Che Lagarto Hostel Ipanema Reviews

Rua Paul Redfern N�48, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The air conditioning did not work in both nights that I stayed. When I arrived, it took a lot of time for the staff to open me the door of the building in front of the lobby, the key did not work at first, there were no towels in the bathroom and the air conditioning did not work (it didn´t cool the room and it was kind of an issue considering it was summer).

Reception/bar area closes at midnight but it would be nice if it would stay open later.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Good location, friendly staff. My main complaint is about the wifi and the fact that you cannot pay for your rooms with credit card unless it is under a certain amount, which makes it a bit difficult for travellers. Be aware of this before booking so you know how much cash to bring, as I had to pay a large sum to take out more than expected. Other than that, decent hostel.

Elevator always malfunctioning. Staff gave bad advice on activities. Hangliding cost more than they said. Christmas dinner was a complete joke. Toilet did not work at times. Other than that it was great!

great place for backpackers - would recommend. however watch out because some of the lockers can be opened even when locked, some people lost some money in my room.

Work taking place when I arrived so couldn't get in. Not convenient after a long flight into Rio. Apart from that the hostel everything was smooth. Great atmosphere and well mannered staff! They helped book two tours with "be a local" and they were fantastic! I had a great time.

You are paying mainly for the location here. It's 5 minute walk to Ipanema beach. The dorms are basic and cleaners come at odd times like 10pm. They are currently redecorating so I had to move rooms during my stay and it fel a bit chaotic. I imagine it will be better when it's finished.

It's a really nice hostel, it's near the beach, it was clean all the time and I felt safe there. They helped me out when I needed the most. Thank you guys!

Best Location. Just one block away from Ipanema beach. Free caipirinhas from 18.30 t0 19.00. Very good and helpful staff. They arrange everything for you when you need something. Bathrooms could be cleaner overall but that doesn't affect your stay in the Hostel because its a very nice place to have fun in Rio de Janeiro.

Good hostel to stay at right next to Ipanema beach. Nice sociable hostel without quite being a party hostel (they do have a good bar and planned nights every night though). Beds are comfy and rooms have 24hr aircon. Wifi is great everywhere. Quite Brazilian hostel but that can be fun

Ipanema Che Lagarto is always good to stay. Love it!

Great hostel and staff (especially Julianna). Just 1 block from the beach. There are bar/club events every night. If you want to see the real Rio, you may have to venture off to Lapa. Will definitely stay again!

Great staff, managers included. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Good atmosphere at night. Could have more space and sofas to relax.

Great staff... So much potential for front desk to n Be managers especially Ariel.

Great hostel with awesome staff! Right beside the beach and in a nice area. Would definitely stay again.

It was a fantastic experience to stay in Che Lagarto Ipenama. Very friendly staff, good beds, fresh sheets and pillow covers everyday and free drinks and party every evening. Really awesome location and time spent.

• 24th Nov 2015
  • India

perfect location for chilling at the beach. The atmosphere is very friendly and social and easy to mert people. The staff are awesome. very friendly and always able to help. Rooms and bathrooms are basic, but frequently cleaned during the day. Will stay there again.

We stayed 4 nights at Che Lagarto Hostel. Breakfast was ok but no cheese and ham. Cleaning service every night at 10-11pm (???) and just not enough toilets for so many people. Friendly and very helpful staff.

The hostel was in a good location. However, we were overcharged on our taxi we booked through the hostel because our flight was delayed for over an hour (out of our control) even though we had given them the details to check. The kitchen was really small for how many people stayed there and it was hard to cook because staff and cleaners would constantly be coming and going. Staff weren't particularly helpful...didn't offer us discounts for bar crawl which should have been available.

The location and staff are really the best things at the hostel. it´s literally 2 blocks away from the Ipanema beach and some steps away the Leblon shopping. There are also lockers inside the bedroom to storage your luggage. They serve a breakfast simple but good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7