Che Lagarto Hostel Lima Reviews

Pasaje Schell 121, 3er Floor, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Wanted to charge me more than I had to pay. Windows in dorm were not tight, so it became quite cold during the night.

Hello!! We are so sorry about the inconvinience, maybe the receptionist didn't see your deposit on your reservation. We will work on it!! I hope we can see you again otherwise have a great trip and thanks for staying with us!!!

Great location, nice breakfast good staff. Third che lagarto I've stayed at and they've all be really well run. Would recommend.

Hi thanks for the review and we are glad to hear that you had a good stay in our hostel. This is your home in lima. Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

The location is perfect and the staff are nice. The wifi didn't work in my dorm but it did in the common area. The beds were comfy but there was water damage on the ceiling of my dorm and bathroom and it looked liked like there was mold growing.

Hi, thanks for your comment and for staying with us, we are happy to hear you had a good time. About the inconvenience in your room thanks for tell me about this. We are working to fix it. Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

This place was pretty good to stay at. The cleanliness was a huge let down though. Each dorm has it's own bathroom and ours wasn't cleaned for two days. The bin in the toilet was overflowing. It wasn't cleaned until someone asked for it to be cleaned. The breakfast was really good though and the atmosphere was pretty good - it was a bit less social than most places though. And the 2pm check-in is a bit rough too.

Hi, thanks for your review about us. About the inconvenience we are working on it for give you a best service . We hope see you again in the future.

I was surprised this hostel was much cheaper than others very close by in the area. It has solid internet, showers, common areas and kitchen. It's also in a great place only two blocks from a supermarket. The only thing is it wasn't super easy to find. The taxi driver didn't know "pasaje schell" (it's a tiny pedestrian alley), so they need more specific instructions to the hostel once you're in the area

The kitchen is small with limited supplies,they do provide a good breakfast cereal,fruit,toast,tea or coffee.

Hi , thanks for your review . We are glad that the breakfast was good for you and about the problem with the kitchen we are gonna work on it for giving you a beter service .

Best breakfeast I've had at a hostel in South America! Whole grain toast, cereal, coffe cake, fruit.

• 24th May 2014
  • Sweden

Wifi isn't really great in the rooms but it works great in the common areas! Other than that, it's in a great location and offers good facilities. As far as safety, I felt safe being there. The staff are kind and happy to help with anything. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone!

Sí quieres aprender español, eso lugar es muy bueno. I came down to learn spanish and on average I met people from Argentina, Chile, Spain, and other people from latín América. The staff is chill, the atmosphere is chill, and all around highly recommended. It's not a "party hostel" but the parties I had there were super divertido. Definitely check it out

• 19th Apr 2014
  • TerenceS

Location is good, but it can be a bit hard to find the place. Rooms are ok, no luxuries but they have what's needed.

I liked to stay at Lima Che Largato, it is well located and it has a good wifi connection. The only bad part is that the free Pisco Sour for liking their fan page on fb was not given when required with a bad excuse.

Lacks uniqueness. Party hostel like you'd find one in any other place.

We booked a 8 bed dorm. But when we arrived they put us in a 20 bed dorm with only one bathroom, which one was always occupied and dirty. The room was smelling really bad! The staff was coming inside the room in the morning to spray deodorant around, because it was smelling so terrible. I've been travelling already since 4 month and have seen a lot of dirty places, but I really felt unwell in the big dorm... The staff was really friendly and helpful.