Che Lagarto Hostel Paraty Reviews

Rua Benina Toledo do Prado, 22, Paraty, Brazil

Very nice hostel with great bar and helpful staff. Rooms and beds were clean and hostel common areas very nice. Good location close to everything! Remember to have your own lock for the locker. Could have more toilets!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Upon arrival we were charged the full amount for our stay and the deposit i payed through hostelworld. Making me wear a wrist belt made me and my girlfriend feel somewhat uncomfortable. It feels like you are staying in a prison in stead of being a guest in some place. Maybe younger people like identifying themselves with che lagarto by wearing such a belt but we did not. It also does not really work. After we took off our wrist belts nobody asked us anything. So much for a security measure.

I had a great experience at Che Lagarto Hostel, Yuri and Ray and the girls made a great reception and always make sure that everyone is having a good time, the barman (Fernando) is a great guy and made great drinks, but the prices in the Bar is a little bit high.

We had a great time at Che Lagarto. It was clean, friendly and had a great atmosphere. I highly reccomend people to do the boat tour that they offer throughout the Paraty islands.

Probably the best hostel in Paraty and also probably because one of the staff members: Yuri. When we arrived, Yuri helped us find things to do and even on his day off he took us on a private tour arround. Besides that, the hostel facilities and atmosphere was great, also thanks to live performances at night. The only bad thing is that I had trouble with is that some girls in the reception were confused and thought I didn't pay for a few nights, so make should you sort this out on check-in.

Stayed here quite a few days & it was nice. The location is great, the staff is beyond amazing (everyone is so nice and always willing to help), the security is great (wish they didnt use wristbands though). The only bad thing is the restrooms in the dorms get dirty fast and are only cleaned once a day unless you ask them to clean it. The dorms also need HOOKS to hang things. The kitchen for the guest is horrible; it barely has what you need to cook a meal & what is there looks old.

We stayed here for two nights, the hostel itself is nice and welcoming, clean, a good atmosphere and the staff are great! We stayed in a private double and this wasn't as clean and the shower was very temperamental. Other than that it's a fairly decent choice.

Great hostel all the staff were really helpful and friendly, always willing to help. Good laundry service, and always something at night. Shoutout to Yuri always wanting to help being friendly and showing people local nightlife!

Good hostel in the centre of town, excellent staff who were very helpful special mention to Yuri who was always there to help.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Best choice of Paraty!!! Good hostel, and Yuri(Staff) is very funny!! I recommend JIP TOUR with Robert (guide), was very good!!! Thanks

Che lagarto paraty is a lovely youth hostel, the staff is super nice and willing to make your stay special. There are events everyday and despite the rain, me and my friend had a lot of fun there. The breakfast is simple but does the job. You can walk to the historical center and there are restaurants near the hostel as well. I recommend che lagarto!!

Didn't really like the rooms. Were not very clean and comfortable. But the hostel it self is nice. Welcoming staff and good bar and facilities, which made the atmosphere really nice. Good location. The directions to the hostel from the busstation could have been better though. Didn't reallt felt safe arriving after dark.

Great location, staff was really friendly and great! One thing that was REALLY INCONVENIENT was that I booked a reservation for 6 people, over a month in advance as a 6 person dorm reservation. They ended up splitting my 6 person reservation into two rooms... Then they said there was no way to house us all together. Also, need more lockers for when people arrive early and can't check in yet. Little odd that breakfast was just fruit and bread, no cheese or ham.

One of the best hostels I've ever been. I guess the only thing that border me, were expensive day trips. Afkors they need to have a commission, but if you travel on the low travel budget, you can find cheaper option in the town. just talk with the people. But hostel itself was amazing. positive / travel quotes written on the walls, chilling garden with hammocks, swimming pool (appropriate just for cooling your legs), excellent breakfast and creative pool and table football ;) It inspired me;)

My stay at Che Lagarto was pleasant overall. The staff is friendly, the location ideal - a 5 minute walk to both the bus station and the historic centre - and the general atmosphere is nice. Our dorm was rather damp however (room no. 3) so I would recommend that get fixed. The internet connection was unbearably slow! The hostel was very busy so if you're looking for action it's great but if you're looking for a bit more peace and quiet try somewhere else. And the tours they offer are expensive!

Loved my stay so no complaints at all. Really helpful staff, good facilities, good location. Highly recommend.

Great hostel in a brilliant location. Staff a little unhelpful when we tried to book the rafting experience so we went and booked directly. Would recommend.

Really friendly, energetic and english-speaking (important!) staff. The hostel is very well-organised. Would be perfect if there are more places to hang wet clothes, since it rains often in Paraty and there is a high chance that your belongings get wet. Breakfast is really good by hostel standards. There is a musty smell in the hostel rooms due to the air-condition and the general high humidity. Met many cool people there, has a really good vibe.

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Taiwan

going to spend a night at che lagarto in paraty is like going to the pub for one drink... you go for one, stay for four and leave after ten. all of which is down to the efforts of the staff - reception, bar, cleaning, cooking staff, all great to interact with. special mention to the argentinian girl at reception, the one that needs to stand on a chair to see over the desk - Laura or Paula or Marcela or something like that I think? - whose enthusiasm for the town is completely infectious. Recomme

this hostel is cosy. everyone is super friendly. staff paula and gabrielle were excellent, always smiling and happy to help. they gave very clear and detailed information on travel options.