Che Lagarto Hostel Lima Reviews

Pasaje Schell 121, 3er Floor, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Nice hostel, friendly, breakfast is great and in great location

It was a fine place to stay. Not very social but I was ready for some quiet time when I got to Lima. WiFi didn't reach the rooms but was good in the common area. The beds were comfy. Easy to walk to the beach, Kennedy Park, lots of restaurants.

Lovely small hostel. Nice atmosphere with cool lounge area with sofas and cable TV. Only breakfast was poor - two bread rolls with jam and tea.

No wifi in rooms. But worked well in common area. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Great location. Nice atmosphere, not a youth hostel. More hostel/hotel. TV in our private room. Cleaning was incomplete: hairy showed/soap leftovers, dirty towels. Tried to make us rent clean ones. A taxi to/from the airport should cost a maximum of 50 soles from Miraflores, not 70, as the front desk charges to call for you. Got the "poker face" treatment when there was no hot water. Instead of "Hmm.. That's strange." With a false smile, please just tell us it's broken, or the tank is empty.

The staff were fantastic here, extremely helpful! The rooms are nice, clean (bathrooms are reasonably clean also). Great location if you want to stay in Miraflores (not close to the old city of Lima but great part of town, exciting, safe). Security/lockers not as good as other hostels, some rooms don't have lockers and some just have small ones. I felt rather safe here and just locked my bags and left them out but may bother some people? Would stay here again :)

Good location. Simple room. No hot water for two days. Overall it was ok.

Things I liked: very helpful staff, decent breakfast (toast, cereal, tea/coffee), handy location, big lockers (able to fit all my bags and luggage), lots of bathrooms. Things I disliked: wifi in common areas only. Overall: would definitely stay again.

had a good time. Room was ok, nice, friendly and helpful staff Good located in Miraflores

Great value hostel. A smallish, cozy hostel with a nice common/tv area. Everyone seems to always be on their smartphones though so you'll see the same faces over and over again but usually their face is in their phone. Not really a party hostel though but you can make it if you want. Small rooftop terrace, don't be fooled by the photo it's not all that nice but it's adequate for socializing. Pariwana has a really nice rooftop but I found the social area there too spread out and kind of awkward.

Thanks for your comments!! It’s good to know you like Che Lagarto Lima and we will consider your opinion to improve our hostel, have a great trip. Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

Nice hostel overall, good wifi, nice location if you like Miraflores and you can take the metropolitano quite easily from the hostel, maybe a 15 min walk. Bathrooms in my dorm always had the floor soaking wet and pretty dirty, i had to clean it at some oint so I wouldnt be stepping in water all the time.

Incredible Hostel. Room very clean and spacious. Helpful staff. Nice little bar and lounge area (pool table). Even had a flat screen TV in my room !! very well located in Miraflores near the Park Kennedy and not too far from the ocean front boardwalk (Maleçon) and the Lacormar Shopping Mall. Will definitely be back !!

Thanks for the comment, we are so happy to know you liked your stay with us!! We work hard to receive comments like yours and when it happens it make us feel we are doing it good!! Have a great trip! Kind Regards, Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

Wow I could not highly recommend this hostel enough!! After staying in a not so great place with very hostile staff it was so fricking happy to come here! It's got a great vibe the staff are amazing and I stayed 3 extra nights with no hassles. I love this place and I will be staying in as many che lagartos as possible as I go down to Argentina. Love it.

We are so happy to hear you had a great stay with us!!! We are working and trying to improve our job as much as we can and hearing this comments make us so happy!! Have a great trip!!

They offer free pisco sours at the bar if you friend them on facebook! The staff are super helpful too and its in a gret neighborhood.

It looks someone like our pisco!! Thanks for the comment, its great to hear you had a good experience with us. Have a great trip, Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

One of my favorite hostels in South America! The dorm rooms have nice lockers and a nice little spot for your bags at the end of each bed. The staff were friendly and helpful if you needed anything. The kitchen was very modern for a hostel, and the breakfast was amazing. A endless buffet of cereal, chocolate and vanilla bread, cereal, milk, granola, milk, coffee, and juice.

We are glad to hear you had a great time in Che Lagarto Lima, thanks for the comment and have a great trip!! Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

The double room we had was fine, but t shower water pressure wasn't that strong and the room was a little bit dingy, but the breakfast was good and staff really helpful.

Hello and thanks for the comment!! We are so happy to hear you stayed with us at Che Lagarto Lima, we will try to improve on these so that you can come back and have a better experience. Kind Regards and have a great trip.

Thought this was a great hostel in perfect location in Miraflores area. I usually avoid chains but this was a good place. Staff was friendly, large dorms are not too cramped andthe beds were ccomfortable. Wish they had soap in dorm bathroom but other than that no complaints.

Thanks for the comment! We are so happy to know you had a great time at Che Lagarto Lima and we will consider your advice for the dorms! Have a great trip!!

Among the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Very welcoming staff, delicious breakfast, great location.

Good breakfast!

Hello!! We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast!! Have a great trip and we hope you can stay with us again!!! Thanks. Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager

Wanted to charge me more than I had to pay. Windows in dorm were not tight, so it became quite cold during the night.

Hello!! We are so sorry about the inconvinience, maybe the receptionist didn't see your deposit on your reservation. We will work on it!! I hope we can see you again otherwise have a great trip and thanks for staying with us!!!