Che Lagarto Hostel Salvador Reviews

Av. Oce�nica 84 B, Barra Beach, Salvador, Brazil

This hostel doesn't reflect the quality received at other Che's. Our dorm didn't open from outside, so we had to keep keys in keyhole outside which is a fire hazard to say the least. The toilet didn't always flush. The place needs a re-paint. The air con was set so wasn't allowed on very often. I prefered staying in old town, but it is on the beach although Salvador doesn't have a great beach. Some of the staff were very nice.

This is quiet possibly one of the worst places I have stayed in. The location is great and that is the only good thing about it. First they bathroom in the all-female dormitory was absolutely disgusting. I think it had not been cleaned for more than 5 days. I never saw anyone cleaning staff in the whole hostel. Second they have the most idiotic key system. Each room has only one key and in the dorm you have to coordinate with other people in order not to get locked out when others go to sleep.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Hostel well located, just in front of the beach in the barra neighborood. Good atmosphere, free internet and excellent free breakfast, all at a bargain price. I would have stayed more if it was the high season. Luca

good position. very old and tiny rooms.

• 6th May 2014

Horrible hostel! The staff is ujnfriendly! The internet sucks and the rooms were dirty Common areas are bad. When I left jthey wanted to charge me more money! Hate it

• 5th Mar 2014