Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Paul Redfern N�48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

One of best hostels in the world. Clean, friendly, rooms and lochers are big, wathever you need receptionists will help you, ther are the best from all the staff In the house. its great spot to move around and meat the people, just a bit far from metro, but buses are just around the coner In the kitchen you even have filterred water and plastic wrap for sandwiches. Really worth of money.

I choose it for location, which is good, but in my opinion could have been better. It's located between Ipanema and Leblon and yes it is close to mainstreet and beach. But those are quite long so I guess there a better opitions available more closer to the more 'lively' part of Ipanema. What I liked the most, is the staff. Very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are noisy, yet clean. Good bar but not much going on at the time I was there. But overall I enjoyed my stay!

Love this CL. Unbeatable location on Ipanema/Leblon, the staff are SO warm and friendly and the facilities are great. Even an elevator! Only downside is that breakfast is CRAZY. Do not appreciate chaos during breakfast, but ya equally due to the guests staying here.. Really cramped. Also people staying here is 90% Argentinian I'd say, so if you're not spanish speaking it can be quite hard to socialize.. Overall I had a great stay, would stay again.

I only stayed one night but the staff is so nice, the beds are confortable with lockers. The breakfast is good, then even give you a free caïpi on arrival. This is one of the best hostels i stayed in

Can't beat the location at this price.

Excellent location, 1 and a half block from the beach, safe neighborhood at night. 6 bed dorm with en-suite bathroom was ok. Normal breakfast. Elevator only till 4th floor (there is a 5th and 6th floor) This is really a 'party hostel' ,for people who wish to stay at the hostel o to do activities related to the hostel. Not my kind of hostel. Staff was good, but they couldn't recommend pubs o bars different from the hostels schedule. Works better for people in their 20th.

Amazing location and great staff! Our dorm was a little cramped and there was sometimes a funny smell in the lobby, but overall a good place to stay.

Spacious room, large lockable lockers for all your stuff, actually clean sheets, affective air conditioning, very friendly and helpful staff. Great location if you want ipanema beach...probably a bit further out if you want access to metro and the rest of the city.

One of your top hostels in Rio. Staff were helpful and almost like friends. It's definitely your party hostel, with a bar pumping music all day and night. Clean, well organised rooms with en-suites. Location couldn't be better, can see the beach within seconds. Issues with WiFi in rooms across the road from the main building, the only gripe. Recommended.

really nice/clean hostel - was greeted by Ricki, who was one of the friendliest Hostel managers we had come across on our travels. Room was clean and tidy, did exactly what it needed to.

I stayed here for a week after carnival and it was like carnival never ended! I'm travelling on my own so it was a great place to meet people and have a good time, and the staff were a laugh too. Great location (one block from Ipanema, in my opinion the best beach in Rio) and they also provide a fab city tour that covers a lot of the city's sights in just half a day, so if you're in a hurry it's perfect! I had an amazing time here and would recommend it to anyone, especially solo travellers!

• 18th Feb 2015

Great hostel to meet others-staff are so friendly and know everyone's name! Couldn't be nearer the beach! Also great bar to chill out at night!

This hostel was a great place to stay for the party atmosphere during Carnival. The location is great because it's walking distance from Ipanema Beach and the main shopping strip of Ipanema. Our main issue was that our air con didn't work which made sleeping uncomfortable whereas other rooms had great air con. The other issue was that the kitchen was a bit unclean and inadequately stocked with equipment meaning we probably spent more than we planned by eating out.

The location of the Hostel was perfect! 2 blocks from the beach, and seconds away from a variety of restaurants and shops. The staff were very entertaining and welcoming. They threw different events every night to get everyone to socialize, and they were a blast! Ricardo is the manager, and is extremely hilarious! Would definitely stay again!

• 12th Feb 2015

Over all a good hostel. Friendly staff, good vibe when there's good people. It's a party hostel without the drunks on the floor from mid day👍 Internet was mostly good as well. Downers - there was no hot water even when they said they would fix it. They over charge for things e.g. Airport pickup 100r, taxi costs 74r. Handgliding 500r, I went to the company directly at peak time and it cost 400r. And then Drinks also are expensive. They should be for travellers not try and rip them off.

Stayed here for one night, which was good. Stayed at the upperfloor with good wifi! Hostel is not to big

As Hostels go, it doesn't get too much better. Amazing location, amazing staff, great atmosphere, perfect for a solo traveller or a group!

• 11th Feb 2015

We stayed at Che Lagarto during the whole 2015 carnaval time. We feel that we got VIP service! In the hostel and its surroundings we felt safe. It is very secured and the hostel is very clean with good atmosphere. The staff was welcoming and helpful! Special thanks to Kai, Laura, Juliana and Ricardo for doing above and beyond for helping with any question/issue. For sure we will recommend the hostel for anyone that comes to Brazil! Love you guys, Doron

The staff were amazing and made me feel at home and introduced me to new friends. Thanks for letting me make pancakes too!

• 10th Feb 2015

Ricky and his team are second to none and will always help with a smile. Amazing location a block from Ipanema beach and easy access to all major attractions. We stayed in a 6 person dorm over carnival and it was big with full sized lockers to hold all your stuff and cleaned regularly. Overall vibe was amazing and would stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4