Che Lagarto Hostel Ilha Grande Reviews

Praia de Abr�o n/n (left side of the beach), Ilha Grande, Brazil

The location of this place is perfect. The easy transfer drops you right off in front of the hostel. Only a 5-10 minute walk from the shops and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and the lounge area was great. Good breakfast. Great ocean view rooms were a plus. Security was fine but if you need to leave your bags before/after checkout, they just get left in the lounge area and I'm not sure if anyone actually keeps an eye on them. Regardless, our stuff was fine and no one touched anything.

Not enough space for breakfast. Bathroom always wet and toilet always blocked. I had book for 3days. I asked for extending my stay on the first day I arrived and pay for it. They got confused and on the 3rd day they told me to leave as the hostel was full. I had also dropped my laundry on the first day I arrived. They forgot to washed it and gave it to me when they told me I couldn't stay... I couldn't believe it. I ve been traveling for many time now, I never experienced this.

• 31st Jul 2015

Very dirty and moho.. Blood on the linen. Doesn't look like the pictures on the internet

Friendly staff, clean rooms and one of the best views of Ilha Grande with amazing sunsets :)

Great atmosphere. The staff were really helpful. The hostel is quite modern in design and so the place was very clean. All the rooms require cards to enter so the security was great. Overall, great value for money.

This was the best hostel I stayed at in over 7 weeks of traveling. The location is second to none as the social area/terrace runs out over the sea and has an unbeatable view of the main beach and the mountain where the sunsets. There isn't a massive party scene on the island and the Che Lagarto is no exception to this although the barman makes the best caprihanas that we tasted in Brazil.

Staff was nice but not very good at English and did not seem to know a lot about the tours the hostel provided. Hostel had a lot of activities and made it possible to eat dinner there a couple of times which was fairly cheap. It is located a bit from the "city" and it takes about 15 minutes to walk. Otherwise really nice location with an excellent view. All of the beds made a lot of noise eveytime one would move, so you woke up everytime someone turned over.