Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

When it's 40 degrees all summer leave the air-conditioning on all day!!! Not from 10pm til 10am it's ridiculous.

• 28th Dec 2013

Bed broke - told to sleep on couch in reception. Clothing stolen from bag. Not clean. Not good atmosphere. Would not stay here again.

The place was clean, the beds are comfy, the atmosphere is was lively and friendly, but even better: the staff was super nice and friendly. I used to work in a hostel, so trust me, I know. And these guys, were so great!

small kitchen, rooms without windows, very noisy air conditioning and ventilation system, lookers under the beds really really noisy (so you are waking up every time someone open a looker), very annoying low quality speaker at the reception playing music out loud all day long, swimming pool is a ridiculous small and empty, very tiny bathrooms and showers.

A perfect service of the staff and an excellent atmosphere!!

I was in a room with no windows and the air conditioning worked a short time. Stolen me shorts one day at afternoon. However the place to make barbecue is good and the guys who works at hostel are nice.

• 7th Nov 2013

I emailed a couple of time for an airport transfer from the airport to the hostel and no one replied. I then had to ring using a hotel phone. Apart from the very good.

• 3rd Nov 2013

The location is Ok but something REALLY uncomfortable happened. I had already checked-in and went to the beach and everything was ok. When I arrived in my room there were some people in mine and my girlfriend's bed and all our stuff had disapeared. When we went to complain in the reception, our stuff was there, my clothes were in a trash bag and one of my girlfriend bag was locked in the locker that was ours and now was someone's. RIDICULOUS!!! That doesn't exists! Don't stay in this hostel.

When I checked in here my first thought was that I was checking in to a hospital, were the rooms, beds, sheets, and seemingly everything was white. They give you the sheets when you check in, which I suppose it a good cleanliness measure. There was wifi in the main reception area, also with loud music. Good outdoor bar facing onto a street only a block or two from Copacabana beach.

friendly staff, good location, good price

• 28th Oct 2013
  • Chile

Typical chain hotel-like place - noisy, crowded (tourist groups) and disorganized. We only needed to crash somewhere for one night before our flight back home so it was OK, but otherwise - not my favourite. They tried to overcharge me 30reais by telling sth about that 10% deposit doesn't count, Hostelworld will give it back and exchange rates went up. Don't pay more than what it says on your reservation - should be in both currencies. 60reais for a car to the airport booked through them was OK.

I just had some problems with my reservation. When I arrived on thursday, by 1AM, they hadn't known about my booking and there were only a guard security (which was really kindness by the way) that can't had access to the system.. althouhgt he could found us a bed to sleep that night. On the other day, the situation was fixed by the staff and all went really well. The staff are so friendly and enthusiastic, also the guests and the atmosphere at the hostel is really awesome. I recommend!

• 17th Oct 2013
  • ra7o

I liked this place, right in front of the busstop and very close to Copacabana beach. The staff is very nice, and i would stay here again. So nice that the staff organises dinners and parties... and they actually join in :)

good clean hostel with very helpful staff in a great location near the besch

They lost our reservation even though we had spoken on the phone to double-check. They didn't do anything to help or to take responsability.

Ideal location, clean and safe place, charmingly clueless but English speaking staff - fab way to explore Rio´s Copacabana.

The sockets in the room are not that convenient for everybody to use.

The hostel is too noisy, not only because of the cars, the music on the lobby is very high and the staff usually turns it louder. The staff is kind but they don' t always put attention to your requirements. The bathrooms are a disaster. The beds are old and they are not very comfortable.

Staff was not very helpful, they couldn't even recommend a restaurant to eat out or a museum to go.

Huge hostel, really busy, good for people who want to explore a lot and party. Not so good to chill out. Nice and helpful staff though. Good breakfast too !

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels