Che Lagarto Hostel Lima Reviews

Pasaje Schell 121, 3er Floor, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Staff awesome, rooms clean, great area. Quite a busy hostel , very transitional as lots of people were either coming from or going to the airport. A great place to exchange advice with other travellers.

Front persons were very nice and super helpful!! One person in our group was charged more for the same room and bed that we all received and upon realizing that the staff adjusted it and was super great about it!!

Good hostel and in a great location. Depending on the people staying at the time, it can be a party hostel or a chilled one and I experienced both during my time there which was great. Bathrooms could be a bit cleaner but that's the only issue I had.

The staff here was wonderful and very helpful. The facilities were quite clean, and the breakfast was quite good. The only thing that could be improved were the bathroom facilities -- we were in a dorm with ~16 people and there was only one bathroom (in the room). There was also one unisex bathroom that had a shower in the lobby (as well as one bathroom each for men/women, but with no shower). Other than that, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our stay.

The only problem we had with this hostel is that the shower facilities were very average. Apart from that everything else in the hostel is fine. Would recommend...

It was overall a good place. The rooms are a little cramped for space and the bathrooms have horrible shower pressure and heat. But its in a good location and the staff are very friendly.

I had an excellent time at Che Lagarto Hostel Lima. Of particular note, were the staff who helped plan, book and suggest activities and restaurants throughout my stay there. They made me feel welcome and comfortable throughout my stay. I would stay there again if I were to go to Lima. What an incredible staff team.

Overrated and over priced, kitchen is pretty non existent. Shower was a dribble and not just once, everytime! The most grumpy unwelcoming staff in the world. Signs covering every wall telling you what not to do/rules. Much friendlier and welcoming hostels in Miraflores...

If each dorm had hooks on the back of the door in the bathroom that would be great for hanging clothes when showering.

• 2nd Apr 2015

The toilets were blocked and were not looked after while I was there. The overall place was clean, although the showers could do with a good scrub down and probably update it also.

Nice hostel, friendly, breakfast is great and in great location

It was a fine place to stay. Not very social but I was ready for some quiet time when I got to Lima. WiFi didn't reach the rooms but was good in the common area. The beds were comfy. Easy to walk to the beach, Kennedy Park, lots of restaurants.

Lovely small hostel. Nice atmosphere with cool lounge area with sofas and cable TV. Only breakfast was poor - two bread rolls with jam and tea.

No wifi in rooms. But worked well in common area. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Pros: Good location in Miraflores, close to shops, supermarket, food. Hice rooftop area Cons: Terrible atmosphere, everyone just sits around on their phones as wifi only available in common areas. Dont come here if you want to make friends. Nice enough for a 2 night stay but wouldnt stay any longer

Great location. Nice atmosphere, not a youth hostel. More hostel/hotel. TV in our private room. Cleaning was incomplete: hairy showed/soap leftovers, dirty towels. Tried to make us rent clean ones. A taxi to/from the airport should cost a maximum of 50 soles from Miraflores, not 70, as the front desk charges to call for you. Got the "poker face" treatment when there was no hot water. Instead of "Hmm.. That's strange." With a false smile, please just tell us it's broken, or the tank is empty.

The staff were fantastic here, extremely helpful! The rooms are nice, clean (bathrooms are reasonably clean also). Great location if you want to stay in Miraflores (not close to the old city of Lima but great part of town, exciting, safe). Security/lockers not as good as other hostels, some rooms don't have lockers and some just have small ones. I felt rather safe here and just locked my bags and left them out but may bother some people? Would stay here again :)

Good location. Simple room. No hot water for two days. Overall it was ok.

Things I liked: very helpful staff, decent breakfast (toast, cereal, tea/coffee), handy location, big lockers (able to fit all my bags and luggage), lots of bathrooms. Things I disliked: wifi in common areas only. Overall: would definitely stay again.

had a good time. Room was ok, nice, friendly and helpful staff Good located in Miraflores