Che Lagarto Hostel and Suites Foz do Iguaçu Reviews

Avenida Juscelino Kubitschek, 874 Centro, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

It's almost like an hotel; clean, jacuzzi, good breakfast. If you prefer a more social hostel you should maybe pick another one. Other than that, no complaints!

Great hostel, almost like an hotel; clean, bright, all the facilities you need. Awesome jacuzzi!! When I was there not a lot of socializing going on, but that might be different in the high season.

Not really a Hostel, more a Hotel and the breakfast ist amazing!

I just stayed there for 1 night so i couldnt evaluate as it should be but it was really good, i first room that they gave me had a problem with the eletricity but the staff moved me to another one which was working just fine... so, no big problems. They staff was really helpfull and the cleanliness was good as well. The bed was one of the best ive ever tried of any hostel.

More of a hotel than a hostel. Good breakfast selection and very helpful staff.

Often seemed like front desk was to busy. Perhaps need more staff?

The staff here are awesome! So friendly and helpful. Thank you to all the staff you made our stay amazing! The rooms are clean and comfortable. There's a pool and spa on the roof and sunset roof top drinks every night. There's a little tour company to book all your Iguazu falls needs. Complimentary breakfast. The hostel is new so no old building problems. People of all ages staying in this hostel was great to see.

Fantastic hostel. Super clean and great facilities! Staff very good. If only this hostel was in, say rio or buenos aires!

Really can't recommend this place highly enough, superbly located in the centre of town, very close to the local bus terminal which gives access to the falls and itaipu dam. Feels more like a hotel but at hostel prices, the roof patio is great to chill out, rooms were clean and comfy and staff were super helpful with all my enquiries. Only thing missing is a book exchange! Also, beers aren't cheap but I brought some into the hostel and no one seemed to mind

Hostel was more like a hotel standard (except with hostel atmosphere) with an amazing buffet breakfast. Staff were the best I've come across. All lovely and willing to help. They offer you a free drink on arrival. Would definitely recommend to all travellers. One of my favourite hostels in South America so far.

I cannot rate this place highly enough. The staff were really welcoming and went above and beyond to help with any queries. It is clean and promotes a good social atmosphere. Also very close to the bus station, so easy to visit all the attractions from here.

Great value for money, more like a hotel considering the facilities, breakfast etc ! Really nice stay! One of the best hostels in Brazil for sure!

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Couldn't have been any better! The staff were super friendly and helpful, wish we had stayed longer and will be definitely be staying at more che lagarto hostels on our trip!

• 23rd Sep 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in my life! Definetely worth the money (which was really cheap). I don't know how could it be any better. Location, breakfast, staff, everything was great.

• 23rd Sep 2014

For a hostel that opened two months ago it is already very well developed. Staff is so nice, friendly and helpfull. The beds are amazing and so is the breakfast. Only one small remark about the kitchen, there is not a lot pans and other things to cook with but going out for lunch en dinner is so cheap that you almost dont want to stay in an prepare your own meal. Definitly stay at this hostel if you are gonna stay in foz do iguacu.

Thanks for all your service. Good luck.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

This really is the best of both worlds as it's like a hotel but social like a hostel. The breakfast is amazing, sunset drinks on the terrace, beautiful clean modern rooms, close to stores, and the staff are above all else- amazing. If I had more space to write I would! They REALLY go out of their way to help you(I hurt my foot in Rio and they took me to see a doctor, get a moon boot etc.. You won't regret staying here for any reason. Thank you so much for having me!!

This hostel is amazing!! I really enjoyed my stay there. The rooms are very clean and the beds very comfy :) The breakfast is great...youu can choose from different types of bread, fruits, cakes and natural Juices. The best part of the hostel is the staff! Very friendly, helpful and always happy! I also enjoyed the free Caipirinhas watching the sunset every afternoon from the rooftop of the hostel! For m the best hostel I´ve ever stayed in!

Che Lagarto is a newly opened hostel/hotel. My room was spotless, spacious, had a large flatscreen tv, good hot shower and a nice view. The hostel is safe, and it's location is central, close to tasty restaurants. The staff are extremely friendly and happy to help plan your visit to the nearby attractions - A special mention to Veronica for her friendly help! The hostel has a good atmosphere - it has a bar & nightly drinks on the roof to watch sunset. The breakfast is out-of-this world amazing!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in so far. Clean. Noce beds. Friendly and very helpful staff and a great buffet. In some aspects mentioned above hotel quality. Also great is the roof terrace on top of the 8th floor with a good view over Foz and Ciudad del Este and a Yacuzzi.

View all Foz do Iguacu Hostels