Che Lagarto Hostel Paraty Reviews

Rua Benina Toledo do Prado, 22, Paraty, Brazil

The hostel is just down the road from the bus station, close to lots of restaurants and bars and a minute's walk from the historical centre of the town. The rooms are simple but the beds are some of the best I've slept in while travelling. The bar is really nice and always has people around. Big thank you to Ray on reception who is always friendly, upbeat and happy to help!

Big hostel. Great facilities. A nice little pool. Easy easy travelling. Super nice front desk staff and bartenders etc - shout outs to Ray!!!!

Staff very helpful and friendly. 6 bed dorm was pretty cramped and bathroom a little unclean but overall facilities and experience very good

Fantastic atmosphere , very social hostel with a great outdoor area . Swimming pool is a lot smaller than it looks in the photos but that doesn't matter, they put on awesome meals every night and good music along with a nice bar

Between HostelWorld and che lagarto they double charged deposit, contacted hostelworld regarding the matter and they were useless..

• 6th Apr 2015

We were welcomed by Paty, very warm welcomed to a very nice place ! The staff was cool and smiling, even just for a night, it's a place you've to stop by !

Awesome staff, good breakfast, good location, overall a great hostel.

Very nice hostel with great bar and helpful staff. Rooms and beds were clean and hostel common areas very nice. Good location close to everything! Remember to have your own lock for the locker. Could have more toilets!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Upon arrival we were charged the full amount for our stay and the deposit i payed through hostelworld. Making me wear a wrist belt made me and my girlfriend feel somewhat uncomfortable. It feels like you are staying in a prison in stead of being a guest in some place. Maybe younger people like identifying themselves with che lagarto by wearing such a belt but we did not. It also does not really work. After we took off our wrist belts nobody asked us anything. So much for a security measure.

I had a great experience at Che Lagarto Hostel, Yuri and Ray and the girls made a great reception and always make sure that everyone is having a good time, the barman (Fernando) is a great guy and made great drinks, but the prices in the Bar is a little bit high.

We had a great time at Che Lagarto. It was clean, friendly and had a great atmosphere. I highly reccomend people to do the boat tour that they offer throughout the Paraty islands.

Probably the best hostel in Paraty and also probably because one of the staff members: Yuri. When we arrived, Yuri helped us find things to do and even on his day off he took us on a private tour arround. Besides that, the hostel facilities and atmosphere was great, also thanks to live performances at night. The only bad thing is that I had trouble with is that some girls in the reception were confused and thought I didn't pay for a few nights, so make should you sort this out on check-in.

Stayed here quite a few days & it was nice. The location is great, the staff is beyond amazing (everyone is so nice and always willing to help), the security is great (wish they didnt use wristbands though). The only bad thing is the restrooms in the dorms get dirty fast and are only cleaned once a day unless you ask them to clean it. The dorms also need HOOKS to hang things. The kitchen for the guest is horrible; it barely has what you need to cook a meal & what is there looks old.

We stayed here for two nights, the hostel itself is nice and welcoming, clean, a good atmosphere and the staff are great! We stayed in a private double and this wasn't as clean and the shower was very temperamental. Other than that it's a fairly decent choice.

Great hostel all the staff were really helpful and friendly, always willing to help. Good laundry service, and always something at night. Shoutout to Yuri always wanting to help being friendly and showing people local nightlife!

Good hostel in the centre of town, excellent staff who were very helpful special mention to Yuri who was always there to help.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Best choice of Paraty!!! Good hostel, and Yuri(Staff) is very funny!! I recommend JIP TOUR with Robert (guide), was very good!!! Thanks

Che lagarto paraty is a lovely youth hostel, the staff is super nice and willing to make your stay special. There are events everyday and despite the rain, me and my friend had a lot of fun there. The breakfast is simple but does the job. You can walk to the historical center and there are restaurants near the hostel as well. I recommend che lagarto!!

Didn't really like the rooms. Were not very clean and comfortable. But the hostel it self is nice. Welcoming staff and good bar and facilities, which made the atmosphere really nice. Good location. The directions to the hostel from the busstation could have been better though. Didn't reallt felt safe arriving after dark.

Great location, staff was really friendly and great! One thing that was REALLY INCONVENIENT was that I booked a reservation for 6 people, over a month in advance as a 6 person dorm reservation. They ended up splitting my 6 person reservation into two rooms... Then they said there was no way to house us all together. Also, need more lockers for when people arrive early and can't check in yet. Little odd that breakfast was just fruit and bread, no cheese or ham.