Che Lagarto Hostel Salvador Reviews

Av. Oce�nica 84 B, Barra Beach, Salvador, Brazil

Horrible hostel! The staff is ujnfriendly! The internet sucks and the rooms were dirty Common areas are bad. When I left jthey wanted to charge me more money! Hate it

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Chile

Nice deck to chil out in the evening

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

The breakfast is served to late (8 o'clok a.m)

Really a dirty place, met a cockroach in the kitchen! Bathrooms are cleaned daily, but the kitchen is in terrible condition. Also, poorly equipped, if you plan to cook... No individual lights, no place to put a book or your glasses or whatever you need close ad night.

My camera was stolen by cleaning ladies.

• 29th Jul 2013

Our stay at Che Lagarto was the best idea we had in Brazil... The hotel is very good value and its situation is perfect. In a very nice district, perfectly safe, we could enjoyed the bars and restaurants with little walks... But what we prefered was the so kind staff of Che Lagarto, they helped us a lot and are very friendly! That´s why we came back when we had to be back in Sao Paulo...

• 10th Jun 2013

Be aware of the service fees not mentioned on Hostelworld.

There were some works going on at the hostel at that stage. As far as I can see on the pictures now, It looks much nicer. The terrace is amazing, I must say. For me, the worse was the cleanliness on the toilets. Personally, I will keep someone taking care of this but it is also true that most of the times, we, the travellers, are out of the hostel.

Dirty, the light in the bedroom wasn't working, the shower gave you electric shock. It's really well located, though. Close to many bars and restaurants and in front of the beach.

Excelente HOsel super amplio y muy bien ubicado , si volviera a Salvador me quedaria ahi sin duda!

• 27th Feb 2013
  • Mexico

I liked the hostel but I think it could be way better, a lot of potential. When I was there they were doing a lot of work but it seemed to only be to the outside areas and cosmetic. The rooms and bathrooms need a lot of work. They bathrooms feel damp and mouldy as there is no fresh air or natural lights and the bedrooms have air con but only at night and no fans so it is boiling at any time during the day.

Dirty, loud, hot- they turn off the air condition during the day- you couldn´t stay in the room for more than 2 minutes. Water dosn´t work sometimes-and the security didn´t care about 4 hookers some drunk guys brought into the hostel.. Staff is nice though-

It's good value for the money if you consider it`s in fact very cheap. And the breakfast is honest. But the rooms are not an example of cleanliness and much less the bathroom.

• 15th Nov 2012

I had stayed before at Che Lagarto Salvador and had no complaints of it, thats why I chose it for my second visit. But when I arrived I discovered that the where doing reforms at the place,it was full of dust and construction material. The staff was very gentle and did their best but I think this kind of thing should be advised when booking. I was traveling with my pregnant girlfriend and had to go to another hostel and lost the deposit money. Other than that I think is a very nice place...

Amazing location, amazing facilities. the terrace looking to the ocean is to die for. the could improve the breakfast and the fun party area, though.

The hostel was quite dirty. The bathrooms in the dorms do not have ventilation or windows so they end up smelling out the room. The hostel is away from the historic centre and the beach isn't great. The staff weren't that friendly and didn't seem to know about Barra. The kitchen was ok and Breakfast was good. I have stayed in two other Che Lagarto Hostels and this doesn't come anywhere close. The chain owner really needs to invest some money and employ some happy staff.

The rooms were a bit cramped and stuffy, and the bathroom was notoriously dirty. The chillout areas are good: terraces, hammocks, great. Wi-fi only downstairs. The nearby beach is nothing special, but 15 min by bus that stops right in front of the hostel will take you to better beaches. And 20min in the other direction is the old town (Pelhourinho). If you're aiming for one or the other, base yourself there instead.

The hostel is very well located, close to the main points of Salvador. There is a very nice bar where you can enjoy your nights. The only point is that the staff didn't know how to provide information to get to some points of the city.

• 20th Jul 2012

I was in a private room with bathroom. It was lovely, thus the showe didnt has a compelete door >S.. The breakfast, just as the other che lagartos hostel that ive been, needs to hace a protein!!! i mean, you can not have a breakfast just with fruit and bread!!!.. thats not a worthy breakfast !! The staff was okay, but just one of all of them was really into the job of giving you information valuable. The movies that offerd there, they should work, and also, they should have more brasilian cinema

We rent a double room there. It was clean and big and we had hot water. But the bed was really small (my 6"3 boyfriend didn't fit in it), and in the morning it was really really sunny (no curtain on the window). The breakfast was poor. And I think it was a bit expensive. No computers were working. But they had wifi! Overall I think you can find nicer hotel for the same price! The location was great, near the beach and rio vermellho. but far from the city center!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4