Che Lagarto Hostel Foz do Iguaçu Reviews

Avenida Juscelino Kubitschek, 874 Centro, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Amazing hostel! Best I have ever stayed in. The staff were incredible, all really lovely and went out of their way to make our stay a good one. The breakfast was perfect and had the biggest variety out of any hostel we've stayed in in South America so far. Loved watching the sun set from the roof.The free caprinias were brilliant too and the bar man was excellent. Would definitely recommend it.

• 29th Jul 2015

Close to the bus , nice rooms but the manager is vey rude and disrespectful if you get the dorms he will change the rate when you arrive to a higher on so for his dishonesty I wouldn't recommend it . The manager Fredrick also called me stupid when I agrued that I paid on hostel world the agreed rate and said he should expect an American to understand business . Other than him it's a quite hostel.

• 18th Jul 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed!!

5 minute walk to the bus to Paraguay. About one block or so away you can buy water from the convenience store. The breakfast was great. Staff was helpful and very welcoming. Comfy beds. Hot shower is great. Lockers are big, security is great. Free caipirinhas 7-8pm. Beers and caipirinhas 5 reais is a great price. I got a taxi from the airport R50 at 2am. Day time a bus is available for 5 reais if you want to save. Very clean. In comparison to london hostels, this is luxury!! Few outlets in 4bed.

Only stayed for 1 night in a private room, was like a little hotel! Beautiful clean ensuite and room. Aircon. Street wasn't noisey with the window open over night. Drinks on the roof from 7pm was a cute touch. Good wifi in hostel but touch and go in the room and disabled as soon as you check out. Staff were wonderful and spoke Portuguese, Spanish and English, always smiling and helpful with great customer service & easy to identify due to t-shift uniform, still casual tho professional! Thanks!!!

Staff was great!

The hostel is very clean and bright. Breakfast excellent. Liked happy hour drinks. The beds in four bed dorm are too close to each other for my comfort. May be suitable for family or friends and not for solo travellers. Good value for money.

Great clean hostel with very friendly staff. The roof deck was a great place to get a drink in the evening. I would definitely stay there again.

Awesome!!!!!!!! We were during 3 days, and it was incredible!!! the staff was really friendly, the place is very good locate, and the breakfast was very good!!!!

Great staff and location, I`d definitely recommend!

• 26th Jun 2015

The Staff in this hostel was amazing. Also the rooftop and the location. Only 3 min to walk to the local Bus Terminal, where buses are going to everywhere (the waterfalls, airport, Argentina, Paraguay, ..). Free Caipirinhas every evening between 7-8 pm. We even got a room upgrade from a 4 bed room to a double bed room. Amazing! We´ll definitely come back.

A modern hostel providing hotel like facilities, although if you're travelling alone you might not have an opportunity to meet and mingle with other guests. Looks to be popular among families and older groups. Good bed, good lockers, great breakfast.

Very clean hostel with nice staff, good location and breakfast. Felt more like a hotel. Would recommend!

Fantastic breakfast, staff very helpful

This is hands down by FAR the nicest hostel I've ever stayed at (after extensive travel.) The vibe was interesting because it is the Suites version of the hostel, which means that it's more comparable to a hotel and guests range from older couples to families with children, to recent college grads like myself trying to explore the world. The younger guests/more typical hostel-goers would gather upstairs at the pool with their drinks while kids tended to chill near the computers inside.

Amazing hostel, absolutely fantastic staff, lovely building (more like a hotel) and the rooftop bar with free caprainhas is a great touch

Che Lagarto was more like a hotel with all the benefits of a hostel (the communal space and kitchen). The staff were very helpful, the kitchen facilities were great and our room was huge! It was clean throughout and there were added extras like a good games room, independent tour companies in the building, happy hour with free drinks by the rooftop jacuzzi. Excellent stay.

When I first arrived i thought by far this would be my favourite hostel, However, I checked into a dorm at about 4pm and then enjoyed the free capirinhas at 7-8! I went back to my dorm room to receive abuse form 4-5 Brazilian women, who had packed my bag and put away all my belongings and told me that "I'm not aloud to stay here" whilst swearing at me. The staff were very unhelpful considering it was their fault! These women continued to give me digs etc. which was very uncomfortable!

This place is like a hotel with keyless entry, clean rooms, free breakfast, and 24 hour staff in reception. Loved staying here!

Good location close to the bus station. The hotel was more like a hotel, and clean and facilities sufficient. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and the free caiperinas from 7pm-8pm every day was great to meet with other fellow travelers. The dorm rooms were not bunk beds and individual bed, clean and comfy so was able to get a good nights rest there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6