Che Lagarto Hostel Salvador Reviews

Av. Oce�nica 84 B, Barra Beach, Salvador, Brazil

Brillant location by the beach, but lacking in atmosphere like other hostel such as Che Salguero in town.

This hostel is next to the beach, which is nice however it's quite far from the rest of the city (historical center). Also if you really want to enjoy the beach you often go to another beach anyways. The staff is very friendly, but only a few speaks English. Unfortunately, the rooms are not very clean.

This hostel doesn't reflect the quality received at other Che's. Our dorm didn't open from outside, so we had to keep keys in keyhole outside which is a fire hazard to say the least. The toilet didn't always flush. The place needs a re-paint. The air con was set so wasn't allowed on very often. I prefered staying in old town, but it is on the beach although Salvador doesn't have a great beach. Some of the staff were very nice.

This is quiet possibly one of the worst places I have stayed in. The location is great and that is the only good thing about it. First they bathroom in the all-female dormitory was absolutely disgusting. I think it had not been cleaned for more than 5 days. I never saw anyone cleaning staff in the whole hostel. Second they have the most idiotic key system. Each room has only one key and in the dorm you have to coordinate with other people in order not to get locked out when others go to sleep.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Hostel well located, just in front of the beach in the barra neighborood. Good atmosphere, free internet and excellent free breakfast, all at a bargain price. I would have stayed more if it was the high season. Luca

good position. very old and tiny rooms.

• 6th May 2014

Horrible hostel! The staff is ujnfriendly! The internet sucks and the rooms were dirty Common areas are bad. When I left jthey wanted to charge me more money! Hate it

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Chile

This hostel is awesome. Maybe one of the best you'll stay. Huge house, front ocean view, rooftop bar. It looks like one of the expensive restuant or house on the beachfront but it's for backpackers. It doesn't feel like a hostel, and that{s what makes it awesome. It's spacious, popular with tourists but never feel crowed. Staffs are helpful and fun to hang out with. Only the dorm, beds are side by side and some bathroom you can't use toilet if someone is in shower, would be great if rearrange.

Nice deck to chil out in the evening

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

The breakfast is served to late (8 o'clok a.m)

Really a dirty place, met a cockroach in the kitchen! Bathrooms are cleaned daily, but the kitchen is in terrible condition. Also, poorly equipped, if you plan to cook... No individual lights, no place to put a book or your glasses or whatever you need close ad night.

My camera was stolen by cleaning ladies.

• 29th Jul 2013

Our stay at Che Lagarto was the best idea we had in Brazil... The hotel is very good value and its situation is perfect. In a very nice district, perfectly safe, we could enjoyed the bars and restaurants with little walks... But what we prefered was the so kind staff of Che Lagarto, they helped us a lot and are very friendly! That´s why we came back when we had to be back in Sao Paulo...

• 10th Jun 2013

Be aware of the service fees not mentioned on Hostelworld.

There were some works going on at the hostel at that stage. As far as I can see on the pictures now, It looks much nicer. The terrace is amazing, I must say. For me, the worse was the cleanliness on the toilets. Personally, I will keep someone taking care of this but it is also true that most of the times, we, the travellers, are out of the hostel.

Dirty, the light in the bedroom wasn't working, the shower gave you electric shock. It's really well located, though. Close to many bars and restaurants and in front of the beach.

Excelente HOsel super amplio y muy bien ubicado , si volviera a Salvador me quedaria ahi sin duda!

• 27th Feb 2013
  • Mexico

I liked the hostel but I think it could be way better, a lot of potential. When I was there they were doing a lot of work but it seemed to only be to the outside areas and cosmetic. The rooms and bathrooms need a lot of work. They bathrooms feel damp and mouldy as there is no fresh air or natural lights and the bedrooms have air con but only at night and no fans so it is boiling at any time during the day.

Dirty, loud, hot- they turn off the air condition during the day- you couldn´t stay in the room for more than 2 minutes. Water dosn´t work sometimes-and the security didn´t care about 4 hookers some drunk guys brought into the hostel.. Staff is nice though-

It's good value for the money if you consider it`s in fact very cheap. And the breakfast is honest. But the rooms are not an example of cleanliness and much less the bathroom.

• 15th Nov 2012