Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It was a good location to copacabana beach and organized some good tours. The staff were great and helpful. The problem was the air conditioning in lots of the rooms didn't work. Luckily after the first night we got moved to another room. The mood of the hostel isn't that good because everything shuts down after 10. Also the kitchen is to l small to cook with more than a couple people, and if you don't put name & date of check out they will throw it out. Staff need to say this on check in

No water when I turned on the shower tap. I went to another hostel to take a shower and came back very late. So scared and uncomfortable.

El PEOR hostel que fui en mi vida!!!!. Estuve 7 dias ahi y 6 dias NO TUVIMOS AGUA en TODO el dia, los baños super sucios, la cocina tambien, los cuartos dejan mucho que desear. Al no haber algo basico como agua en todo el establecimiento, el hostel en vez de solucionar el problema, paga taxis para ducharte en el otro hostel ubicado a 15/20 cuadras d ahi. La verdad que NO lo recomiendo!!! Y es importante saber que entraron ladrones a las 4am y el hostel no absorbio los daños ocacionados. Un ASCO!

Hello I had to cancel my stay at your hostel che lagarto in copacabana on the 17th and 18th of january 2016 due to an unexpected report of flight in Sao Paulo. Since I was not responsable for not being able to cancel my reservation on time (more than 72h before) I would be really gratefull if you could provide me a refund of the amout I have been spending without staying. I've also called your hostel and sent emails to cancel as soon as I could, so please consider my demand. Thks for answering.

• 17th Jan 2016

the reception staff was exellent and profesional!! the atmosphere was outstanding and idefently will return to che lagarto!

• 10th Jan 2016
  • Israel

Very social hostel with super friendly staff and good location! Would recommend to anyone from solo travellers to bigger groups. Definitely staying here again. The rooms were clean and had a lot of space.

We came to Rio to celebrate New Year's and my 30th B'day so two special occasions. From the minute we arrived we were greeted with the most friendly, positive and enthusiastic staff from memory (Carol, Igor and another guy who's name was hard to pronounce but he was amazing!). This hostel is great for ages 18-35 I would say and has a great fun atmosphere along with a short walk to Copa beach but still quite enough to get some rest when needed. We wished we had stayed here the whole time in Rio!

• 28th Dec 2015

Cons: very tiny kitchen , cold shower , tiny rooms, no wifi in the rooms, no laundry and works occasionally, no free activities schedule and no common area pros: location and good breakfast

Wasn't the party hostel I'd hoped for, there was a bar but no real place to mingle and meet people. Location was fantastic though and staff helpful.

Friendly staff who seemed to have answers to any question, the vibe of the hostel was great but definitely only a place to stay if you are not looking to get much sleep. Easy to meet new people and have a great time! Good value for $. Should probably sort out the issues with their neighbours however, as we got eggs, water, and glass bottles thrown at us (at 11pm on a Saturday) from one of the apartment buildings, this is extremely dangerous and aggressive behaviour that should be dealt with.

the best hostel! There is good vibe and the staff is very helpful!

This hostel was okay. The location was great but that was really the best thing about it. The bathrooms always had a horrible smell to them, there wasn't much in the way of a common room and wifi only worked in the lobby. There are much better places to stay in the city.

• 22nd Nov 2015

I never leave bad reviews but decided to in this case. For starters the room was dirty with stains on the bedding. The air condition broke leaving our room like a sauna. I complained but after midnight only a guard is on duty and he had no idea how to fixit or change rooms. The next night it was still broken. The bathrooms are filthy and there is never hot water in the showers. The city tour I signed up for ran 3 hours later than I was told it would. I can keep going but theres a character limit

The staff were very friendly and very helpful! :) I'm glad that most of them can also speak in English to help us out. They extended a lot of help to us when we were having problems i.e. looking for a safer transport to pick us up at five in the morning, a bank that operates for 24hours catering to our ATM cards (thank God for Citibank in Copacabana!), and checking a lot of times if I left my cellphone in the hostel even days after I checked out. Woo! I'm glad I met these people! Thank you!!

• 8th Nov 2015
  • ShigemiMur
  • Philippines

Very simple and basic, having only the bare minimum, but great price for what you get. If you just want a really basic and cheap place, this is where you should go.

• 8th Nov 2015

Água gelada!!

The bathrooms were horrible. The shower and the toilet is in the same place. Cha la lagarto Ipanema is way better!

• 29th Oct 2015

It was a pleasant stay but you have to have an back up for water shortage. Other than this it was great Obrigado

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Sudan
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The personnel was the best. They offered very good tours and very good advice about additional places of interest.

Great free breakfast - they serve even fruits, brownies, cheese and ham Nice location and quite a party place :)

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels