Che Lagarto Hostel Itacaré
Che Lagarto is the largest chain of private hostels in South America. We have hostels at all the best destinations and we pride ourselves on giving our guests the best experience possible. With more than 15 years under our belt, we currently have more than 20 hostels in 5 countries: Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Uruguay and Chile.
Directions to hostel:
We are located at Rua Pedro Longo 58 (otherwise known as Pituba Street) Itacare.
From Ilheus: You can book a TRANSFER through the hostel reception. Another option is to take a local bus (the company is called Rota) from the bus station in Ilheus. It's a 1 hr 40 min bus journey to Itacare. From there you can take a taxi to the hostel or walk the distance of 10 minutes to Pituba Street where the hostel is located.
This is the best hostel in Itacare to practice your Portuguese and Spanish while still being understood in English! We host travellers and backpackers from all over the world, particularly Latin Americans and Brazilians. Our bar is a meeting point for locals and travellers where different music, cultures and languages collide every night of the week!
We have clean, modern and spacious rooms, en-suite bathrooms with hot showers and a choice of air-conditioning or fan.
Upstairs we have a big chill-out roof terrace area looking out onto lush rainforest below. Here we have hammocks, cushions and BBQ for guest-use along with an enormous kitchen and bar with Sky TV and snooker table. We also have computers and WIFI Internet for free and at Che Lagarto Itacare every guest receives a free Caipirinha Cocktail on arrival!
Che Lagarto Itacare offers different events each night; Karaoke night (Brazilian-style), Quiz night, Latin night, Dance classes, Live Music, DJs and more
For those who make it up in the morning we also offer group activities during the day; such as crazy canoe trips up the river, surf lessons, boat parties, treks to waterfalls, beach picnics, capoeira classes, yoga classes and pool parties!
Check out our facebook page to see for yourself some of the crazy shenanigans we're getting up to these days!
We look forward to meeting you soon!!!
- Free Caipirinha or Caipivodka Cocktail on arrival
- Buffet Breakfast included
- Large Guest Kitchen
- Daily Cleaning Service
- Chill-out Terrace with hammocks & BBQ
- Free Internet 24hrs (Computers and WIFI)
- TV with International Sport s and Films
- Bar with Snooker / Pool Table
- Towels (Included for private rooms, optional for dorms)
- 24 hour hot water
- Choice of air conditioning or fan
- Lockers (in rooms)
- Book Swap
- Bag Storage/Deposit Room
- Fun activities for the days
- Crazy events for the nights!
- Transfer in and out (to book a transfer, contact the hostel)
- Towels for dorm rooms
- Tours* & Surf Lessons
- Dinners (BBQ night, Pizza night, Moqueca night etc)
- Bike Skate and Surfboard Hire
* Tours offered: Rainforest Hikes to Beaches and Waterfalls, Paragliding, Canopy Tour (Zip-lining), Chocolate Farm tour, Whale-watching, Snorkelling & Diving, River Canoeing & Kayaking, Boat Trips, White-water Rafting, Surf Lessons and more!
- CHECK IN 14.00 HS
- CHECK OUT 11.00 HS
- CREDIT CARDS NOT ACCEPTED
- You will need your own lock for lockers (can be bought at the hostel)
* Half of the daily rate will be charged for late check out between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM. After 2:00 PM a full daily rate will be charged. The hostel has luggage storage.
This property has a 2 day (48hs) cancellation policy.
Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay.
During special periods like Carnival, New Year and holidays:
100% of the payment is required in advance.
If the booking is cancelled 30 days before the check-in date, 70% of the deposit value will be refunded.
If the booking is cancelled between 29 and 15 days before the check-in date, 50% of the deposit value will be refunded.
If the booking is cancelled less than15 days before the check-in date, there will be no refund.
* Shared Dorm:
Each reservation is for an individual bed, although you book the same number of beds as the room has, this doesnt guarantee that all the people are going to be in the same room.
* Under-age Policy:
Children and adolescents under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by their parents or a responsible adult, and must stay in a private room.
* Payment Options:
CREDIT CARDS NOT ACCEPTED
* Exchange Rate:
Our prices are calculated in USD. The exchange rate used is not the daily one, due to market fluctuation. The exchange rate that we use is defined by Che Lagarto. Please note that the exchange rate shown on the website can vary. Visit our website for more information.