Che Lagarto Hostel Ilha Grande Reviews

Praia de Abr�o n/n (left side of the beach), Ilha Grande, Brazil

Really rude, unwelcoming staff. Extremely unhelpful when i made queries i had.

The hostel was ok. But WIFI didn't work for the three days I was there and that was terrible. Air conditioner didn't work the last night. Locación was good and breakfast was fine. I wouldn't go back.

Be professional enough to handle your guest. Ive been moved three times on my 3nights stay and it really pissed me off!

Great hostel, the only 'party' hostel on the island but don't expect a huge party-it's a quiet island! Be careful with your stuff though, my clothes mysterious went missing from the clothes line outside! Otherwise, all great though!

Very great hostel and very friendly staff ;)

• 27th Sep 2015
  • Switzerland

the atmosphere was pretty bad, the staff didnt really make an effort or speak anything else than portuguese. Thought the whole experience could of been much better, was pretty disapointed

Hostel was in a great location but wasn't the cleanest!

Great location, staff were friendly. I would recommend.

Great hostel. Location is perfect, staff are very friendly and its probably the best place to meet people on the island.

The location of this place is perfect. The easy transfer drops you right off in front of the hostel. Only a 5-10 minute walk from the shops and restaurants. The staff was very friendly and the lounge area was great. Good breakfast. Great ocean view rooms were a plus. Security was fine but if you need to leave your bags before/after checkout, they just get left in the lounge area and I'm not sure if anyone actually keeps an eye on them. Regardless, our stuff was fine and no one touched anything.

Not enough space for breakfast. Bathroom always wet and toilet always blocked. I had book for 3days. I asked for extending my stay on the first day I arrived and pay for it. They got confused and on the 3rd day they told me to leave as the hostel was full. I had also dropped my laundry on the first day I arrived. They forgot to washed it and gave it to me when they told me I couldn't stay... I couldn't believe it. I ve been traveling for many time now, I never experienced this.

• 31st Jul 2015

Very dirty and moho.. Blood on the linen. Doesn't look like the pictures on the internet

Friendly staff, clean rooms and one of the best views of Ilha Grande with amazing sunsets :)

Great atmosphere. The staff were really helpful. The hostel is quite modern in design and so the place was very clean. All the rooms require cards to enter so the security was great. Overall, great value for money.

This was the best hostel I stayed at in over 7 weeks of traveling. The location is second to none as the social area/terrace runs out over the sea and has an unbeatable view of the main beach and the mountain where the sunsets. There isn't a massive party scene on the island and the Che Lagarto is no exception to this although the barman makes the best caprihanas that we tasted in Brazil.