Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Easy to get to from central bus station and Copacabana beach is 5mins away.Room was in the basement,no window and tiny.Beds are good.Showers and toilets on separate floors.Breakfast is served at reception area and quality is not very good.Staff party with guests.Lower value for money than expected.

I had the most amazing time at Che Lagarto during Rio carnivale. The staff are very friendly and the atmosphere was great!

It was a good location but the air con isn't great in the rooms and non-existent everywhere else (the bathroom is boiling) and not all that clean. The staff are helpful and friendly.

Definitely a very pleasant hostel to stay in. The staff was great and helpful and the atmosphere was fantastic. I would definitely return to this hostel or to Che Lagarto at a different locale. Thanks to everybody there!

• 7th Feb 2015

So close to Copacabana beach and also ipanema. Cool atmosphere and great to have a few drinks before going out at night. City tour booked at the hostel was good, worth doing! Would stay here again! The dorms and showers were clean. Staff helpful and friendly!

My first hostel I stayed at in Rio. I'm comparing this hostel to another hostel in I stayed at in Rio. It didn't have the backpacker vibe I was looking for. The reception was so busy all the time. They didn't have a good common area to relax in. The rooms were ok, but not worth the money i spent.

Great hostel. Bad breakfast though

• 4th Jan 2015

The nicest staff I have come across at ANY hostel in ANY country... and I've been backpacking for 6 years now! Awesome crew. Very clean hostel, hot showers, good wifi, INCREDIBLE breakfasts! I had a hard time meeting people though... it's not really the place for solo travellers. Mostly Argentinians in big groups.

I went in new year eves so the price for the night increase a lot, so I could suppose the quality for cleanliness , but my assumption was incorrect.

Good place, definetly a party hostel! Loud and crowded. Good breakfast. Marcela is really nice!

great location just of the beach, nice hostel, good aircon and sociable so can meet lots of people. Great rooftop terrace bar. Good place to stay if you want a base in Copacabana

It's an excellent hostel, very clean and organized, the staff is really helpfull. Defintely I´ll recommend it

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Great location for NYE - just a few blocks from Copacobana. The rooftop bar, when open, is good fun and the staff are really helpful. Rio is epic

A nice hostel with good facilities, a few blocks from the beach. It's a chain hostel, so the atmosphere is more impersonal than smaller hostels.

Muy lindo el hostel! El desayuno bien rico! Valió la pena pagarlo

My time here was good. Che Largato is a nice place, as always. Tha locations is awesome. Everything is close enough. Staff were excellent all the time.

Very nice staff, I think it will be grate to have more common spaces. The rooms are grate.

Very packed hostel and I was treated badly by the security who was drinking all night but also in charge. Which I thought was very weird. I was making an important call home to my wife from their telephone with a calling card which I was told was fine earlier in the day. He hung up the phone on me in the middle of the conversation then proceeded to speak in portuguese saying gringo this gringo that to other staff which all were laughing. This made me feel really uncomfortable and unwelcome.

This place was a nice hostel,clean,secure,breakfast. The only criticism I have is maybe a PowerPoint at each bed would be optimum, Room 002 has a window above the door and the sound seems to travel strait in room. Other than that awesome staff speak English and this has a nice social environment. Cheers Jai

Staff were so helpful, the bathroom cleanliness was the only place of improvement from my opinion

• 8th Dec 2014