Che Lagarto Hostel Paraty Reviews

Rua Benina Toledo do Prado, 22, Paraty, Brazil

Loved my stay in Che Lagarto. If I had more money, I would have booked some extra time in Paraty. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome, there was always something going on, in case the nights in the town were quiet (sometimes made me want to stay in). Had genuine respect for the others' sleep, which I was so grateful for. Seemed to be that everything worked, never had to ask them for help. All in all, I loved my stay, gracias, amigos!!!

• 18th Jul 2015

Lovely hostel, great atmosphere and brilliant staff. It's good if you want to meet people for a drink or if you just want to chill out. Really enjoyed the Jeep tour with Yuri, what a great guy! Thanks!

• 14th Jul 2015

would definitely recommend the jeep tours, good value and good fun!

there's an amazing surprise awaiting every guest - monkeys in the garden! :)

Despite a bleak weather forecast Yuri was our sunshine on a couple of cloudy days, providing endless entertainment, advice, information and hospitality. We were treated like kings in this home from home. Rooms clean, food good, and social spaces excellent. For an unforgettable experience of everything Paraty has to offer and more you NEED Che Legarto in your life.

• 24th Jun 2015

The atmosphere was lovely, but lots of other things affected our stay. First night, a Sunday night, there was a DJ booth. Cool right? Except it was BEYOND loud, the only people who were dancing were staff, and everyone else, AKA all the guests, were awkwardly trying to shield from the music. It made it impossible to make conversation with anyone. Everything echoes. Locks are super heavy and noisy when opening and closing doors. Staff is a little too self-absorbed, not very approachable.

One of my favourite hostels, great atmosphere and everyone very friendly and welcoming! The only downside are the bathrooms which aren't the best!

great hostel with awesome atmosphere. would re-visit any day

It was apparent when we first arrived that the hostel is very much aimed at younger people (18-24) .The layout was fine but doesn't lend itself to those who may want to find somewhere quieter to read etc and the music is loud during the day and into the early hours of the morning. We moved rooms and the difference in volume was minimal. Staff were friendly and helpful. Advertising needs to be more explicit in the age group the hostel is aimed at.

This is a party hostel. If you're looking for a place to meet new people it's perfect. If you want go to sleep early - it might not be easy. It probably depends on the room but our was quite noisy. But in general it's a nice place. Facilities, staff, location - all good, breakfast could be better.

Bathrooms were dirty, nice breakfast and really helpful staff. Location is far from the beach

A good place to stay in Paraty and the staff are lovely. Large choice at breakfast and often cheap dinners available. I mentioned to staff that I think that people in forms should be able to rent towels as well as those in private rooms.

The atmosphere was very good and the staff absolutly nice. But one night we had a guy in our room and he don't lived in the hostel (security) and one day was no cleaning-staff in our room till 17 pm.

• 12th May 2015
  • Switzerland

Great hostel with friendly staff, not very lively though, great if you just want to relax, only criticism is the rooms are slightly dated and very small

I stayed two nights and I really liked that place. Good vibes, the staff is so helpful, good breakfast and easy place to meet people. I'll recommend that place!

Great place to stay, comfortable beds, huge lockers, friendly staff on reception.

Hostel was very clean. Good location to town and bus terminal. Breakfast good. Wifi good. Nice evening meals if you want to buy. Good trips available. Warm shower. Good atmosphere and nice outside seating. Helpful and friendly staff.

The hostel is just down the road from the bus station, close to lots of restaurants and bars and a minute's walk from the historical centre of the town. The rooms are simple but the beds are some of the best I've slept in while travelling. The bar is really nice and always has people around. Big thank you to Ray on reception who is always friendly, upbeat and happy to help!

Big hostel. Great facilities. A nice little pool. Easy easy travelling. Super nice front desk staff and bartenders etc - shout outs to Ray!!!!

Staff very helpful and friendly. 6 bed dorm was pretty cramped and bathroom a little unclean but overall facilities and experience very good

« first « Prev 1 2 3