Che Lagarto Hostel Trindade Reviews

Dr. Sobral Pinto 59, Vila de Trindade, Trindade, Brazil

The hostel is very expensive for the services which are offered to the travelers. The location is pretty good but the facility and cleanliness are very poor.

• 18th Jun 2014

I only stayed there for one night, even though I had a reservation for four nights. When I arrived the receptionist told me they didn't find my reservation and that they only had the room I wanted (4 beds) for the first night. He also told me that he couldn't do anything about the reservation fee that I had already payed. I didn't see much of the place as I only stayed one night and even though it looks like a good place I would never ever even think about staying there again. Such disrespect!

It's a very nice hostel, with na excelente location. I loved the billiards table in the common room! Just one problem: they didn't know I had a booking the day I arrived... fortunately there was na available room for me...

Great location, hostel has the makings of a great hostel however a lot of things were poor 1. first room (001) was clean and just decorated, however AC was broken and the drain became blocked on first day and had to insist on changing rooms, staff wanted us to stay there with a blocked drain. 2nd room needs decorating, AC sounded like a freight train and was woken in the night by two Chilean girls playing kill the cockroach 2.breakfast poor 3. Wifi painfully slow 4. 'Pool' is the size of my foot

So many mosquitoes. The room was filled with them basically. At least they were lethargic and easy to kill. Plus (as noted by the front desk guy) if you turn up the AC (which fortunately does get very cold) they'll stop buzzing around your face. Located right next to a t-shirt shop/bar with great live music on Thursdays and Saturdays until midnight. Check it out, but you will hear it if you're trying to sleep.

In general the hostel was god. The big problem was: I booked a 4-person room, and in the first day they give me a 8-person room (all the 4-person room was full). It was probably a problem in Che Lagarto central administration (not a mistake made by this hostel staff), but anyway, it's a big problem. Besides this, the hostel is ok. I would probably stay there again.

Trindade implies peace of mind and tranquility - each one chooses a way to get that and I was lucky to stay at Che. Facilities, location, staff and breakfast couldn't be any better! No curfew - for the followers of the "no one sleeps in Trindade" saying, that is quite useful. The only thing I'd warn upcoming visitors is that you can't always count on a hot shower. But then I guess it's an issue the village itself has always had. Anyway, I highly recommend it and I'll definitely stay there again!

Located right near where you get off the bus from Paraty, and just a 5 minute walk from the beach! It’s clean, great beds & facilities and really helpful, enthusiastic staff – thanks Abu, Iam and Johnny! We had a lot of fun at the hostel bar playing foosball and darts. Always good music playing and good company. Trinidade is an awesome town, although the surf wasn’t great when I was there I was told it usually is. I’d definitely recommend this town and hostel to anyone travelling in Brazil.