Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Staff were so helpful, the bathroom cleanliness was the only place of improvement from my opinion

• 8th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Location is really great, it's close to the beach, transportation, places to eat. The staff is really nice and fun. The only problems we had was a shortage of water and the hastel was not prepared to deal with it, we did even have water to wash our hands, go to the restroom or take a bath in a city that is 30 degrees that was pretty bad. The other problem is that the air conditioner only goes on at a certain time, once again in a city that is 30 degrees or more that is really not good.

I stayed there couple of time while I was traveling around there. Last day I've got sore throat I just wanted tea bags for be warm body I asked about it girl staff of reception. She said we don't have tea bags anyway... I thought they got it for breakfast.. Was midnight n shops are closed that's why I can't buy them. Any backpackers are usually stock and prepair for drink tea or coffee. But not here Should bring them just in case. Thanks

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Japan

All in all, good value for money. Very friendly staff, great location close to the metro station and Copacabana beach. What bothered me a bit is that the place is very crowded and loud (there was an open bar with loud music right next to my room on a Saturday night). Whereas other hostels adopt a 'quiet after 10pm' policy, this one clearly does not, so don't go there if you want to rest.

Excellent hostel! Very recommended! The cleaning and the staff are very good!

• 9th Sep 2014

Good place to stay, however more sockets are needed. Hard to charge my phone. Staff are very helpful and knowledgable about the local area.

Great hostel, attentive staff, and they're very helpful. Very small corridors and stairs, and too many people; avoid if you need space to breathe, but a great hub to explore Rio from.

8 bed dorm had one power multi outlet power outlet next to one bunk bed, so nothing for the other 3 bunks, not very good nowadays with everyone needing power for phones/laptops ...etc. Very high top bunks had no guard rails at all, very dangerous.

Hostel provides you with only a single sheet and the beds are too small to fit on for someone my size. Could not even rent a towel from them. Toilet is literally in the shower, which is a bit odd as well. Recommendations from the staff felt more like they were making money on something than helping you out. On the plus side, the location is good and the hostel feels safe. Lockers are also very large and could fit everything I was traveling with.

• 11th Jul 2014

The wifi wasn't too good, breakfast was good, staff excellent. 2 blocks from the beach of copacabana, near restaurants. Really enjoyed my stay at this place, I was in the Ipanema hostel and move to this one because i liked more the athmosphere at this one!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels