Che Lagarto Hostel Lima Reviews

Pasaje Schell 121, 3er Floor, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

We stayed in a private ensuite with a shower and television- more like a hotel! The breakfast was fresh fruit, juice, cake, toast, cereal, coffee (in other words, awesome). Staff was very friendly and helpful.

there was a filthy smell in my bathroom.

• 20th Jun 2015

Was expecting the similar to the Che Lagarto in Santiago, Chile but unfortunately it's just a step down from that standard. Che Lagarto Lima had hot showers, very comfortable beds and secure storage, lockers etc for our gear. Quiet rooms! Unfortunately the kitchen is absolutely tiny and its difficult to get your meal cooked when there's others in the kitchen too. Staff knowledge of booking busses etc was a little limited but we figured it out. Overall a positive stay at Che Lagarto Lima.

Helpful staff and GREAT location. The bedroom and bathroom (double ensuite) weren't very clean but common areas seemed all right.

I am a digital nomad and have a requirement for fast Wifi and a good common area to work if no Cafes are available near by. I enjoyed the hostel but the inconsistent Wifi resulted in me having to leave. It sufficient for quick downloads and pulling up city information. It just didn't meet my needs. That aside it a nice chill place with solid prices and a prime location.

Fair price, very good location

There was bit of a misunderstanding between the staff and myself. I arrived quite early in the morning and the front guy didn't speak much of English and my Spanish wasn't good enough to communicate. Instead of just leaving my backpack (that's what I wanted to do) I was offered a room in 18 persons dorm.it was all sorted out by 8 am. And they have good breakfast. Location is great just few minutes walk from the Kennedy park. Would stay here again if in the area!

• 24th May 2015
  • Japan

Staff awesome, rooms clean, great area. Quite a busy hostel , very transitional as lots of people were either coming from or going to the airport. A great place to exchange advice with other travellers.

Front persons were very nice and super helpful!! One person in our group was charged more for the same room and bed that we all received and upon realizing that the staff adjusted it and was super great about it!!

Good hostel and in a great location. Depending on the people staying at the time, it can be a party hostel or a chilled one and I experienced both during my time there which was great. Bathrooms could be a bit cleaner but that's the only issue I had.

The staff here was wonderful and very helpful. The facilities were quite clean, and the breakfast was quite good. The only thing that could be improved were the bathroom facilities -- we were in a dorm with ~16 people and there was only one bathroom (in the room). There was also one unisex bathroom that had a shower in the lobby (as well as one bathroom each for men/women, but with no shower). Other than that, the beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our stay.

The only problem we had with this hostel is that the shower facilities were very average. Apart from that everything else in the hostel is fine. Would recommend...

This has to be one of the best hostels anywhere - it's location in Miraflores is safe and comfortable - and its staff are fantastic!!! Every one of them!

• 20th Apr 2015

It was overall a good place. The rooms are a little cramped for space and the bathrooms have horrible shower pressure and heat. But its in a good location and the staff are very friendly.

I had an excellent time at Che Lagarto Hostel Lima. Of particular note, were the staff who helped plan, book and suggest activities and restaurants throughout my stay there. They made me feel welcome and comfortable throughout my stay. I would stay there again if I were to go to Lima. What an incredible staff team.

Overrated and over priced, kitchen is pretty non existent. Shower was a dribble and not just once, everytime! The most grumpy unwelcoming staff in the world. Signs covering every wall telling you what not to do/rules. Much friendlier and welcoming hostels in Miraflores...

If each dorm had hooks on the back of the door in the bathroom that would be great for hanging clothes when showering.

• 2nd Apr 2015

The toilets were blocked and were not looked after while I was there. The overall place was clean, although the showers could do with a good scrub down and probably update it also.

Nice hostel, friendly, breakfast is great and in great location

It was a fine place to stay. Not very social but I was ready for some quiet time when I got to Lima. WiFi didn't reach the rooms but was good in the common area. The beds were comfy. Easy to walk to the beach, Kennedy Park, lots of restaurants.