Che Lagarto Hostel Lima Reviews

Pasaje Schell 121, 3er Floor, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Seems like quite a dingy place with nothing exciting going on. Nothing to rave on about here. Bathrooms were horrible, wifi was rubbish and the breakfast was average. Staff didnt seem too excited to be there either.

Wifi was intermittent and slow! Breakfast was also a bit naff. It had all the things that you need and was a treat in comparison to where we had been though!

Really friendly staff - told us places to go and where to eat, would definitely stay back there again!!

• 17th Aug 2015

Very effecient at all services. Perfect location. Friendly staff. They also sell Cruz del Sur bus tickets at reception which is great for onwards travel from Lima.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

I had a GREAT stay at Che Legarto. I'm a solo female traveler, so the places I stay really matter. When I arrived I was SO exhausted, had just had a horrible journey from Bolivia, missed a bus etc. & the guy at reception (Juan carlos? idk..skinny guy!) was AMAZING. He helped me SO much. Thank you!!! It was very clean, not too many people in the dorms, and the showers were the best I've had in a long time haha. I like the common area, it's fun &laidback. the location is PERFECT! great hostel stay

• 13th Aug 2015

The hostel is in a great location, close to a local supermarket where you can also buy bus tickets for Cruz del Sur. The staff are very friendly and are happy to help you out. The rooms are clean and each bed has its own locker to store valuables (bring a padlock). The hostel is also happy to keep luggage under lock and key in its luggage room until you're ready to leave. The atmosphere in the hostel is welcoming - 'tu casa es mi casa'.

The dorm we stayed in was real small for an 8 beds dorm. Luckily, my sister was the one sleeping under me because other ways I would have disturb a lot the person under me only by trying to get to my locker.

• 27th Jul 2015

The location of the hostel is GREAT ! Miraflores area is one of the best areas at Lima, walking distance from good restaurants and really close of the Plaza del Amor. Does not book the tranfers from Airport to Hostel - we paid S 68,00 and on the return, the cab billed us S 20.00 The girl at the reception during the morning billed us the exchange rate US$ 3.87. Also she billed US$ 3.00 and the boy during the night billed us US$ 1.00. We went out of hot water at the shower twice.

I sent an email to the hostel, requesting a pick up from the airport. So I got a reply from Mariana, telling me that in order for her to arrange a pickup at the airport, I must email her all my flight arrival details. So I did. One week later, I send her another email just to follow up. and she replies, in order for her to arrange a pickup at the airport, I must email her all my flight arrival details!!! (Never mind)

Good hostel in a Miraflores, which is the best location for backpackers to be in. The hostel is clean with a good atmosphere, pool table and useful staff. Only negative is the showers aren't very good, but it is certainly a good place to meet people and relax at the same time

Awesome hostel. Good atmosphere in the bar, but not a party hostel so you can chill and relax and get some sleep if that's what you want. Worth the price. Would definitely return

That's a really great hostel, I really enjoy my stay here, and the staff was really nice and helpfull!!

• 29th Jun 2015

I would suggest that the rooms removed the carpet as it can cause allergies from dust thah accumulates there.

We stayed in a private ensuite with a shower and television- more like a hotel! The breakfast was fresh fruit, juice, cake, toast, cereal, coffee (in other words, awesome). Staff was very friendly and helpful.

there was a filthy smell in my bathroom.

• 20th Jun 2015

Was expecting the similar to the Che Lagarto in Santiago, Chile but unfortunately it's just a step down from that standard. Che Lagarto Lima had hot showers, very comfortable beds and secure storage, lockers etc for our gear. Quiet rooms! Unfortunately the kitchen is absolutely tiny and its difficult to get your meal cooked when there's others in the kitchen too. Staff knowledge of booking busses etc was a little limited but we figured it out. Overall a positive stay at Che Lagarto Lima.

Helpful staff and GREAT location. The bedroom and bathroom (double ensuite) weren't very clean but common areas seemed all right.

I am a digital nomad and have a requirement for fast Wifi and a good common area to work if no Cafes are available near by. I enjoyed the hostel but the inconsistent Wifi resulted in me having to leave. It sufficient for quick downloads and pulling up city information. It just didn't meet my needs. That aside it a nice chill place with solid prices and a prime location.

Fair price, very good location

There was bit of a misunderstanding between the staff and myself. I arrived quite early in the morning and the front guy didn't speak much of English and my Spanish wasn't good enough to communicate. Instead of just leaving my backpack (that's what I wanted to do) I was offered a room in 18 persons dorm.it was all sorted out by 8 am. And they have good breakfast. Location is great just few minutes walk from the Kennedy park. Would stay here again if in the area!