Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Paul Redfern N�48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

its a good place to stay in Rio, if you dont want to spend a lot of money but you want to have a good xperience and to meet people from all over the world, this is the one.

Hilarious staff- very helpful. Amazing time

• 9th Jun 2015

Great atmoaphere and location :) The staff was really helpful and welcomimg! I had a great stay at this hostel and I'm sure I'm going to chose che lagarto in future again :)

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

I loved this Hostel, the staff was so friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was super fun.

Had a great time. Ricki and the rest of the staff were great, very helpful, and there was always something fun to do in the evenings after sightseeing or chillin on the beach.

Great location with really friendly, helpful staff. The set up is great with the rowdy crowd staying downstairs, but another area on the 1st floor if you want to socialize in a more relaxed way. The stovetop in the kitchen was not working when I was there, which is a bit of a pain for those of us who cook.

This was my third visit to this hostel and I practically had to be pulled out kicking and screaming. Maybe it's the fantastically socialable atmosphere where you have to work exceptionally hard to have anything but a brilliant time...or perhaps the perfect location on top of Ipanema beach...the great breakfast ...clean bathrooms or comfy beds? All of the above, but what really gives this hostel gold stars is the sublimely brilliant team who are knowledgeable, helpful, efficient and great fun!

I ve been there for the weekend and toilet flush didnt work any day. I told to the staff but nothing was done. Otherwise, it´s a good place with nice people and Ana Laura is the best hostess I ve ever had.

Bathrooms were dirty. Cards stopped working quickly.

• 14th May 2015
  • Mexico

I think the most part of staff are really nice, except by one person (a girl who made our check-in) who was ridiculously stupid, spelling bad words and thinking that she was better than anybody.

The staff were fantastic and the location was great. Right next to the beach. Showers could have been a little hotter but overall the place was awesome.

Great atmosphere, lots of people in the common area, and lots of activities!

We didn't have hot water for the 4 days we were there. Apart from that good hostel, very clean, staff were very friend,y and helpful and it's in a great location.

Most of the staff were very nice and friendly, but there was a particular guy (Brazilian one, working in the morning shift) that wasn't helpful at all. Whatever request or question someone would ask him, he would answer in a very bad mood to go "check online for an answer" or simply to say that the hostel didn't offer a particular service. I understand if the hostel can't offer something (like for example, tours outside the ones they have agreements with) but his attitude was awful.

Staff are excellent. Lockers under the beds for your bags. Plugs are in one group at the end of the room which is a shame. Great breakfast and good location for the beach but a good 20minute walk to the metro, for everything else. though there are buses you can take. Cons: room keys never work and have to be renewed every day it would seem so do this before you climb the 2 sets of stairs!

This hostel has a great upbeat atmosphere, attentive staff, and is super close to the beach! The 10 person mixed dorm is a tight squeeze though, and is the only room with a bathroom located outside of the room. Other than that, no complaints! Breakfast is awesome as well :)

i will always come back to this hostel!

Staff were friendly and helpful. The manager was extremely friendly. Good location - one block from the beach. It has a bar which is good but it's freezing!! We were in rooms across the road and you had to ring a door bell to be let in, we had to wait sometimes which was annoying. The hostel didn't really have a backpacker feel to it because it is mostly Brazilians and Argentinians staying there.

Excellent location, good vibe, super friendly and helpful staff, stayed just to short!!!

We booked a dorm room at Che Lagarto which was large, clean, and v spacious. We then moved to a private room which was unfortunately much smaller, with bad wifi and no natural light. Wifi in main building is good, and the bar is quite cheap. We didn't use kitchen facilities but they looked small, as did the dining area. Glad we visited, would probably go back.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels