Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It's an excellent hostel, very clean and organized, the staff is really helpfull. Defintely I´ll recommend it

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Great location for NYE - just a few blocks from Copacobana. The rooftop bar, when open, is good fun and the staff are really helpful. Rio is epic

A nice hostel with good facilities, a few blocks from the beach. It's a chain hostel, so the atmosphere is more impersonal than smaller hostels.

Muy lindo el hostel! El desayuno bien rico! Valió la pena pagarlo

My time here was good. Che Largato is a nice place, as always. Tha locations is awesome. Everything is close enough. Staff were excellent all the time.

Very nice staff, I think it will be grate to have more common spaces. The rooms are grate.

Localización excelente, buen servicio y personal amable. Faltaría un poco de limpieza y espacio en los baños.

Very packed hostel and I was treated badly by the security who was drinking all night but also in charge. Which I thought was very weird. I was making an important call home to my wife from their telephone with a calling card which I was told was fine earlier in the day. He hung up the phone on me in the middle of the conversation then proceeded to speak in portuguese saying gringo this gringo that to other staff which all were laughing. This made me feel really uncomfortable and unwelcome.

Really nice place! everything was great except that the room was too small for 6 people. :)

Adorei o hostel, principalmente a localização. Só não gostei muito da disposição do quarto, das tomadas e luzes no quarto, mas fora isso é um hostel muito bom e os funcionários são excelentes, muito animados e sempre dispostos a ajudar.

This place was a nice hostel,clean,secure,breakfast. The only criticism I have is maybe a PowerPoint at each bed would be optimum, Room 002 has a window above the door and the sound seems to travel strait in room. Other than that awesome staff speak English and this has a nice social environment. Cheers Jai

Muito boa a localização, o custo benefício, funcionários super atenciosos. Valeu super a pena, recomendo.

• 12th Dec 2014

Staff were so helpful, the bathroom cleanliness was the only place of improvement from my opinion

• 8th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

Adorei minha estadia neste Hostel, tirando um segurança folgado e chato, o resto foi perfeito!

• 20th Nov 2014

O hostel tem uma localização super privilegiada, perto da praia! O staff é ótimo, super animados, educados e bem instruídos. Em relação a infra é um pouco precária, o que na minha opinião foi o maior absurdo é o ar condicionado tem um timer e ficar o dia inteiro desligado, estamos falando de uma cidade praiana que tem a media de 30°C por dia, ou seja, os lugares ficam extremamente quente, as pessoas voltam da praia e não podem ligar o ar condicionado e o quarto fica um super calor.

Location is really great, it's close to the beach, transportation, places to eat. The staff is really nice and fun. The only problems we had was a shortage of water and the hastel was not prepared to deal with it, we did even have water to wash our hands, go to the restroom or take a bath in a city that is 30 degrees that was pretty bad. The other problem is that the air conditioner only goes on at a certain time, once again in a city that is 30 degrees or more that is really not good.

Buen hostel por el precio. Muy bien ubicado. Se puede mejorar el tema de la limpieza y algunos detalles como no disponibilidad de fundas de almohadas en algún momento o algunas bañeras cerradas por mantenimiento. Personal muy atento y muy buen ambiente en el lobby. El precio es muy accesible por lo que tampoco se puede exigir la calidad de un hotel 5 estrellas.

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Venezuela

I stayed there couple of time while I was traveling around there. Last day I've got sore throat I just wanted tea bags for be warm body I asked about it girl staff of reception. She said we don't have tea bags anyway... I thought they got it for breakfast.. Was midnight n shops are closed that's why I can't buy them. Any backpackers are usually stock and prepair for drink tea or coffee. But not here Should bring them just in case. Thanks

O hostel está de parabéns...porém tem alguns brasileiros que não entendem o conceito de Hostel...isso prejudica um pouco a convivência no quarto. Tirando isso tudo muito bom!

Das Personal war sehr hilfsbereit und freundlich.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels