Che Lagarto Hostel Foz do Iguaçu Reviews

Avenida Juscelino Kubitschek, 874 Centro, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Great hostel! The price was right and a great value, as it was incredibly clean and with comfortable beds for USD$9-12 per night. The location is ideal, since it is right on the bus line for going to the falls and in the city center, so you are close to nightlife as well. Welcoming and helpful staff regarding directions and calling a taxi at 3 in the morning for us.

• 24th Apr 2015

This hostel is more like a hotel. I didn't expect it to be this good, since I've been to another Che lagarto, which was no way near this. My room had a big nice bathroom and no bunk beds! The breakfast is the best I've had at a hostel so far. And it's cheap as well.

Mix between hotel and hostel. This place has a nice terrace with a tiny swimming pool and a jacuzzi. The buffet breakfast is very nice. The staff is great !!! The bedroom (dorm) was big, spacious, very clean, great bathroom! Big kitchen to cook! 2 blocks from the bus station to go to the falls. I'll definitely recommend this place to spend a night in Foz Iguazu.

One of the best hostels ive been to! I totally recommend it! It is a hostel that has rooms and breakfast of hotel and a hostel environment.

I got there at 7:30am on day of check-in just hoping to drop my bag. Staff insisted I also come upstairs and have breakfast (essentially an extra free breakfast). Much appreciated after a long bus ride! Clean, awesome staff, great wi fi. I only stayed 1 night but happy hour seemed to give a great atmosphere in the evening.

We had a private room which was like a hotel room - very clean and the most comfortable beds! The breakfast is amazing one of the best breakfasts we have had in South America. The hostel is very big and they don't give you wristbands. Therefore anyone can just walk in and out. The wifi was one of the worst connections in South America - I think they must have one router for the whole place!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at, hands down. If you are going to Iguazu, stay in this hostel as long as you possibly can. Book way in advance to make sure they have room, it is massive but it does fill up. Basically, it's like a really nice hotel, except they have $9/night dorms. Brand new, super clean, comfortable beds, A/C, fresh towels, amazing bathrooms and showers, great breakfast. Rooftop with a pool and hot tub, free drink hour every night, very social, met great people. Wow

Good hostel, bit more like a hotel. Clean, safe, good lockers. Free Caprinhas between 7 and 8. Great breakfast.

Our first che legarto experience was great as they upgraded us to a private room from a dorm. The breakfast and kitchen facilities are awesome, and the free caipirinha is a plus. The only down side is that they cut off our wifi access as soon as we checked out which made making our next move a little difficult

Excellent option to stay in Foz Iguazu. Hostel is very clean, han an excellent location (close to the bus terminal) and the staff always aware of the hotel guests. The "caipirihna hour" is a great idea, specially for those travelers that are by themselves.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Venezuela

Great one. Great staff and very clean.

I really liked it!!! Very well located, next to the central bus station, many restaurants. Staff are great! Travel agency inside the hostel for tours or transfer. Very clean, with great beds and Excelent Breakfast with fruits and eggs!!!! Only problem was the internet, it is not so good, it was failing many times during my 6 days there!!!

This is one of the best hostels we stayed in!

great hostel, awesome breakfast, modern, clean and well equipped

We stayed here for 3 nights and we could not fault the place. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a private room which was amazing! It was like a new hotel room with a huge room and shower. The staff were more than helpful and friendly. They all spoke fantastic English and were all very knowledgable on things to do on our stay. The brekkie was the best we've had anywhere in South America. Very clean, great atmosphere

This hostel is relatively new and is more akin to the budget hotels that you would find in some countries i.e. Ibis, Travelodge, Holiday Inn. Every part of the hostel was clean from our private en suite double room, the communal areas and the kitchen. The staff are terminally happy and always willing to help, no matter what the request or time of day. :-) Also, it's in a great location for visiting the Iguazu Falls, what with the bus stop being located just across the road!

The swimming pool was wxtremely small :P

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This place was AWESOME!

One word: AMAZING!!!

More hotel than hostel, staff is annoyingly over-friendly, rooms are nice and very clean, breakfast is great, hostel is equipped with everything you need, it's not too far away from the bus terminal where you can take busses to the waterfalls. Good place to stay on the brazilian side, but no place to feel at home and meet a lot of people but would stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7