Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great hostel, attentive staff, and they're very helpful. Very small corridors and stairs, and too many people; avoid if you need space to breathe, but a great hub to explore Rio from.

8 bed dorm had one power multi outlet power outlet next to one bunk bed, so nothing for the other 3 bunks, not very good nowadays with everyone needing power for phones/laptops ...etc. Very high top bunks had no guard rails at all, very dangerous.

Hostel provides you with only a single sheet and the beds are too small to fit on for someone my size. Could not even rent a towel from them. Toilet is literally in the shower, which is a bit odd as well. Recommendations from the staff felt more like they were making money on something than helping you out. On the plus side, the location is good and the hostel feels safe. Lockers are also very large and could fit everything I was traveling with.

• 11th Jul 2014

The wifi wasn't too good, breakfast was good, staff excellent. 2 blocks from the beach of copacabana, near restaurants. Really enjoyed my stay at this place, I was in the Ipanema hostel and move to this one because i liked more the athmosphere at this one!

Hostel messed up our booking, we had to wait in the foyer for more than an hour to find out booking was there, but not identified. Place and rooms are really cramp and lack space. Pros :decent breakfast, well located, there organized tours and other events. Did not have a good experience.

Me and my friends liked a lot of the hostel. The staff is great! For those who want to know Rio, it's a great option. I'll definitely come back for more after woldcup.

great location in copacabana and helpful staff that could tell you how to get where you wanted to go! only stayed a couple nights, but would definitely return here if i get a chance.

Amazing breakfast, clean place, nice staff. Tiny 4-person room I stayed in and small lockers under the bed.

Good breakfast, near to Copacabana beach and it was easy to get to other tourist attractions on the bus. Wifi wasn't very good

Awful wifi! the staff knew and didn't care. They had a lot of water problems in the toilets and showers. One day we woke up and all our room was floted. Just 3 computers for a MASSIVE amount of people, especially bad when the wifi isn't working. good breakfast, good location. Lobby too loud for my opinion, music too loud all day long. it could be much better just you won't expect so many problems when you pay 80 USD per night durring the carnaval time.

I had a fantastic stay at the Che Lagarto Hostel! The staff were so friendly and fun and made me feel very welcome! Traveling alone can be a daunting experience at times, but staying at the Che Lagarto was one of the best decisions I made when I was staying in Rio! Thank you for a wonderful time :)

• 5th Mar 2014

the hostel is very close to the beach, metro station, buses stops, shops and restaurants. staff is really attentive and they did everything they could to help us solve a minor problem we had. bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and the beds are comfy. as a bad point I would say it's not the best spot of Copacabana but I would definitely stay there again.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels