Che Lagarto Hostel Lima Reviews

Pasaje Schell 121, 3er Floor, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

I can't rathis place. I got there and they were overbooked. Even when I booked with hostelworld. The reception had us walk to another hostel. Directions were off. The hostel staff at Mana hostel were really helpful and friendly.

This place was pretty good to stay at. The cleanliness was a huge let down though. Each dorm has it's own bathroom and ours wasn't cleaned for two days. The bin in the toilet was overflowing. It wasn't cleaned until someone asked for it to be cleaned. The breakfast was really good though and the atmosphere was pretty good - it was a bit less social than most places though. And the 2pm check-in is a bit rough too.

I was surprised this hostel was much cheaper than others very close by in the area. It has solid internet, showers, common areas and kitchen. It's also in a great place only two blocks from a supermarket. The only thing is it wasn't super easy to find. The taxi driver didn't know "pasaje schell" (it's a tiny pedestrian alley), so they need more specific instructions to the hostel once you're in the area

The kitchen is small with limited supplies,they do provide a good breakfast cereal,fruit,toast,tea or coffee.

Best breakfeast I've had at a hostel in South America! Whole grain toast, cereal, coffe cake, fruit.

• 24th May 2014
  • Sweden

Wifi isn't really great in the rooms but it works great in the common areas! Other than that, it's in a great location and offers good facilities. As far as safety, I felt safe being there. The staff are kind and happy to help with anything. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone!

Sí quieres aprender español, eso lugar es muy bueno. I came down to learn spanish and on average I met people from Argentina, Chile, Spain, and other people from latín América. The staff is chill, the atmosphere is chill, and all around highly recommended. It's not a "party hostel" but the parties I had there were super divertido. Definitely check it out

• 19th Apr 2014
  • TerenceS

Location is good, but it can be a bit hard to find the place. Rooms are ok, no luxuries but they have what's needed.

I liked to stay at Lima Che Largato, it is well located and it has a good wifi connection. The only bad part is that the free Pisco Sour for liking their fan page on fb was not given when required with a bad excuse.

Lacks uniqueness. Party hostel like you'd find one in any other place.

We booked a 8 bed dorm. But when we arrived they put us in a 20 bed dorm with only one bathroom, which one was always occupied and dirty. The room was smelling really bad! The staff was coming inside the room in the morning to spray deodorant around, because it was smelling so terrible. I've been travelling already since 4 month and have seen a lot of dirty places, but I really felt unwell in the big dorm... The staff was really friendly and helpful.

Cool hostel, good vibe. The rooms could be cleaner and newer, they seems to be really old. The bed cloth was also old and seems dirty.

The Che Lagarto Lima is great! Friendly staff, cool bar, the beds are confortable and there is a kitchen. The breakfast is good (with bread, butter, cereal, juice, coffee, milk...). The only thing not so good is the shower has NO HOT WATER and the EXPANSIVE EXCHANGE RATE: S/ 3,00 = 1 U$.

Althouth this hostel l was in a great location, the house cleaning was only average, the breakfast was good with lots of options, but the price was higher than I wanted. This made it hard to stay for more than 1 night. I found other hostels, not as many options, but with the price difference, and similar locations, I found I was just as happy paying less.