Che Lagarto Hostel and Suites Foz do Iguaçu Reviews

Avenida Juscelino Kubitschek, 874 Centro, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Great value for money, more like a hotel considering the facilities, breakfast etc ! Really nice stay! One of the best hostels in Brazil for sure!

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in my life! Definetely worth the money (which was really cheap). I don't know how could it be any better. Location, breakfast, staff, everything was great.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Thanks for all your service. Good luck.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

This really is the best of both worlds as it's like a hotel but social like a hostel. The breakfast is amazing, sunset drinks on the terrace, beautiful clean modern rooms, close to stores, and the staff are above all else- amazing. If I had more space to write I would! They REALLY go out of their way to help you(I hurt my foot in Rio and they took me to see a doctor, get a moon boot etc.. You won't regret staying here for any reason. Thank you so much for having me!!

This hostel is amazing!! I really enjoyed my stay there. The rooms are very clean and the beds very comfy :) The breakfast is great...youu can choose from different types of bread, fruits, cakes and natural Juices. The best part of the hostel is the staff! Very friendly, helpful and always happy! I also enjoyed the free Caipirinhas watching the sunset every afternoon from the rooftop of the hostel! For m the best hostel I´ve ever stayed in!

• 20th Aug 2014

Che Lagarto is a newly opened hostel/hotel. My room was spotless, spacious, had a large flatscreen tv, good hot shower and a nice view. The hostel is safe, and it's location is central, close to tasty restaurants. The staff are extremely friendly and happy to help plan your visit to the nearby attractions - A special mention to Veronica for her friendly help! The hostel has a good atmosphere - it has a bar & nightly drinks on the roof to watch sunset. The breakfast is out-of-this world amazing!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far. Clean. Noce beds. Friendly and very helpful staff and a great buffet. In some aspects mentioned above hotel quality. Also great is the roof terrace on top of the 8th floor with a good view over Foz and Ciudad del Este and a Yacuzzi.

We stayed there just 1 Night, after staying two nights on the argentinian side which is cheaper. We booked two dorm beds and got an upgrade to a double room, very nice! The atmosphere is quite sterile and the receptionist we welcomed us was not very helpful with finding an ATM (HSBC in parallel street works with credit cards). In Chile

Amazing value for the money, not far away from thecentral bus termijnal, dedicated staff, one of the bestexperiences i had in Brazil.

Very nice room with clean sheets and a nice bathroom with hot shower. THE BEST BREAKFAST - lots of choice. Not true to call it a hostel - good for couples but bad for a solo traveller. Staff were really nice but could have more info on the buses to the falls and to Argentina etc. Really enjoyed our stay.

The breakfast at this place is Un real, if you like a good feed in the morning definitely stay here. I can't really comment on much as it had just opened and there was a lot of changes going on to help improve it, like building a bar in there and making a better common room. I think that once they have everything sorted this hostel will be the best in foz de iguacu.

The breakfast spread was amazing, no bunks is always a treat, and it is super clean, however there is not really a common area and it is a very sterile environment.

It really is a hotel, but with random people in your room. So, no hostel atmosphere, but very calm. Breakfast is good, you have things to choose from. Speaking only for my room and the time I stayed: a lot of small ants everywhere, including bed. Hope this was temporary.

I wouldnt say that Che Lagarto in Iguaçu is a hostel. It' is a hotel. It doesnt have any hostel vibe. Maybe it's the lack of communal spot but it sure doesn't feel like a hostel. Your shared room is just a normal hotel room with 3 beds added that makes it weird.. For a budget hotel it's definitely a good option but not for solo travelers or anybody who's trying to get a friendly hostel vodpbe.

Nasangga! We are in a process of opening a bar inside the Hostel, it will be working from 18 untill midnight everyday from this week on. We do understand a place this dimension classified as a Hostel should and WILL have an interesting and comfy get together area! We will have a game room as well by the end of the year.

This place is like a hotel, beds are lovely and comfy with duvets not just sheets and no bunk beds! There isn't much to do in the town itself but there are good links to both sides of the falls. Lovely warm showers and a nice breakfast. No bar or communal areas so lacks atmosphere and bars outside are a bus ride away Booked a female dorm but ended up in mixed, didn't mind myself but may be an issue for others

This is not a hostel but rather a hotel. Very modern and well maintained. No common areas to socialize or meet people this was a very impersonal and clinical experience.

Mark! We are in a process of opening a bar inside the Hostel, it will be working from 18 untill midnight everyday from this week on; We do understand a place this dimension classified as a Hostel should and WILL have an interesting and comfy get together area! We will have a game room as well by the end of the year.

This Hostel is brand new (July 2014). It is basically an ex 3 star Hotel that is now a Hostel. In fact they day I arrived it had the old Hotel name still up and the next day it had the New Che Lagarto signage. Great location near the bus terminal and restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff. They just need to make filtered water easily available on the main and 1st floors.

Everything was pretty great except for the customer service.. It took us about 45 minutes total just to check in and then the girl overcharged us as well. We had booked online and paid a deposit and had $30 USD left and when we came to pay it she pulled a conversion rate out of nowhere from USD to Brazilian reals and overcharged us. Not cool. I thought she might have just known the rate but when I looked on my bank statement later it was more than $30 USD. All staff were friendly though.

• 9th Jul 2014

Best hostel we've stayed in during two months in south america. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, room was perfect and the shower was amazing! The breakfast was huge, with loads of choice. Definitely recommend!

Best hostel room I have ever stayed in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a very quiet hostel, with not much contact between guests, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you want out of the stay. I'd definitely recommend it!

View all Foz do Iguacu Hostels