Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Paul Redfern N�48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Super-friendly hostel! Ricky, Gabriella and all the staff are so hospitable and helpful. Great location just a short walk from the beach. Bathrooms are cleaned regularly and the overall atmosphere is great. Highly recommend staying here!

Staff were amazing and very helpful especially Roberto

Lovely staff very happy and good customer service. Bed was comfy and there was a good atmosphere.

• 27th Jun 2015

We enjoyed our stay here as the location was extremely close to Ipanema beach and we felt pretty safe walking around the area in the evening. It had a good busy atmosphere and the staff were very friendly and ready to help with directions and suggestions. I would stay here again

Location close to the beach and shopping street- GREAT- but far away from the metrosystem. Nice staff, good breakfast and nice staff. The bathroom in our dormwas very dirty though, pretty much all the time..

Great location on Ipanema beach, hostel is clean and has decent facilities. Staff are also extremely friendly and helpful. Unfortunately this is one of those hostels that is split between two buildings, the common areas are also a bit scattered on different floors and the whole thing feels a bit impersonal. Despite there being many people, it was difficult at times to meet people. Not the best for atmosphere, but cheaper than other hostels in the area and it is very close to the beach.

Rick and his staff were excellent, the location is one street away from the beach front and perfect side of Ipanema. The dorm was excellent but had to change for a few days as we had a noisy neighbour. The staff were happy to help and accommodate us. The double room was a little pricey and we don't think it was worth what we paid but the dorms were great. The kitchen wasn't in the best shape and there wasn't a huge communal area but it was okay. Overall we had a really good stay.

• 20th Jun 2015

Absolutely loved this hostel! Extremely lively, clean, and spacious. The only thing I would complain about this hostel is the key...it never worked.

Nice place, at a very good and central spot in Ipanema. Staff was very helpful, the hostel felt very safe, quite expensive but that is everywhere in Rio.

Had a great time at this hostel !

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Breakfast was standard and good which meant there was cake, bread, and fruit. Beds were good and showers were hot. Lockers under bed were good but only one person could access at a time. Hostel was a block from the beach. They need to fix their key card system so you don't have to get it reactivated before every trip to your room. I enjoyed my stay.

its a good place to stay in Rio, if you dont want to spend a lot of money but you want to have a good xperience and to meet people from all over the world, this is the one.

Hilarious staff- very helpful. Amazing time

• 9th Jun 2015

Great atmoaphere and location :) The staff was really helpful and welcomimg! I had a great stay at this hostel and I'm sure I'm going to chose che lagarto in future again :)

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

I loved this Hostel, the staff was so friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was super fun.

Had a great time. Ricki and the rest of the staff were great, very helpful, and there was always something fun to do in the evenings after sightseeing or chillin on the beach.

Great location with really friendly, helpful staff. The set up is great with the rowdy crowd staying downstairs, but another area on the 1st floor if you want to socialize in a more relaxed way. The stovetop in the kitchen was not working when I was there, which is a bit of a pain for those of us who cook.

This was my third visit to this hostel and I practically had to be pulled out kicking and screaming. Maybe it's the fantastically socialable atmosphere where you have to work exceptionally hard to have anything but a brilliant time...or perhaps the perfect location on top of Ipanema beach...the great breakfast ...clean bathrooms or comfy beds? All of the above, but what really gives this hostel gold stars is the sublimely brilliant team who are knowledgeable, helpful, efficient and great fun!

I ve been there for the weekend and toilet flush didnt work any day. I told to the staff but nothing was done. Otherwise, it´s a good place with nice people and Ana Laura is the best hostess I ve ever had.

Bathrooms were dirty. Cards stopped working quickly.

• 14th May 2015