Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema

Fabulous 1506 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1506 Total Reviews

• England, Couple, 25-30
25th Jun 2017

Such a super place to stay!!! We had so much fun - made such great friends and kept on extending our stay! One block from the beautiful ipanema Beach! They arrange city and favela tours and you can have such a great party every night!!! Be careful as breakfast is not included when you book through hostel world, but you can buy it for $R 10 at the hostel per day.

Michelle!!! Thanks a lot !!!

24th Jun 2017
7.7

I was disappointed as it is a party hostel. We were told to be quiet at 11 and we're sent to first floor then told to go to bed at 12 as everyone else wanted to sleep aka the staff wanted to sleep so no one else was allowed to stay up. Don't book on hostel world as you get third night free if you book two nights.

Hey Shally, sorry my friend but your comment doesnt make much sense... The staff wanted to sleep ? If you booked a shared room and people wanted do sleep, you go out parting in clubs, right ?

• Canada, Female, 25-30
24th Jun 2017

Perfect hostel in Ipanema. Great atmosphere, the free caipirinhas are an excellent idea that makes people gather downstairs. Lockers are huge, pretty much any big backpack fits in it. Rooms are cleaned many times a day. I found the breakfast average but most people liked it. Highly recommended!

Cindy !!! Thanks a lot for the wornderful comments ! Hope we see you again !

• unicolef
  • Thailand, Male, 25-30
21st Jun 2017

Awesome place located in nice area many restaurants, shops, laundry and Ipanema beach. Cool and super friendly staffs, they can give you great advises and also you can find city tour or any trip from them. At 19:30-20:00 FREE Caipinha plz DON'T MISS IT!! but anyway the place is cool. I think traveling alone isn't problem here, you can find new friends here.

First !!! Thank you very much my friend !! Cheers

• England, Female, 31-40
20th Jun 2017
8.0

The staff were lovely specially a girl called Cynthia who was an absolute delight and so sweet! It's a party hostel where you'll meet people to go clubbing with as they literally have events every night. Overall it was a lovely stay : ) Bad point would be that it's a bit misleading as on the profile pictures it said breakfast included but then when we arrived we found out it wasn't :/ however.

Thanks for the comments !! We are sorry for the misleading pic. It has already been removed to prevent future problems. Cheers

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
8th Jun 2017

Great location and facilities. Everything was perfect. They let us check in earlier and where very helpful in general.

Muchas Gracias !!!! Saludos

• Australia, Female, 18-24
30th May 2017

The staff are just AMAZING! I couldn't say enough good words about them! Place was very clean! WC bin was emptied like 5 times daily! Beds are comfy, lockers are HUGE, but bring your own lock also it can be hard to shut, When I was there it was mostly South Americas but I think that was my timing, So it was a bit lonely, but staff were always welcoming! UNLIMITED CAIPIRINHAS from 7:30-8! So drink up; we got to 6 within 30mins Very far from Copacabana; beach and buses close

Alyssa !!!! Thanks a lot for the wonderful comments !!! Cheers

• Austria, Female, 25-30
28th May 2017

A party hostel with loud music till very late. Found the atmosphere a bit strange. I missed the laid-back, chilled vibe hostels should have. When I arrived at 4 am and asked later if I can have breakfast, they made me pay 20 real. I know it is not included the day you arrive and they are not obliged to let me have it for free; but this is the first hostel in the last 3 months of travelling that did not invite me with welcoming words to have breakfast. I just think this says a lot about their attitude

Hey Daniela, sorry you felt like this, but like every other place we have rules to be followed...Cheers

• USA, Male, 25-30
24th May 2017

Great location and very welcoming and fun staff! Also very nice to have A/C in the rooms!

Thank you very much !!!! Cheers

• Chile, Female, 18-24
24th May 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel. The atmosphere was really friendly and we love the free caipirinhas everyday. The breakfast was also really yummy and it is perfect for meeting new people. I hightly recommend it. Obrigada!

Muchas gracias Nicole !!! Saludos