Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It's an excellent hostel, very clean and organized, the staff is really helpfull. Defintely I´ll recommend it

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Great location for NYE - just a few blocks from Copacobana. The rooftop bar, when open, is good fun and the staff are really helpful. Rio is epic

A nice hostel with good facilities, a few blocks from the beach. It's a chain hostel, so the atmosphere is more impersonal than smaller hostels.

Muy lindo el hostel! El desayuno bien rico! Valió la pena pagarlo

My time here was good. Che Largato is a nice place, as always. Tha locations is awesome. Everything is close enough. Staff were excellent all the time.

Very nice staff, I think it will be grate to have more common spaces. The rooms are grate.

Very packed hostel and I was treated badly by the security who was drinking all night but also in charge. Which I thought was very weird. I was making an important call home to my wife from their telephone with a calling card which I was told was fine earlier in the day. He hung up the phone on me in the middle of the conversation then proceeded to speak in portuguese saying gringo this gringo that to other staff which all were laughing. This made me feel really uncomfortable and unwelcome.

This place was a nice hostel,clean,secure,breakfast. The only criticism I have is maybe a PowerPoint at each bed would be optimum, Room 002 has a window above the door and the sound seems to travel strait in room. Other than that awesome staff speak English and this has a nice social environment. Cheers Jai

Staff were so helpful, the bathroom cleanliness was the only place of improvement from my opinion

• 8th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Location is really great, it's close to the beach, transportation, places to eat. The staff is really nice and fun. The only problems we had was a shortage of water and the hastel was not prepared to deal with it, we did even have water to wash our hands, go to the restroom or take a bath in a city that is 30 degrees that was pretty bad. The other problem is that the air conditioner only goes on at a certain time, once again in a city that is 30 degrees or more that is really not good.

I stayed there couple of time while I was traveling around there. Last day I've got sore throat I just wanted tea bags for be warm body I asked about it girl staff of reception. She said we don't have tea bags anyway... I thought they got it for breakfast.. Was midnight n shops are closed that's why I can't buy them. Any backpackers are usually stock and prepair for drink tea or coffee. But not here Should bring them just in case. Thanks

All in all, good value for money. Very friendly staff, great location close to the metro station and Copacabana beach. What bothered me a bit is that the place is very crowded and loud (there was an open bar with loud music right next to my room on a Saturday night). Whereas other hostels adopt a 'quiet after 10pm' policy, this one clearly does not, so don't go there if you want to rest.

Excellent hostel! Very recommended! The cleaning and the staff are very good!

Nice place, good breakfast

Good place to stay, however more sockets are needed. Hard to charge my phone. Staff are very helpful and knowledgable about the local area.

Great hostel, attentive staff, and they're very helpful. Very small corridors and stairs, and too many people; avoid if you need space to breathe, but a great hub to explore Rio from.

8 bed dorm had one power multi outlet power outlet next to one bunk bed, so nothing for the other 3 bunks, not very good nowadays with everyone needing power for phones/laptops ...etc. Very high top bunks had no guard rails at all, very dangerous.

Hostel provides you with only a single sheet and the beds are too small to fit on for someone my size. Could not even rent a towel from them. Toilet is literally in the shower, which is a bit odd as well. Recommendations from the staff felt more like they were making money on something than helping you out. On the plus side, the location is good and the hostel feels safe. Lockers are also very large and could fit everything I was traveling with.

• 11th Jul 2014

The wifi wasn't too good, breakfast was good, staff excellent. 2 blocks from the beach of copacabana, near restaurants. Really enjoyed my stay at this place, I was in the Ipanema hostel and move to this one because i liked more the athmosphere at this one!

Hostel messed up our booking, we had to wait in the foyer for more than an hour to find out booking was there, but not identified. Place and rooms are really cramp and lack space. Pros :decent breakfast, well located, there organized tours and other events. Did not have a good experience.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels