Che Lagarto Hostel Colonia Reviews

18 de Julio 487, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

-Nice staff; -Security at its best: big and individual lockers, individual key cards; -Great location: one minute from port and bus terminal and close to the old town; -There is a good common area for relaxing and talking; -Air conditioner; -Clean bedrooms and bathrooms; -The difference between Che Lagarto Colonia to Che Lagarto Buenos Aires is huge. The argentineans should learn with the uruguayans how to run a hostel.

The hostel has a great location - only 5 minutes from the bus station and the port and two blocks from the Main Street. The room was big and the lockers were under the bunk bed, which was smart as it didn't take up any space. We only stayed one night but it we felt like there wasn't any "hostel atmosphere". Could be because Colonia's not a place were people stay more than 1-2 nights.

The hostel is very well located, in a walk distance from the bus station, and the ferry, also close to the old town, and restaurants. The place is very cozy, and clean. The bathroom is very clean all the time, has 2 showers separated from the toilets, and a huge mirror for the girls, and also a make up mirror. It's hard to find it anywhere. (not that this is very important, but it impressed me). The staff is nice, and willing to help you, specially Dimitri. The rooms hav a big locker, and air.

Nice spaciouspacious hostel with air con in all the roomsrooms. Very friendly staff. Kitchen gets very steamy and hot when cooking! Showers were good too, strong and hot water. Ten minute walk from the historic centre.

It's a basic hostel, conveniently located. Good value for money and nice, helpful staff. I'd say it needs some refurbishment as some parts look old and dirty (like I wish I haven't seen the ceiling in men bathroom).

Magnetic cards for doors. Lockers are just drawers below the beds. Good breakfast (cereals/milk, coffee/tea/chocolate, bread, jam/dulce de leche, toaster). Friendly staff, though some of the more recent did not know much about the city. Location: not far from the old city, and just two blocks from the ferry & bus terminals.

I liked the free hostel-guitar. And sitting/eating breakfast in the sheltered part of their patio is really nice. :)

This hostel was clean and had a great atmosphere, with a beautiful back garden and a comprehensive breakfast. Having a swipe card to access our room was nice for added security. When we were in Colonia it was stormy and so we spent more time at the hostel sheltering than we might've otherwise and unfortunately there weren't too many places to hang out inside!

A nice hostel to spend a few days. Very close to the main area in Colonia and close to amenities like a supermarket and atms. The kitchen is good and there is a nice back garden area. The room is spacious and has air conditioning. Out room was right next to the main front door but had a swipe card system to enter which was great.

The Che lagarto hostel did not have much to offer, it was a relitively clean place to sleep and have breakfast, but I would not recommend staying here for more than one night. I am a solo traveler, 19 years old, and I felt very safe at this hostel. It is good value for your money.

I felt like I was staying at a really nice hotel... with bunk beds. It was quiet, but social if you wanted it to be. The staff was extremely helpful and in really enjoyed my stay there.

I really liked this hostel, but it did have some negatives. On the plus side, very convenient location near to the port and the bus terminal, supermarket nearby, wifi was strong and consistent, hammocks were lovely and breakfast had a decent variety to it. Negatives are that few staff seemed to be multi lingual, security seemed a bit dodgy if you were in a dorm by the front, and very little atmosphere at all. A nice place to chill out though, and a couple of days is probably enough

The staff is amazing! The good vibe and the acomodation are the best of the city. Near of Buquebus Stop, Old City and the main avenue make Che Lagarto perfect to stay.

The Hostel was really okay, only that the front door is open all day long and the entrance to our dorm was right next to the front door so everybody could have walked in.

not that much options in such small city. the town is very small so very easy to walk around and safe. Bus terminal very close. it s clean, the patio is nice and kitchen well equiped. Staff is fine. Security is poor, anyone could enter in our room from the outside. since it s at the entrance.

Great location! 2 blocks from the Bus Station and the Ferry Station. I just think that it is not well explained at the website, I had to make a round on the block to find the hostel! it is just to take a street in front of the ferry station (don't remember the name) and then turn the second left (Calle 18 de Julio) and it is much closer! The rooms and the bathroom were very clean. The staff (Felipe and Dimitri) were very helpfull and friendly.

View all Colonia del Sacramento Hostels