Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent hostel! Very recommended! The cleaning and the staff are very good!

• 9th Sep 2014

I would't recommend the hostel. They cheated on me with the taxi price and made me pay the taxi ride to the airport for 3 Brazilian girls. When I complained they didn't even react.

• 6th Sep 2014

Good place to stay, however more sockets are needed. Hard to charge my phone. Staff are very helpful and knowledgable about the local area.

Great hostel, attentive staff, and they're very helpful. Very small corridors and stairs, and too many people; avoid if you need space to breathe, but a great hub to explore Rio from.

8 bed dorm had one power multi outlet power outlet next to one bunk bed, so nothing for the other 3 bunks, not very good nowadays with everyone needing power for phones/laptops ...etc. Very high top bunks had no guard rails at all, very dangerous.

Hostel provides you with only a single sheet and the beds are too small to fit on for someone my size. Could not even rent a towel from them. Toilet is literally in the shower, which is a bit odd as well. Recommendations from the staff felt more like they were making money on something than helping you out. On the plus side, the location is good and the hostel feels safe. Lockers are also very large and could fit everything I was traveling with.

• 11th Jul 2014

The wifi wasn't too good, breakfast was good, staff excellent. 2 blocks from the beach of copacabana, near restaurants. Really enjoyed my stay at this place, I was in the Ipanema hostel and move to this one because i liked more the athmosphere at this one!

Hostel messed up our booking, we had to wait in the foyer for more than an hour to find out booking was there, but not identified. Place and rooms are really cramp and lack space. Pros :decent breakfast, well located, there organized tours and other events. Did not have a good experience.

Me and my friends liked a lot of the hostel. The staff is great! For those who want to know Rio, it's a great option. I'll definitely come back for more after woldcup.

great location in copacabana and helpful staff that could tell you how to get where you wanted to go! only stayed a couple nights, but would definitely return here if i get a chance.

Amazing breakfast, clean place, nice staff. Tiny 4-person room I stayed in and small lockers under the bed.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels