Che Lagarto Hostel Ilha Grande Reviews

Praia de Abr�o n/n (left side of the beach), Ilha Grande, Brazil

Very great location but staff were not super friendly. They did the bare minimum and some were even rude when asked questions. I couple were nice though imcluding vicki. Great view of the bay though and very clean. Loud at night sometimes

Great place to stay! Great location overlooking the beach. Clean rooms. Some staff are helpful and friendly. Some are not so much. Overall a great place!

good hostel, probably the closest you'll get to a legit party hostel on the island. Nice rooms, but obviously everything gets sandy and dirty, not much can be done about that. Give the staff a smile and they open up :)

The hostel is in a great location with amazing views. However the reception staff were not particularly helpful or friendly which is a shame as all other Che Lagarto hostels we have stayed in throughout Brazil have had awesome staff. Also the top bunk in the room we were given was so close to the ceiling it was like sleeping in a coffin and meant every time you wanted to get out you had no choice but slither out like a snake inevitably banging your head, arm, leg or back.

• 26th Nov 2014

Beautiful location on the beach. Somewhat of a party hostel vibe, so if you're looking for a quiet place to stay, this may not be for you. We loved our private double with ensuite which was on the 2nd floor (and very private), though other rooms have less privacy. Keep in mind that electricity (and wifi) is not reliable on Isla Grande, and there are no ATMs on the island or in the mainland port, Conceição de Jacareí. You should leave Rio with enough cash for your entire stay.

Loved the breakfast. Didn't have one this good or complete in my opinion in any of about 10 Brazil hostels I stayed at. Former hotel so rooms are quite good for the usual hostel standards and cheap also. Location is a good one. Near the local bus terminal, laundrette nearby as well as a supermarket and restaurants.

Location is brilliant, beds are comfy, common areas are clean, breaky great, wifi was average and not working for a whole day, power points in room did not work, bathroom not cleaned in three days stay, front desk often unmanned, reception offered to wake us up one early morning because we couldn't charge our phones in our room to use as alarms and forgot, waited for 15 minutes to check out and pay remaining bill before anyone showed up.

Nice location for daytime hangout but a bit far from town at night alone. Good security with key cards and large lockers, although they are very loud, metal ones that don't make for quiet nights. It was very clean. Atmosphere lacked a little for my liking.

Very cool place, missed a personal electricity plug by the bed but thats just a minor thing ;)

We stayed in a private room with a private bathroom. It was nice and clean. There was a hammock hung outside our room and a beautiful view of the water. The common area deck (outside of the lobby) is right on the water with a great view. It is also where breakfast (free) and dinner (for a price) are served. The staff was very friendly and incredibly helpful. I was really impressed that they went above and beyond to accommodate us. We also organized tours through the hostel. Really Great Staff!

This is one of my top hostels I have stayed in. I was not expecting a lot going on previous reviews for this hostel, turns out the previous travellers don't know what there talking about. the staff are excellent and location spot on. (I have stayed in over 50 hostels)