Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Paul Redfern N�48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent location, good vibe, super friendly and helpful staff, stayed just to short!!!

Wonderful!

Brilliant location. Very reliable. Perfect for a first time stay in Rio to get your bearings..everything is easy here and the staff are lovely!

• 8th Apr 2015

Need towels!!!!!! Absolutely ridiculous that a beach hostel doesn't have towels to buy or rent. Very inconvenient for travelers with not a lot of space in their bags.

Hostel was 20min walk from the metro, so not that convienent, but 1 block from beach. Dorm room was okay, but bathroom was disgusting, stank of sewage all the time and smell leaked into room, toilet seat was broken and falling off, sink had been smashed and glued back together with resin, so was yellow and stained with god knows what! Stayed in rooms across the road on the 3rd floor so really annoying when key card stopped working (3 times!!) Staff were nice.

• 8th Apr 2015

Great Hostel! Staff very friendly and excellent Location!

Location was awesome! Huge under the bed lockers to store all of your stuff. The hostel really clean and runs well. My only comment would be that we noticed that most other travelers in the hostel were from Latin America. This obviously isn't a problem but it made finding people to socialize with in English a bit harder!

I suggest putting more showers

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Staff were friendly and nice but it is a party hostel. Beds were not really comfy and every time I moved the metal cracked. Breakfast was really average. Location to the beach was great and easy access to restaurants and shops.

Good thing is I was upgraded my first night because of a hostelwolr booking problem so that private room was cool and comfortable. Then the 8 beds dorm was ok. Spartan as always in Che Lagarto's, dirty and very small bathroom. Nice mates though. Common spaces are ok although very strong air con (always the same here). Nice terrace. Some of the staff were really nice and helpfull, others not (seemed too busy to chat with friends rather than attend travelers).

The hostel was good. One big con was the room keys. They didn't work so you had to get out of bed in the middle of the night to open the door for the other guests. There could have been more than one bathroom for the 10 people doorm.

If you're looking to party and have some sleepless nights, then this is the place to go! Friendly staff members that will try their best to help you out! Be ready to speak a lot of Spanish, if you can't speak it nor Portuguese, it might get difficult to communicate with the Argentinian travellers... Would definitely return there on my next trip!

Cold showers, cramped metal dormitories and swipe cards that don't work. Not very clean. The location by the beach is great but there are other, nicer places nearby.

One of best hostels in the world. Clean, friendly, rooms and lochers are big, wathever you need receptionists will help you, ther are the best from all the staff In the house. its great spot to move around and meat the people, just a bit far from metro, but buses are just around the coner In the kitchen you even have filterred water and plastic wrap for sandwiches. Really worth of money.

I choose it for location, which is good, but in my opinion could have been better. It's located between Ipanema and Leblon and yes it is close to mainstreet and beach. But those are quite long so I guess there a better opitions available more closer to the more 'lively' part of Ipanema. What I liked the most, is the staff. Very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are noisy, yet clean. Good bar but not much going on at the time I was there. But overall I enjoyed my stay!

Love this CL. Unbeatable location on Ipanema/Leblon, the staff are SO warm and friendly and the facilities are great. Even an elevator! Only downside is that breakfast is CRAZY. Do not appreciate chaos during breakfast, but ya equally due to the guests staying here.. Really cramped. Also people staying here is 90% Argentinian I'd say, so if you're not spanish speaking it can be quite hard to socialize.. Overall I had a great stay, would stay again.

I only stayed one night but the staff is so nice, the beds are confortable with lockers. The breakfast is good, then even give you a free caïpi on arrival. This is one of the best hostels i stayed in

Can't beat the location at this price.

We stayed one night in 10 bed dorm. Staff were very friendly on arrival. Our room was ensuite. Only issues were inconsiderate guests turning lights on at 3&4 in the morn. Not hostels fault. We left before breakfast for an early flight and the guy at reception truly went out of his way to help us. I've forgotten his name but he went upstairs to get us some fruit to take away+helped carry our bags outside&flagged a taxi for us. Thank you very much. Highly recommend.

Excellent location, 1 and a half block from the beach, safe neighborhood at night. 6 bed dorm with en-suite bathroom was ok. Normal breakfast. Elevator only till 4th floor (there is a 5th and 6th floor) This is really a 'party hostel' ,for people who wish to stay at the hostel o to do activities related to the hostel. Not my kind of hostel. Staff was good, but they couldn't recommend pubs o bars different from the hostels schedule. Works better for people in their 20th.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4