Che Lagarto Hostel Paraty Reviews

Rua Benina Toledo do Prado, 22, Paraty, Brazil

Great hostel all the staff were really helpful and friendly, always willing to help. Good laundry service, and always something at night. Shoutout to Yuri always wanting to help being friendly and showing people local nightlife!

Good hostel in the centre of town, excellent staff who were very helpful special mention to Yuri who was always there to help.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Best choice of Paraty!!! Good hostel, and Yuri(Staff) is very funny!! I recommend JIP TOUR with Robert (guide), was very good!!! Thanks

Che lagarto paraty is a lovely youth hostel, the staff is super nice and willing to make your stay special. There are events everyday and despite the rain, me and my friend had a lot of fun there. The breakfast is simple but does the job. You can walk to the historical center and there are restaurants near the hostel as well. I recommend che lagarto!!

Didn't really like the rooms. Were not very clean and comfortable. But the hostel it self is nice. Welcoming staff and good bar and facilities, which made the atmosphere really nice. Good location. The directions to the hostel from the busstation could have been better though. Didn't reallt felt safe arriving after dark.

Great location, staff was really friendly and great! One thing that was REALLY INCONVENIENT was that I booked a reservation for 6 people, over a month in advance as a 6 person dorm reservation. They ended up splitting my 6 person reservation into two rooms... Then they said there was no way to house us all together. Also, need more lockers for when people arrive early and can't check in yet. Little odd that breakfast was just fruit and bread, no cheese or ham.

One of the best hostels I've ever been. I guess the only thing that border me, were expensive day trips. Afkors they need to have a commission, but if you travel on the low travel budget, you can find cheaper option in the town. just talk with the people. But hostel itself was amazing. positive / travel quotes written on the walls, chilling garden with hammocks, swimming pool (appropriate just for cooling your legs), excellent breakfast and creative pool and table football ;) It inspired me;)

My stay at Che Lagarto was pleasant overall. The staff is friendly, the location ideal - a 5 minute walk to both the bus station and the historic centre - and the general atmosphere is nice. Our dorm was rather damp however (room no. 3) so I would recommend that get fixed. The internet connection was unbearably slow! The hostel was very busy so if you're looking for action it's great but if you're looking for a bit more peace and quiet try somewhere else. And the tours they offer are expensive!

Loved my stay so no complaints at all. Really helpful staff, good facilities, good location. Highly recommend.

Great hostel in a brilliant location. Staff a little unhelpful when we tried to book the rafting experience so we went and booked directly. Would recommend.

Really friendly, energetic and english-speaking (important!) staff. The hostel is very well-organised. Would be perfect if there are more places to hang wet clothes, since it rains often in Paraty and there is a high chance that your belongings get wet. Breakfast is really good by hostel standards. There is a musty smell in the hostel rooms due to the air-condition and the general high humidity. Met many cool people there, has a really good vibe.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

going to spend a night at che lagarto in paraty is like going to the pub for one drink... you go for one, stay for four and leave after ten. all of which is down to the efforts of the staff - reception, bar, cleaning, cooking staff, all great to interact with. special mention to the argentinian girl at reception, the one that needs to stand on a chair to see over the desk - Laura or Paula or Marcela or something like that I think? - whose enthusiasm for the town is completely infectious. Recomme

this hostel is cosy. everyone is super friendly. staff paula and gabrielle were excellent, always smiling and happy to help. they gave very clear and detailed information on travel options.

Clean bathrooms, good vibe, made some good friends I hung out with throughout my stay, helpful staff, nothing as such to dislike. I was even put in a room with 5 other girls (I'm a guy), so it wasn't too shabby ;-) However, the one and only (albeit trivial) gripe I have is that the lockers are kind of hard to close. I wish they had better lockers.. But that's it basically

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The common area was great with loads of tables, chairs, a pool and a chill out area with hammocks and cushions. The room was very clean and secure. They had a BBQ one night and the food was outstanding. I also went on the boat trip organised by the hostel which was great. The staff are the best thing about the hostel, one staff member even contacted another hostel for me to help change my booking. the locations is also excellent, very close to the town

Great hostel! For every reason you could think of.

I arrived and I was informed that my reservation had been cancelled (although the status of reservation is OK in HostelWorld). After some discussion with Paula - the staff manager - it was arranged a room. Despite of this unnecessary experience during the check in, the hostel is good.

Very good!

Enjoyed my stay here. Loved the hammocks in the garden area! Staff were very helfpul.

The staff and general vibe here were a dream. Everyone was so welcoming staff were incredibly helpful and there was plenty to do all within the hostel. Great set up. Since having left the hostel I have come up with a few bites which I think are bed bug bites, they definitely aren't mosquito bites, they are much smaller. I wasn't aware of this at the time but I think the mattress I was on maybe needs to be replaced or cleaned just in case. Thanks anyway for a great time Che Lagarto! :)