Che Lagarto Hostel Lima Reviews

Pasaje Schell 121, 3er Floor, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Overrated and over priced, kitchen is pretty non existent. Shower was a dribble and not just once, everytime! The most grumpy unwelcoming staff in the world. Signs covering every wall telling you what not to do/rules. Much friendlier and welcoming hostels in Miraflores...

If each dorm had hooks on the back of the door in the bathroom that would be great for hanging clothes when showering.

• 2nd Apr 2015

The toilets were blocked and were not looked after while I was there. The overall place was clean, although the showers could do with a good scrub down and probably update it also.

Nice hostel, friendly, breakfast is great and in great location

It was a fine place to stay. Not very social but I was ready for some quiet time when I got to Lima. WiFi didn't reach the rooms but was good in the common area. The beds were comfy. Easy to walk to the beach, Kennedy Park, lots of restaurants.

Lovely small hostel. Nice atmosphere with cool lounge area with sofas and cable TV. Only breakfast was poor - two bread rolls with jam and tea.

No wifi in rooms. But worked well in common area. Very relaxed atmosphere.

Pros: Good location in Miraflores, close to shops, supermarket, food. Hice rooftop area Cons: Terrible atmosphere, everyone just sits around on their phones as wifi only available in common areas. Dont come here if you want to make friends. Nice enough for a 2 night stay but wouldnt stay any longer

Great location. Nice atmosphere, not a youth hostel. More hostel/hotel. TV in our private room. Cleaning was incomplete: hairy showed/soap leftovers, dirty towels. Tried to make us rent clean ones. A taxi to/from the airport should cost a maximum of 50 soles from Miraflores, not 70, as the front desk charges to call for you. Got the "poker face" treatment when there was no hot water. Instead of "Hmm.. That's strange." With a false smile, please just tell us it's broken, or the tank is empty.

The staff were fantastic here, extremely helpful! The rooms are nice, clean (bathrooms are reasonably clean also). Great location if you want to stay in Miraflores (not close to the old city of Lima but great part of town, exciting, safe). Security/lockers not as good as other hostels, some rooms don't have lockers and some just have small ones. I felt rather safe here and just locked my bags and left them out but may bother some people? Would stay here again :)

Good location. Simple room. No hot water for two days. Overall it was ok.

Things I liked: very helpful staff, decent breakfast (toast, cereal, tea/coffee), handy location, big lockers (able to fit all my bags and luggage), lots of bathrooms. Things I disliked: wifi in common areas only. Overall: would definitely stay again.

had a good time. Room was ok, nice, friendly and helpful staff Good located in Miraflores

Great value hostel. A smallish, cozy hostel with a nice common/tv area. Everyone seems to always be on their smartphones though so you'll see the same faces over and over again but usually their face is in their phone. Not really a party hostel though but you can make it if you want. Small rooftop terrace, don't be fooled by the photo it's not all that nice but it's adequate for socializing. Pariwana has a really nice rooftop but I found the social area there too spread out and kind of awkward.

Thanks for your comments!! It’s good to know you like Che Lagarto Lima and we will consider your opinion to improve our hostel, have a great trip. Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.

Nice hostel overall, good wifi, nice location if you like Miraflores and you can take the metropolitano quite easily from the hostel, maybe a 15 min walk. Bathrooms in my dorm always had the floor soaking wet and pretty dirty, i had to clean it at some oint so I wouldnt be stepping in water all the time.

Incredible Hostel. Room very clean and spacious. Helpful staff. Nice little bar and lounge area (pool table). Even had a flat screen TV in my room !! very well located in Miraflores near the Park Kennedy and not too far from the ocean front boardwalk (Maleçon) and the Lacormar Shopping Mall. Will definitely be back !!

Thanks for the comment, we are so happy to know you liked your stay with us!! We work hard to receive comments like yours and when it happens it make us feel we are doing it good!! Have a great trip! Kind Regards, Giancarlo Ponce, Hostel Manager.