Che Lagarto Hostel Paraty Reviews

Rua Benina Toledo do Prado, 22, Paraty, Brazil

Friendly staff and good location (as it's a small place!) but the windows didn't lock properly so didn't feel super safe. It's a big chain hostel, very backpacker oriented.

Good location good social areas and facilities with friendly helpful staff. They also put on food every night if you didn't want to go out. Only downside is the showers aren't the most powerful or the warmest and questionable stains on the sheet/bed divan but it's a hostel after all! Oh and a random cleaner tried to come into or room in the middle of the night whilst we were sleeping which was very strange...

Great hostel with all the basic amenities met for travelers. Hostel staffs Julien and Gabriela were extremely friendly and helpful with our needs and requests! They gave us recommendations on where to visit and how to get around. Everyone was really friendly and my friend and I definitely had a great time there. The only small issue we faced was the slow Wifi. Other than that it was awesome.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Singapore

My friends and I stayed for a weekend in the hostels and the staff were very receptive, the breakfast is excellent. Also, its a cheap place to stay and its comfortable.

Ok hostel. Many cctv cams. Very clean (stay in double room), but atmosphere is just not existing. Overall functional and well located, near to bus station - you want to daytrip to laranjeiras and praia do sono or trindad anyways, which is just a 45min bus ride away.

Friendly staff and secure hostel. The rooms smelled a little bad (could have just been another backpacker in our room - not sure where the smell came from to be honest) and the location could have been better. Either way though the rooms were clean for the most part and everything else was walking distance, just took a little while to get to the beaches. Absolutely beautiful area though.

We stayed in a double room that was really clean, lovely room. It is a great hostel with a good atmosphere. The staff were all really helpful, and the location is great. The hostel runs some really good tours as well.

Great location and overall nice hostel, the rooms could use some updating.

• 20th Jul 2015

Loved my stay in Che Lagarto. If I had more money, I would have booked some extra time in Paraty. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome, there was always something going on, in case the nights in the town were quiet (sometimes made me want to stay in). Had genuine respect for the others' sleep, which I was so grateful for. Seemed to be that everything worked, never had to ask them for help. All in all, I loved my stay, gracias, amigos!!!

• 18th Jul 2015

Lovely hostel, great atmosphere and brilliant staff. It's good if you want to meet people for a drink or if you just want to chill out. Really enjoyed the Jeep tour with Yuri, what a great guy! Thanks!

• 14th Jul 2015

would definitely recommend the jeep tours, good value and good fun!

there's an amazing surprise awaiting every guest - monkeys in the garden! :)

Despite a bleak weather forecast Yuri was our sunshine on a couple of cloudy days, providing endless entertainment, advice, information and hospitality. We were treated like kings in this home from home. Rooms clean, food good, and social spaces excellent. For an unforgettable experience of everything Paraty has to offer and more you NEED Che Legarto in your life.

• 24th Jun 2015

The atmosphere was lovely, but lots of other things affected our stay. First night, a Sunday night, there was a DJ booth. Cool right? Except it was BEYOND loud, the only people who were dancing were staff, and everyone else, AKA all the guests, were awkwardly trying to shield from the music. It made it impossible to make conversation with anyone. Everything echoes. Locks are super heavy and noisy when opening and closing doors. Staff is a little too self-absorbed, not very approachable.

One of my favourite hostels, great atmosphere and everyone very friendly and welcoming! The only downside are the bathrooms which aren't the best!

great hostel with awesome atmosphere. would re-visit any day

It was apparent when we first arrived that the hostel is very much aimed at younger people (18-24) .The layout was fine but doesn't lend itself to those who may want to find somewhere quieter to read etc and the music is loud during the day and into the early hours of the morning. We moved rooms and the difference in volume was minimal. Staff were friendly and helpful. Advertising needs to be more explicit in the age group the hostel is aimed at.

This is a party hostel. If you're looking for a place to meet new people it's perfect. If you want go to sleep early - it might not be easy. It probably depends on the room but our was quite noisy. But in general it's a nice place. Facilities, staff, location - all good, breakfast could be better.

Bathrooms were dirty, nice breakfast and really helpful staff. Location is far from the beach

A good place to stay in Paraty and the staff are lovely. Large choice at breakfast and often cheap dinners available. I mentioned to staff that I think that people in forms should be able to rent towels as well as those in private rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3