Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema

Fabulous 1554 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1554 Total Reviews

13th Sep 2017

Friendly/helpful staff, great location for beach and shopping, good showers, fun bar, solid beds, and fun guests. Could be less enjoyable if you don't want to party very much.

Thanks Mark !!! Welcome back soon !

• kmlarsen4106
  • Norway, Female, 18-24
6th Sep 2017

Friendly and very helpful staff. Easy to get to this hostel by local bus from the AirPort. Good and cleab locations. Nice dorm, and good breakfast. Great for the younger travellers!

Thanks for the comments my friend !

• England, Male, 18-24
5th Sep 2017

Overall a brilliant hostal! Me and my girlfriend stayed there for 5 days in total. We was able to book trips from the hostel and all the staff are full of knowledge about Rio. The hostel has a great social life and in the short space of time we met so many people. The staff were funny but at the same time very helpful, and nothing was to much of an effort for them! Thankyou for an amazing Rio experience! Till next time!

Jack!!! Thanks a lot for the wonderful comments!

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2017

Loved this hostel for the social atmosphere and the fantastic staff who were so helpful during my stay (Luciene, Vuri, Roberto and Ariel in particular). They were happy to arrange a taxi last minute for my arrival and always had a smile on their face (even though I was late to check out!) I'd recommend the female only dorm or 6bed if you prefer more space, as the larger rooms are quite cramped. Perfect location 2mins from Ipanema beach, definitely preferable to Cobacabana. 7 nights well spent!

Gabriela !!! Thank you very much !!!!!!!!!!!

• miss_ruthellen3860
  • England, All Female Group, 25-30
1st Sep 2017

Absolutely loved our stay at Che Legarto - super handy for the beach. Staff really friendly and helpful, speak good English. Great atmosphere in the evening for going out - loved the free caipirinhas! Felt like a very safe area. Would definitely visit again!

Ruth !!!! Thanks a lot for the wonderful comments !!!

• georgesimms1
  • England, Male, 18-24
31st Aug 2017

As I was previously travelling in a group everywhere, this was the first hostel where I'd be arriving on my own so I was a bit apprehensive. However when I left I had made so many new great friends, partly due to the very friendly welcoming staff and the fact I was in a dorm with 7 Brazilian girls at one point. The location is perfect and I felt very safe the entire time. Would stay again

George !! Nice meeting you my friend! Hope to see you soon !

31st Aug 2017

Great Staff lucienne and Ricardo thanks for getting me a taxi yesterday ! You the best . The only thing i did not like peopple talkinh ontge sidewalk at 5 am non stop which happend to be guesta fromt tve hostel .I think it would be nice if there is some control about this . Other than that great hostel

Thanks Joseph ! See you in 2 days !

• Turkey, All Female Group, 18-24
28th Aug 2017

Very kind staff! Especially Lu! :) Good localisation, we had opportunities for taking bus, also Ipanema is one of the safest places in Rio.

Merve ! Thanks a lot for the comments ! Cheers

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
26th Aug 2017
6.0

Great location, staff were helpful. Can be quite noisy at night if you are trying to get a decent sleep, but then that could be what your looking for. Rooms can be small and the shower room was quite mouldy.

Thanks for the comments ! Cheers

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
24th Aug 2017

No the worst but not the best I've stayed in either! Staff did help us a lot when we had an issue with our dorm and got us a new room which was much better! However the toilets are not the cleanest and the breakfast is meh at best! Atmosphere is great though! Good music and great vibes!

Hi Stephen, thanks for the comments ! You werent the best, but not the worst of guest too heheh. Cheers

×