Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I enjoyed the hostel set up and the friendliness of the staff. I wish there had been more information on the tours and other events (actual details). I would definitively go back again.

• 16th Jun 2015

Che Lagarto is famous for its friendly staff and parties, but the parties they were offering were expensive, 80 reals for something you could get for 40 or less makes no sense. Our flight was at 9 am and not even asking the previous night, they gave us breakfast 20 minutes before the opening time. The breakfast was ready when we were leaving and they didn't let us eat, either gave us a piece of bread to take away.

Showers were always cold on every floor. Staff were friendly but only advised places they were getting commission on, which weren't great.

Good hostel just a 5 minute walk from copacabana hostel & great breakfast

The stairs are too narrow and small

Great atmosphere and good place to meet new peaople

Enjoyed this hostel, the staff was super helpful and fun, and even come out with you sometimes! The only thing I will say is that there was a majority of Brazilians staying at the hostel, so not ideal to meet travelers from all over the world, since many of them we came across were locals who already spoke Portuguese. But even so, everyone was still really great and friendly. Highly recommend Favela tour-eye opening experience. Great location, two blocks from Copacobana beach!

• 1st May 2015

Staff were fab and friendly.

• 1st May 2015

We went on a city tour that we booked directly with the Hostel ... It was the worst "tour" I had ever been on , he just dropped us off and said " you have 10 ,20,or 30 minutes for pictures " . The hostel was great itself but money and time wasted booking a tour through them .

The top bunks are too high and the bathrooms were not kept clean and very small and hard to get into. alos noise in the am went straight down the stairs into my room, possibly another door at the stairway to reduce the noise.

• 25th Apr 2015

I really had a great time there, the staff was very helpful and nice to us, the atmosphere in the hostel feels awesome, I'm definitely staying there or at any other Che lagarto whenever I go to rio or another location where they have a branch.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Lacks personal touch, especially the parties they promote. No towel rental. But only a couple of blocks from the beach and big lockers under the bed were great!

I really enjoyed my stay at Che lagarto, the staff are so friendly and helpful, the breakie was nice, the rooms are simple and clean. Although there is a bar it's very quiet at night. Good location, close to the beach and super easy to catch buses to all the main attractions. Only downs are the toilet/showers are old and in need of redoing but no worries and there's no laundry facilities.

This hostel has a good location in Copacabana and is clean. The wifi can be hit or miss, and the hostel is quite popular with other South Americans, so if you don't speak Spanish the atmosphere might miss something.

Big hostel franchise with no caracter feels a little bit like the McDonalds of hostels. They cramped way too many people into the small rooms.the kitchen has the size of a 2 Bed apartment, not even a filtered water tab for guests. The rooms have one electricity plug for 12 people. The staff is not authorized to handle any complains as managers are rarely there. Internet very bad. One positive is the location, then also depending on which room you are staying it can be noisy. Enjoy your stay :)

• 2nd Mar 2015

Where to start, I was in Rio De Janeiro twice during my trip in South America and stayed here both times. absolutely loved it. amazing atmosphere, staff were fantastic and the location was perfect for beaches nightlife and sightseeing. I would highly recommend Che lagarto to anyone travelling in s.a. great nights out organised by staff and made some amazing friends here. excellent place for people travelling alone and great value.

it is fantastic location you can detect right away

A fun hostel very close to the beach. Fun atmosphere and friendly staff. Definitely a party hostel but not over the top. Good free breakfast. WiFi is hit or miss.

No WIFI. Average staff. Great location

Easy to get to from central bus station and Copacabana beach is 5mins away.Room was in the basement,no window and tiny.Beds are good.Showers and toilets on separate floors.Breakfast is served at reception area and quality is not very good.Staff party with guests.Lower value for money than expected.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels