Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Paul Redfern N�48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The location and staff are really the best things at the hostel. it´s literally 2 blocks away from the Ipanema beach and some steps away the Leblon shopping. There are also lockers inside the bedroom to storage your luggage. They serve a breakfast simple but good.

The hostel has a great location and staff were amazing. The only downside was that it got quite noisy on the street outside of our room. Free caipirinas in the evening were great and a fantastic way to meet others.

I had an amazing time! Best place to stay in rio ESPECIALLY is traveling alone! Thank you all for being a part of such an amazing experience. We shall meet again!

• 11th Nov 2015

Could be cleaner - the entire property. But overall, good stay.

• 9th Nov 2015

Loves the hostel. It's one block away from the beach, the staff is great, really clean, amazing atmosphere....Will come back!

It was really cool and fan staying at che lagarto ipanema, we really enjoyed our time there.

Located in a great spot. Very friendly and helpful staff. Verypopular with tourists,so great place to meet people.

Great location! Right next to the beach. Felt safe as a female travelling alone. Staff were great!

Party hostel in a good location one block from the beach. Very crammed rooms with average cleanliness. Above average breakfast but only until 10 am and check out before 11am - which will be hard! :D Free Caipirinha was nice, staff was really friendly.

The hostel is great! The staff is very attentive and help you with anything you might need. The rooms and bathrooms are basic and not very clean. It's a party hostel.

I loved this hostel. It is 2 blocks forma de beach. Staff was super nice, helpfull. Breakfast was very complet. I would defently come back.

If you are looking for a good time and to meet great people, this is the place to be!! From the staff to the guests, everyone is beyond friendly and all looking to enjoy their time. The moment I walked in we were greeted with such warmth and positive energy. Immediately my friend and I felt very happy with our choice of stay. That was just the start of our great stay, and from there on it only got better. Highly recommended!!

• 19th Oct 2015

This is a party hostel, so if you're looking for that, definitely go for it, but if you are looking for a more quiet cosy hostel, then this is not it. The staff is extremely friendly, and very helpful, so that's a huge plus. Breakfast is nice, it's clean, although it's almost too clean, not so much of a cosy atmosphere, and a place you want to hang out for too long.

We booked this hostel for the party atmosphere on the weekends and it was spot on. Backpackers loved to hang out and pre game here before heading out to bars/clubs. We booked a ten bed dorm but unfortunately we got the building across the street (still part of the hostel). Much less room in between beds compared to the main building and much dirtier. Tiny bathroom, saw 3 cockroaches, and a hassle to stand outside to wait for security to see you on camera to let you in- no doorbell/buzzer!

Definitely a party hostel! Staff are amazing and in a great location! Highly recommend for anyone staying in Rio.

Great hostel in a prime location in Rio De Janeiro. The staff behind the front desk was very friendly and helpful through out my stay. This is a great place to meet people even if you're not staying at this hostel. The pregame before the bar/club is a must if you're in the area. The size of the rooms in a 6 person dorm is great and the maids kept the bathroom very clean through the the day. WIFI IS GREAT IN DORMS BEST OF THE Che Lagarto's... PICK THIS ONE OVER COPACABANO CHE LAGARTO! EVERYTIME

• 16th Oct 2015

The hostel is in a great location, is good value for money and the staff are friendly, helpful and very accommodating. Great for solo travellers looking to meet people.

• 9th Oct 2015

Great choice for a trip to Rio. Very close to the beach and main street in Ipanema, with good security and facilities. Staff always paying attention to guests' requests.

I really hated it here. The atmosphere is so forced that it made everyone less sociable. There is no communal space for the amount of people, it's impossible to rest, I'm 6ft and overspilled the bed onto my neighbour, one bathroom for 8 people, making mornings hard. Hostel is a worksite in the day and constant awful100db club music from 7pm onwards so you can't hear anyone. I left and checked back in my old hostel after 2 nights. Breakfast was good and the staff were majority lovely. That's it.

Definitely a total Party-Hostel and nothing for people who like to have their quiet time...

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels