down. The staff was welcoming. Location is ok, close to the obelisk but not lively and a bit scary to walk alone that street at night. At least the place was clean. On the plus side they did offer cool activities

Good place but kitchen facilities were average. Hot water kettle didn't work. Staff members were amazing. They were really friendly and helpful. Location is about 10-15 minutes walk from the main terminal which I thought was bit far, but not sure if there are many hostel right next to the bus terminal. Breakfast was good but not the best: cereals, bread, fruits and cakes.

• 16th Aug 2015

This hostel has so much potential, the main common area needs more comfy chairs/sofas/beanbags to hang out. The rooms need heaters as they are damp and cold. The kitchen needs a new cooker and new pans untensils, better opening hours it's shut over lunch!?! The one positive was that i arrived unwell before check in and the lady on reception got me a bed early. The breakfast is also pretty good. It's a shame because it's so clean it just needs some changes making it has a good location as well.

Excellent hostel, great staff, clean rooms, good location and goot breakfast, my problem was a brazilian group, not polite wake up early morning and be noise when share the room with others!!!!

Staff is great! Really looking to make your stay better. Thanks.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels