Che Lagarto Hostel Lima Reviews

Pasaje Schell 121, 3er Floor, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Great value hostel. A smallish, cozy hostel with a nice common/tv area. Everyone seems to always be on their smartphones though so you'll see the same faces over and over again but usually their face is in their phone. Not really a party hostel though but you can make it if you want. Small rooftop terrace, don't be fooled by the photo it's not all that nice but it's adequate for socializing. Pariwana has a really nice rooftop but I found the social area there too spread out and kind of awkward.

Thanks for your comments!! It’s good to know you like Che Lagarto Lima and we will consider your opinion to improve our hostel, have a great trip. Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

Incredible Hostel. Room very clean and spacious. Helpful staff. Nice little bar and lounge area (pool table). Even had a flat screen TV in my room !! very well located in Miraflores near the Park Kennedy and not too far from the ocean front boardwalk (Maleçon) and the Lacormar Shopping Mall. Will definitely be back !!

Thanks for the comment, we are so happy to know you liked your stay with us!! We work hard to receive comments like yours and when it happens it make us feel we are doing it good!! Have a great trip! Kind Regards, Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

Wow I could not highly recommend this hostel enough!! After staying in a not so great place with very hostile staff it was so fricking happy to come here! It's got a great vibe the staff are amazing and I stayed 3 extra nights with no hassles. I love this place and I will be staying in as many che lagartos as possible as I go down to Argentina. Love it.

We are so happy to hear you had a great stay with us!!! We are working and trying to improve our job as much as we can and hearing this comments make us so happy!! Have a great trip!!

They offer free pisco sours at the bar if you friend them on facebook! The staff are super helpful too and its in a gret neighborhood.

It looks someone like our pisco!! Thanks for the comment, its great to hear you had a good experience with us. Have a great trip, Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

One of my favorite hostels in South America! The dorm rooms have nice lockers and a nice little spot for your bags at the end of each bed. The staff were friendly and helpful if you needed anything. The kitchen was very modern for a hostel, and the breakfast was amazing. A endless buffet of cereal, chocolate and vanilla bread, cereal, milk, granola, milk, coffee, and juice.

We are glad to hear you had a great time in Che Lagarto Lima, thanks for the comment and have a great trip!! Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

The double room we had was fine, but t shower water pressure wasn't that strong and the room was a little bit dingy, but the breakfast was good and staff really helpful.

Hello and thanks for the comment!! We are so happy to hear you stayed with us at Che Lagarto Lima, we will try to improve on these so that you can come back and have a better experience. Kind Regards and have a great trip.

Thought this was a great hostel in perfect location in Miraflores area. I usually avoid chains but this was a good place. Staff was friendly, large dorms are not too cramped andthe beds were ccomfortable. Wish they had soap in dorm bathroom but other than that no complaints.

Thanks for the comment! We are so happy to know you had a great time at Che Lagarto Lima and we will consider your advice for the dorms! Have a great trip!!

Among the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Very welcoming staff, delicious breakfast, great location.

Good breakfast!

Hello!! We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast!! Have a great trip and we hope you can stay with us again!!! Thanks. Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager

Wanted to charge me more than I had to pay. Windows in dorm were not tight, so it became quite cold during the night.

Hello!! We are so sorry about the inconvinience, maybe the receptionist didn't see your deposit on your reservation. We will work on it!! I hope we can see you again otherwise have a great trip and thanks for staying with us!!!

Missing charging slots

Great location, nice breakfast good staff. Third che lagarto I've stayed at and they've all be really well run. Would recommend.

Hi thanks for the review and we are glad to hear that you had a good stay in our hostel. This is your home in lima. Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

The location is perfect and the staff are nice. The wifi didn't work in my dorm but it did in the common area. The beds were comfy but there was water damage on the ceiling of my dorm and bathroom and it looked liked like there was mold growing.

Hi, thanks for your comment and for staying with us, we are happy to hear you had a good time. About the inconvenience in your room thanks for tell me about this. We are working to fix it. Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

This place was pretty good to stay at. The cleanliness was a huge let down though. Each dorm has it's own bathroom and ours wasn't cleaned for two days. The bin in the toilet was overflowing. It wasn't cleaned until someone asked for it to be cleaned. The breakfast was really good though and the atmosphere was pretty good - it was a bit less social than most places though. And the 2pm check-in is a bit rough too.

Hi, thanks for your review about us. About the inconvenience we are working on it for give you a best service . We hope see you again in the future.

I was surprised this hostel was much cheaper than others very close by in the area. It has solid internet, showers, common areas and kitchen. It's also in a great place only two blocks from a supermarket. The only thing is it wasn't super easy to find. The taxi driver didn't know "pasaje schell" (it's a tiny pedestrian alley), so they need more specific instructions to the hostel once you're in the area

The kitchen is small with limited supplies,they do provide a good breakfast cereal,fruit,toast,tea or coffee.

Hi , thanks for your review . We are glad that the breakfast was good for you and about the problem with the kitchen we are gonna work on it for giving you a beter service .