Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema

8.7
Fabulous 1402 Total Reviews

8th Feb 2017
6.6

The bathrooms did not have hand soap. This is the fastest way to spread germs and make people sick. The elevador stopped working while I was there and I was on the 6th floor. The staff is very friendly. If you like to meet a ton of people and be in an environment with lots of activity, this hostel will provide that for you. If you want to sleep without interruptions, go stay somewhere else because your roommates will wake you up many times every night.

Hey Calvin, thanks for the comments.

6th Feb 2017

Great location (1 minute walk to the beach) with great staff. There are daily bar/club events which allow you to meet new people very easily. I had a private room on the adjacent building, good size and clean. The AC worked very well and the wifi is pretty good. Would stay here again.

Hey Karmandeep !!! Thanks for always coming back and staying with us !!!! Cheers

• Chile, Male, 25-30
3rd Feb 2017

Great hostel, caipirinha everyday=party everyday! Clean rooms and bathrooms!

Gracias Nicolas !!!! Saludos

• iantanjf
  • Malaysia, Male, 18-24
31st Jan 2017

Che Lagarto Ipanema has been amazing for me! The hotel room is clean and spacious with big lockers and AC. They offer free drinks during the night which helps solo travellers like me to socialise and meet new people in the hostel! It's less than 5 minutes from the beach and metro station which definitely is another plus! I would totally recommend this hostel!

Ian !!!! Thanks very much for the comments !!! Hope we see you again !!! Cheers

30th Jan 2017

This is my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in. The location is a block from a really nice and safe and clean beach (Ipanema), the rooms are cleaned daily, the breakfast is fine, but the best things are the people. The staff is incredible. After being gone for 18 months I came back and the manager yells my name "Wade, I can't believe it!" And honestly I don't know how he remembers everybody, Ricardo is like a beautiful mind. And this the energy in the hostel is great among the guests.

Wade !!!!!!!! Thanks for the comments !!!!! Welcome everytime!!!!!!!

24th Jan 2017

During my stay in Ipanema I stayed at or hung out in 4 different hostels. Che Lagarto was by far my favorite. The staff is extremely helpful and informatative, the bar and common areas are great, and the tours were phenomenal. They are also helpful in directing to more off the beaten trails for travelers on more of a budget. I would stay again anytime.

Casey !!!! Thank you very muche for staying with us my friend !!!! Cheers

• Germany, Female, 31-40
7th Jan 2017
8.0

Great location and within easy reach of the beach, lots of great restaurants and bars. Was in a private room so it was pretty pricey for what it was (but that's also Rio). The internet didn't always work in the room and the bathroom smelt damp but other then that, I'd recommend this place. Helpful staff and decent breakfasts.

Anna!!! Thanks a lot for the feedback ! Cheers

3rd Jan 2017

Nice cool place to hang out. The beds/facilities are a bit worn at times and the lockers are not very safe as they can just be opened with a screwdriver! Besides that the staff is very cool and helpful and the location amazing (literally 5 mins from the beach). Overall I'd definitely recommend you to stay here if you go to Ipanema.

Hey Tristano !!!! Thanks a lot for the comments ! Cheers

• American Samoa, Female, 25-30
24th Dec 2016
7.7

Please just rent towels as you rent bedsheets and pillowcases. There is no need to sell the towels. Also, there needs to be soap in the bathroom. Please put soap or a bottle of liquid soap to wash our hands after using the bathroom. Many people come and go and most people don't carry soap or hand sanitizer into the bathroom with them. It is very disgusting. Other than that my stay was good. The bedsheets and pillowcase were super clean! I liked that a lot.

Thanks for the constructive feedback !!! We will make the adjustments in the near future ! Cheers

23rd Dec 2016

Che Lagarto Hostel in Ipanema is an awesome hostel. I had a blast there. The staff is super friendly and helpful. I met cool travellers from all over the world. It is in a great location and very close to the beach. I really enjoyed staying there and I plan on staying there again.

Hey John !!! Thanks a lot !!! Hope to see you soon !