Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The wifi wasn't too good, breakfast was good, staff excellent. 2 blocks from the beach of copacabana, near restaurants. Really enjoyed my stay at this place, I was in the Ipanema hostel and move to this one because i liked more the athmosphere at this one!

Hostel messed up our booking, we had to wait in the foyer for more than an hour to find out booking was there, but not identified. Place and rooms are really cramp and lack space. Pros :decent breakfast, well located, there organized tours and other events. Did not have a good experience.

Me and my friends liked a lot of the hostel. The staff is great! For those who want to know Rio, it's a great option. I'll definitely come back for more after woldcup.

Amazing breakfast, clean place, nice staff. Tiny 4-person room I stayed in and small lockers under the bed.

Good breakfast, near to Copacabana beach and it was easy to get to other tourist attractions on the bus. Wifi wasn't very good

Awful wifi! the staff knew and didn't care. They had a lot of water problems in the toilets and showers. One day we woke up and all our room was floted. Just 3 computers for a MASSIVE amount of people, especially bad when the wifi isn't working. good breakfast, good location. Lobby too loud for my opinion, music too loud all day long. it could be much better just you won't expect so many problems when you pay 80 USD per night durring the carnaval time.

I had a fantastic stay at the Che Lagarto Hostel! The staff were so friendly and fun and made me feel very welcome! Traveling alone can be a daunting experience at times, but staying at the Che Lagarto was one of the best decisions I made when I was staying in Rio! Thank you for a wonderful time :)

• 5th Mar 2014

the hostel is very close to the beach, metro station, buses stops, shops and restaurants. staff is really attentive and they did everything they could to help us solve a minor problem we had. bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and the beds are comfy. as a bad point I would say it's not the best spot of Copacabana but I would definitely stay there again.

Had a great time here during Carnival. The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned often. The breakfast was reli good!! Fruit, cake, cereals, juice, tea and coffee, also bread with ham and cheese. It was only a few blocks from the beach which was awesome. They had organised tours from the hostel which were great!! Overall great hostel with a nice envirnoment and onyl downside the wifi sucked

Good location three blocks from the beach and metro. But: the 'bar' is a fridge of drinks at reception, the 'kitchen' is locked at 10pm and only fits about 3 people, and the 'pool' is tiny. The staff are incompetent (one told me I had to pay the full price because 'that 10% is a hostelworld thing,' and another told me hostelworld credits back that deposit)... and they have an exchange rate of 2.6 reals/$ instead of 2.4 and only accept cash, so you pay more than what the hostelworld price shows.

The location is very good, 3-block away from the Copacabana beach! I booked a 6-bed mixed dorm, was giving a bed in a 8-bed dorm - happy with that though as the room is good size & has a small balcony and it wasn't crowded at all! Only it's quite noisy as we're facing the main road - glad I'd brought ear plugs after reading the others' reviews!! Security guards are very strict, you're not allowed to bring a friend to the roof terrace for chats. Apart from that no complaints from me.

The air conditioning wasn't working in my room. Very hot to sleep.

• 25th Jan 2014