Che Lagarto Hostel Itacaré Reviews

Rua Pedro Longo, 58, Itacare, Brazil

Best hostel I have stayed at best staff best location!

I missed the cheese at breakfast..

• 27th Sep 2014

A great hostel in itacare. In the middle of everything. The staff is helpful and nice. The atmosphere at night is great:music, dancing and of course the bar! A private bathroom to each room, always clean.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Israel

" This is the place :) "

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Argentina

When I get the hostel my reserve ny book ins't there. They find a bed after 30min and when I get into the roon it was a mess! The staff enter in a female roon to take me there with a girl changing her clothes.... So I am sorry but I had to change the place to stay and come to hi hostel in the same street.

was a good place to stay. but i was very disappointed that they charged me to much (the value you still have to pay is in US-$ and they use a worse exchange rate, so i paid the full rate plus the 10% for hostelworld), better to book direktly with che lagarto. Breakfast was good (butter, fruits, jam, cake, bread, juice) but no cheese or ham, as you usually get in brasil

We were informed that the hostel was renovated and the management changed recently. For that reason, the past reviews don't describe the excellent hostel that we stayed. Very good location, service, super clean (twice a day) and the facilities are great!

The hostel is excellent!!!

This hostel surprised me. It was much better than I thought it would be! I received a really warm welcome from the guy on reception when I arrived and all the staff from start to finish were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, the facilities were good (free internet 24 hours with a communal computer and wifi), the place was clean, I couldn't fault anything. Apparently it's recently been renovated, so that's probably why. The location was also perfect - only 5 mins from the beach :)

• 4th Aug 2013

Lockers are not safe at all, you can put your hand and take things away.

I couldn't stay at the hostel because the didn't respect the reservation. They put us in a room for 8 people (our reservation was a private room for 4 people) and the price was the same. I ask the manager to refund the reservation fee, but he couldn't help me.. waste of money and time doing the reservation.

Worst Che Lagarto we have stayed in. Breakfast ran out and wasn't replenished, wifi never worked, they charge for every little thing and when some guys never came back with the guide from one of the beaches they got held up at gun point. One toilet and shower for over 4 shared dorm rooms!! We moved after 2 nights!

The room wasnt clean, full of sand and the beds were falling apart. Furthermore it smelled musty. Both computer didnt work. The kitchen couldnt be used because of so many dirty dishes. The bathrooms were dirty old and musty as well.

Good hostel, enjoyed my stay there. The only problem was that it took a few days for them to fix the toilet in our room... but I guess that's part of the Bahian experience :) Furthermore, take into account that most of the people here are going for (lots of) beer at night and beach at day.

This is a great hostel, the biggest in itacaré and also the funnier. The atmosphere is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful. They have a bar on the second floor where you can drink and talk with other guests or staff members who also often join the party. If you want to enjoy the natural beauties of itacaré, but also have fun at night, this is the perfect place to stay. Very recommended.

• 14th Nov 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

When I turned up, the hostel receptionist was very nice, but when shown to the room there were no lockers under the bed that worked except one that contained some kind of dead plant? in a bag and stank, and the room was really dirty. Shown to another room and the lights didnt work and again no working lockers, only 1 of two computers worked, anyonw could walk in from the street. Decided to go over the road to Banana hostel and didnt regret it. The receptionist even recommended them!

It's an amazing place and gets in a strategic location: in the best street of Itacaré! The staff is so helpful and friendly and the breakfast is pretty good.

• 12th Oct 2012

I had a wonderful stay @ the CL. I was supposed to stay 3 nights and ended up staying 2 weeks.I was traveling alone, but in the Che Lagarto I met a lot of nice people and made friends easily. We went to different beaches, we did rafting and surfing together and we partied a lot. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and nice, the location is perfect, and the best is the daily breakfast . You can have coffee, juices, fruits, flakes, bred, cake, pancakes etc.

• 1st Oct 2012
  • Switzerland

I really liked this hostel. It’s social and there’s always something going on. Free internet wifi and communal computers, clean rooms and convenient location on the main road (only 10mins walk to the beach and 2 mins walk to the jungle bar, the local itacare bar). Also the hostel barman makes amazing caipirinhas, you´ll get one for free on arrival! My only complaint was that the bathroom door didn´t lock in my room, but I couldn’t complain about anything else.Loved Itacare and loved my stay!

This is a great hostel, in a great part of town. The owners are mixed racial (Irish and Ozzy) :) Two lovely people with great attitudes about life. The kitchen is big enough for several people to cook but needs more tools for said cooking activity.