Che Lagarto Hostel Foz do Iguaçu Reviews

Avenida Juscelino Kubitschek, 874 Centro, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

staff was super motivated, for me too much and too fake friendly. i would not call it hostel, it's more a hotel. if you are travelling alone you won't find friends there, if you are travelling with friends it's nice to have a hotel for the price of a hostel.

The rooms was really nice, almost like a hotel, and cheap though, but the other facilities was just average. The staff was not good at english at all, and they were no helpful when we asked how to get around town. They even ate our pizza from the fridge! The kitchen and dinning room was large and nice, and foz is definetly worth a visit.

Really great, clean hostel that feels more like a hotel than a hostel. Pros: breakfast with eggs, cereal, yoghurt etc; really close to urban bus terminal to visit falls, very helpful staff. We really enjoyed our stay!

• 16th Jan 2015

More of a hotel than a hostel. The reception staff were extremely friendly-especially Veronica The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very good and the kitchen was well equipped. The wifi was strong in the rooms and common areas. Free Caipirinha in the bar,along with some terrible music which didn't suit the atmosphere of the hostel. Some advice don't use the tours provided by the hostel they are extremely expensive and you can use public transport for much less.

Beautiful hostel with an amazing breakfast. The staff were super friendly and gave a great vibe. I wish we stayed longer than one night. I would highly recommend it as it was clean, friendly, with gorgeous facilities.

Fun environment! Great staff, especially Gustavo! He took my group to several nice restaurants around the hostel for dinner. The hostel is conveniently located near the bus terminal and the free caipirinha happy hour is a fantastic way to meet fellow travelers! Highly recommend.

• 14th Jan 2015

I generally prefer small hostels, especially when I'm traveling on my own because it makes it so much easier to meet people. But with the free caipirinhas on the rooftop every evening it's actually easy to meet others even though the hostel is big. Friendly and helpful staff, clean and good facilities.

Can't think of a single way to fault this hostel! The breakfast buffet was amazing!

Hostel is in a good location. It's more like a hotel than a hostel which is great. The 4 bed female dorm is 4 single beds in a row but a decent sized room with air con and really clean. Rooftop pool is cool. Staff were really friendly. Some did lack some English when helping with how to get to the falls but we got there eventually.

Great stay, felt like a hotel rather than the hostels we have been staying on this trip. But it was a very very nice break from the norm.

I only stayed one night in the hostel but I really felt like home. The staff is nice, cool and extremely helpful. Gustav, Veronica and Suellen really made me feel sad to leave the place. Also, how many hostels do you know with a jacuzzi in the rooftop? Extremely new, clean and well equipped it is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Amazing hostel! The staff was exceptionally professional and at the same time very friendly.

Nice old hotel. Rooftop pool and spa deck is nice and great for a capirinha at sunset. Nil complaints!

A 3star hotel turned into a hostel, very clean, great breakfast, plenty of Brasilian family tourists. Close to main bus station to/from airport and falls. Definitely recommended. Warning: staff are helpful, but try to leave beds for Hostelworld only, so if you ask them about vailability at reception they will say no, even though plenty of beds on hostelworld.

Excellent value for money, it was more like a hotel than a hostel. Highly recommend

• 1st Jan 2015

Only stayed 1 night so didn't experience much, arrived late, they were kind enough to give us a free Caprinha despite missing happy hr! More like a hotel than a hostel, v clean & brilliant breakfast selection. Not got a hostel vibe where it's easy to meet people in a communal area. Didn't see the kitchen. Good location for buses to Iguazu Falls & airport. Problem with computer system meaning mix up with beds & check in etc was annoying, although staff were keen to rectify it in friendly manor

I was very pleased and sorry that I stayed there for only 1 night. Facilities were good although the pool could have been a little bit more cleaner. I wish there were also more night activties maybe any beer pong tournaments and such. Buffet breakfast really good. My reco: stay here.

Such a nice new hostel. The room was super clean and comfortable. The bathroom was really nice. The hostel was more like a hotel but so cheap. The hostel put on free welcome drinks which was a nice way of getting people together. The pool is tiny but there's a nice spa and it's open 24 hours I think which is great.

Is this a hostel?? Everything is more like a 4 star (european standard) hotel. Perfect for all types of travellers. Nathalie (manager) was very helpfull when there was problems with arranging flight from Iguassu (also in relation to calling a taxi). Thanks :) The regular staff is also very pleasant and outgoing. Free drinks, great (perfect) breakfast, clean rooms etc. etc. etc. We were there on Christmas night and maybe it could have been nice with some arranged food in the hotel (on request) :)

Great hostel/hotel. Shower overflowed but when I reported it to reception the issue was resolved immediately. Very good breakfast!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4