Che Lagarto Hostel Lima Reviews

Pasaje Schell 121, 3er Floor, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

I had a great stay here. The staff were friendly and helpful. Wifi is decent and it is pretty clean and safe. I would recommend this hostel to anybody stopping in Lima.

• 1st Feb 2016

The personnel was sooo nice! Actually that was the reason that I now write this review, it is for me the first time, but they definitely deserve it! Go there and have a good time with these friendly people :)

Very good place to stay, in a good area, staff very helpful, nice atmosfere, you could cook your own dishes. I totaly recommand your stay in Lima in this hostel.

The location is very good, but the rooms and the bathrooms are very dirty. A member of the staff told us that to clean the room, we must pay her U$ 10. The wifi does not work in the room.

It was a nice place to stay in Lima, very centric. Staff (guy) was nice and helpfull but unfortunately when I called again to make another booking they lost my reservation and the girl at the reception did not make any effort to help. Besides, good place!

Es la quinta o sexta vez que vengo a Che Lagarto!! Vengo por trabajo y sin duda ha mejorado muchísimo, la limpieza, las habitaciones, los baños todo está impecable. Muy buena onda del staff!! definitivamente recomendado!

• 15th Dec 2015
  • Peru

Che Lagarto was an excellent introduction into South America for me. The staff are warm and friendly. The hostel has a great South American atmosphere with people from Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Peru. It's was so much conversing with these people. The majority of people speak good English, which I found really helpful as my Spanish is limited. It was like a little South American family. The bar staff are awesome and funny, they'll be more than happy to make you a Pisco sour.

We stayed in a private and the room was really nice and spacious with big windows opening up over Miraflores. The rest of the hostel was just ok... Kind of felt like a hospital... Cold without much character. The breakfast was average just bread and cereal. Nice enough hostel but very average.

Pues muy bueno todo!! El lugar, la limpieza, la fiesta, la ubicación. Los niños de recepción muy amables y serviciales! Definitivamente regreso!

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Place was ok but they didn't recognise the 15% deposit I paid when booking with HostelWorld, had an arguement with them but had to pay it again. Other than that everything was just ok. Have had m uch better for the money. Bedding was average at best.

• 6th Nov 2015

Great location and helpful staff! Good choice in Lima!!

No idea what is the breakfast time. Look like start from 7:30am

A decent place to stay on arriving in Lima but after staying in other hostels it seems Che Lagarto needs a bit of work. Lockers were broken so we could not lock our bags away. Bathrooms don't appear to be cleaned as often as would be good. All the same, good location and friendly welcome.

I have now stayed here twice and I love this place. Great starting point, solid free breakfast, excellent wifi for work and whatever other purposes. Miraflores can be a bit pricey but you can find cheap options anywhere. Beach is right down the main street.

• 10th Oct 2015

Our room was pretty old and terrible bath. Not a party hostel. Very poor lighting and no ventilation. Would not recommend and get back

it was a very secure place where only hostel residents could enter, the location in miraflores was perfect, during the night sometimes the music was loud but bearable, staff was helpful and was able to speak english, wifi connection great and cleanliness was alright, big commune area to get to know other people

The staff at Che Legarto are excellent. Very friendly and there is always someone who speaks English. Its been a pleasure staying here and I highly recommend it for someone looking for an affordable,quiet,clean,hostel with a perfect location in the heart of Miraflores.

• 2nd Oct 2015

They arranged a taxi pickup from the airport and also helped me to catch one as I left. The staff were all very friendly and spoke English well. The hostel is in a good location to walk around Miraflores.

very helpful staff

The matrimonial room (for couples) had two single beds together, a really smelly bathroom. I asked to change room, they provided a new one, smaller but with a regular couple bed. The bed clothes didnt seem clean. We had only 1 power plug in the room. There was a condom packing below the bed. Sometimes we had no hot water, sometimes no water at all.