Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Muy buena estadía, un grato ambiente y sobre todo una excelente disposición de algunos miembros del staff como Maira y Jõao.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Chile

Hostel provides you with only a single sheet and the beds are too small to fit on for someone my size. Could not even rent a towel from them. Toilet is literally in the shower, which is a bit odd as well. Recommendations from the staff felt more like they were making money on something than helping you out. On the plus side, the location is good and the hostel feels safe. Lockers are also very large and could fit everything I was traveling with.

• 11th Jul 2014

Muy bien!

LO ÚNICO MALO QUE TENGO PARA CRITICAR A ESTE HOSTEL, QUE NO TE DEJAN TOMAR TUS BEBIDAS DENTRO DEL ESTABLECIMIENTO, PORQUE QUIEREN QUE LES COMPRES A SU BAR. ESTARÍA BUENO QUE AVISEN ANTES ESTA MEDIDA. SALUDOS

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

The wifi wasn't too good, breakfast was good, staff excellent. 2 blocks from the beach of copacabana, near restaurants. Really enjoyed my stay at this place, I was in the Ipanema hostel and move to this one because i liked more the athmosphere at this one!

Hostel messed up our booking, we had to wait in the foyer for more than an hour to find out booking was there, but not identified. Place and rooms are really cramp and lack space. Pros :decent breakfast, well located, there organized tours and other events. Did not have a good experience.

Me and my friends liked a lot of the hostel. The staff is great! For those who want to know Rio, it's a great option. I'll definitely come back for more after woldcup.

Tudo muito bom. Voltarei sempre que tiver oportunidade.

• 17th May 2014

En realidad solo tengo dos quejas del lugar, la primera es sobre el tamaño tan pequeño de la habitación que nos asigaron para cuatro personas, sumamente incómodo y con ventilación deficiente, la otra es que el agua caliente la desconectan, el día que regresaba tuve q bañarme a las 5am con agua fría. En general el staff fue amable y el desayuno estuvo bien

Todo excelente, lo unico malo es que no podes tomar la bebida que te compras (sea con o sin alcohol) dentro del establecimiento ya que dicen tener bar y la debes comprar ahi si o si.

El tercer año consecutivo, muchas gracias como siempre!!!!

Auberge située a 2 rues de la mer , metro a moins de 5 minutes Personnel très serviable

Amazing breakfast, clean place, nice staff. Tiny 4-person room I stayed in and small lockers under the bed.

gran lugar los empleados siempre bien predispuestos a explicarte y a organizar eventos, la ubicación es buenísima a dos cuadras del mar, a un del metro y al frente te tomas los colectivos para distintos lugares, es una muy buena opcion se los recomiendo

Good breakfast, near to Copacabana beach and it was easy to get to other tourist attractions on the bus. Wifi wasn't very good

Awful wifi! the staff knew and didn't care. They had a lot of water problems in the toilets and showers. One day we woke up and all our room was floted. Just 3 computers for a MASSIVE amount of people, especially bad when the wifi isn't working. good breakfast, good location. Lobby too loud for my opinion, music too loud all day long. it could be much better just you won't expect so many problems when you pay 80 USD per night durring the carnaval time.

el hostel como casi todos los che lagarto qvisite es muy bueno... lo minimo q necesita un viajero... limpieza en un 80%..... comodidad.. seguridad....solo como critica a este che lagarto en particular : no me permitieron abonar con tarjeta ni de credito ni de debito toda vez que la reserva la hice previamente a traves de por este medio... eso me parecio PECIMO... los banos eran lindos y limpios pero usualmente se tapaban... aunque no me perjudico demasiado. espero consideren lo de la tarjjeta

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

I had a fantastic stay at the Che Lagarto Hostel! The staff were so friendly and fun and made me feel very welcome! Traveling alone can be a daunting experience at times, but staying at the Che Lagarto was one of the best decisions I made when I was staying in Rio! Thank you for a wonderful time :)

• 5th Mar 2014

the hostel is very close to the beach, metro station, buses stops, shops and restaurants. staff is really attentive and they did everything they could to help us solve a minor problem we had. bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean and the beds are comfy. as a bad point I would say it's not the best spot of Copacabana but I would definitely stay there again.

Had a great time here during Carnival. The rooms and bathrooms were cleaned often. The breakfast was reli good!! Fruit, cake, cereals, juice, tea and coffee, also bread with ham and cheese. It was only a few blocks from the beach which was awesome. They had organised tours from the hostel which were great!! Overall great hostel with a nice envirnoment and onyl downside the wifi sucked

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels