Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana Reviews

Rua Barata Ribeiro 111 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Beds are ok. Staff is awesome. Showers are terrible. Emplacement is really good. I recommend this hostel without hesitation.

O lugar é ótimo, os funcionários todos são muito simpáticos, receptivos e prestativos! Tivemos um pequeno problema com a água do local que isso foi bastante inconveniente e o quarto que ficamos é muito apertado para 6 pessoas mas na medida do possível foi tudo tranquilo! Recomendo!

• 18th Jun 2015

I enjoyed the hostel set up and the friendliness of the staff. I wish there had been more information on the tours and other events (actual details). I would definitively go back again.

• 16th Jun 2015

Che Lagarto is famous for its friendly staff and parties, but the parties they were offering were expensive, 80 reals for something you could get for 40 or less makes no sense. Our flight was at 9 am and not even asking the previous night, they gave us breakfast 20 minutes before the opening time. The breakfast was ready when we were leaving and they didn't let us eat, either gave us a piece of bread to take away.

Definitivamente o melhor hostel em que já me hospedei. Os funcionários são todos muito atenciosos e amigáveis, e todas as atividades do hostel parecem funcionar muito bem. Com certeza voltarei outras vezes !

• 5th Jun 2015

Me senti muito bem!! Funcionário bem amigáveis!! Hostel limpo e organizado!! Muito bom... Recomendo!!

Ликвидируйте проблемы с горячей водой

Showers were always cold on every floor. Staff were friendly but only advised places they were getting commission on, which weren't great.

My main negative were the staff

Проблемы с горячей водой

Todella ystävällinen ja avulias henkilökunta!

• 18th May 2015
  • Finland

Good hostel just a 5 minute walk from copacabana hostel & great breakfast

The stairs are too narrow and small

Great atmosphere and good place to meet new peaople

Enjoyed this hostel, the staff was super helpful and fun, and even come out with you sometimes! The only thing I will say is that there was a majority of Brazilians staying at the hostel, so not ideal to meet travelers from all over the world, since many of them we came across were locals who already spoke Portuguese. But even so, everyone was still really great and friendly. Highly recommend Favela tour-eye opening experience. Great location, two blocks from Copacobana beach!

• 1st May 2015

Staff were fab and friendly.

• 1st May 2015

Hostel possui um maravilhoso staff, boa localização e bom pra conhece novos amigos! Apenas faltou lençol, Mas isso nao foi um problema!

We went on a city tour that we booked directly with the Hostel ... It was the worst "tour" I had ever been on , he just dropped us off and said " you have 10 ,20,or 30 minutes for pictures " . The hostel was great itself but money and time wasted booking a tour through them .

The top bunks are too high and the bathrooms were not kept clean and very small and hard to get into. alos noise in the am went straight down the stairs into my room, possibly another door at the stairway to reduce the noise.

• 25th Apr 2015

I really had a great time there, the staff was very helpful and nice to us, the atmosphere in the hostel feels awesome, I'm definitely staying there or at any other Che lagarto whenever I go to rio or another location where they have a branch.

• 23rd Apr 2015