Che Lagarto Hostel Colonia Reviews

18 de Julio 487, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

Magnetic cards for doors. Lockers are just drawers below the beds. Good breakfast (cereals/milk, coffee/tea/chocolate, bread, jam/dulce de leche, toaster). Friendly staff, though some of the more recent did not know much about the city. Location: not far from the old city, and just two blocks from the ferry & bus terminals.

I liked the free hostel-guitar. And sitting/eating breakfast in the sheltered part of their patio is really nice. :)

This hostel was clean and had a great atmosphere, with a beautiful back garden and a comprehensive breakfast. Having a swipe card to access our room was nice for added security. When we were in Colonia it was stormy and so we spent more time at the hostel sheltering than we might've otherwise and unfortunately there weren't too many places to hang out inside!

A nice hostel to spend a few days. Very close to the main area in Colonia and close to amenities like a supermarket and atms. The kitchen is good and there is a nice back garden area. The room is spacious and has air conditioning. Out room was right next to the main front door but had a swipe card system to enter which was great.

The Che lagarto hostel did not have much to offer, it was a relitively clean place to sleep and have breakfast, but I would not recommend staying here for more than one night. I am a solo traveler, 19 years old, and I felt very safe at this hostel. It is good value for your money.

I felt like I was staying at a really nice hotel... with bunk beds. It was quiet, but social if you wanted it to be. The staff was extremely helpful and in really enjoyed my stay there.

I really liked this hostel, but it did have some negatives. On the plus side, very convenient location near to the port and the bus terminal, supermarket nearby, wifi was strong and consistent, hammocks were lovely and breakfast had a decent variety to it. Negatives are that few staff seemed to be multi lingual, security seemed a bit dodgy if you were in a dorm by the front, and very little atmosphere at all. A nice place to chill out though, and a couple of days is probably enough

The staff is amazing! The good vibe and the acomodation are the best of the city. Near of Buquebus Stop, Old City and the main avenue make Che Lagarto perfect to stay.

The Hostel was really okay, only that the front door is open all day long and the entrance to our dorm was right next to the front door so everybody could have walked in.

not that much options in such small city. the town is very small so very easy to walk around and safe. Bus terminal very close. it s clean, the patio is nice and kitchen well equiped. Staff is fine. Security is poor, anyone could enter in our room from the outside. since it s at the entrance.

Great location! 2 blocks from the Bus Station and the Ferry Station. I just think that it is not well explained at the website, I had to make a round on the block to find the hostel! it is just to take a street in front of the ferry station (don't remember the name) and then turn the second left (Calle 18 de Julio) and it is much closer! The rooms and the bathroom were very clean. The staff (Felipe and Dimitri) were very helpfull and friendly.

An old and small but great hostel in the wonderful Colnia del Sacramento. Everything is really close by anywhere in this town. The hostel had fantastic staff and everything you need really.

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels