Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

My first hostel I stayed at in Rio. I'm comparing this hostel to another hostel in I stayed at in Rio. It didn't have the backpacker vibe I was looking for. The reception was so busy all the time. They didn't have a good common area to relax in. The rooms were ok, but not worth the money i spent.

Muy buen lugar. Una critica es que no tiene un patio que permita reunirse y conversar. La terraza la cierran a las 22 hs.

La única pega es q fuimos 5 reservando una habitación de 5, y nos pusieron en 3 habitaciones diferentes , por lo demás el hostel es recomendable

A recepção é 24h, um ponto positivo, mas quando cheguei o atendente não foi tão receptivo, fiquei um pouco perdido eles nem me apresentaram o quarto, apenas me deu o kit de lençóis e acenou o caminho. É algo pequeno, mas faz diferença falar um pouco da estrutura do hostel. Descobri que havia um terraço super legal para fumar no ultimo dia, porque meu quarto (nº2) era um pouco isolado. Também nao há guarda volume apos check-out eles permitem guardar atras do balcão da recepção.

Great hostel. Bad breakfast though

• 4th Jan 2015

The nicest staff I have come across at ANY hostel in ANY country... and I've been backpacking for 6 years now! Awesome crew. Very clean hostel, hot showers, good wifi, INCREDIBLE breakfasts! I had a hard time meeting people though... it's not really the place for solo travellers. Mostly Argentinians in big groups.

I went in new year eves so the price for the night increase a lot, so I could suppose the quality for cleanliness , but my assumption was incorrect.

Good place, definetly a party hostel! Loud and crowded. Good breakfast. Marcela is really nice!

great location just of the beach, nice hostel, good aircon and sociable so can meet lots of people. Great rooftop terrace bar. Good place to stay if you want a base in Copacabana

It's an excellent hostel, very clean and organized, the staff is really helpfull. Defintely I´ll recommend it

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Great location for NYE - just a few blocks from Copacobana. The rooftop bar, when open, is good fun and the staff are really helpful. Rio is epic

A nice hostel with good facilities, a few blocks from the beach. It's a chain hostel, so the atmosphere is more impersonal than smaller hostels.

Muy lindo el hostel! El desayuno bien rico! Valió la pena pagarlo

My time here was good. Che Largato is a nice place, as always. Tha locations is awesome. Everything is close enough. Staff were excellent all the time.

Very nice staff, I think it will be grate to have more common spaces. The rooms are grate.

Localización excelente, buen servicio y personal amable. Faltaría un poco de limpieza y espacio en los baños.

Very packed hostel and I was treated badly by the security who was drinking all night but also in charge. Which I thought was very weird. I was making an important call home to my wife from their telephone with a calling card which I was told was fine earlier in the day. He hung up the phone on me in the middle of the conversation then proceeded to speak in portuguese saying gringo this gringo that to other staff which all were laughing. This made me feel really uncomfortable and unwelcome.

Really nice place! everything was great except that the room was too small for 6 people. :)

Adorei o hostel, principalmente a localização. Só não gostei muito da disposição do quarto, das tomadas e luzes no quarto, mas fora isso é um hostel muito bom e os funcionários são excelentes, muito animados e sempre dispostos a ajudar.

This place was a nice hostel,clean,secure,breakfast. The only criticism I have is maybe a PowerPoint at each bed would be optimum, Room 002 has a window above the door and the sound seems to travel strait in room. Other than that awesome staff speak English and this has a nice social environment. Cheers Jai

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels