Che Lagarto Hostel and Suites Foz do Iguaçu Reviews

Avenida Juscelino Kubitschek, 874 Centro, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

This Hostel is brand new (July 2014). It is basically an ex 3 star Hotel that is now a Hostel. In fact they day I arrived it had the old Hotel name still up and the next day it had the New Che Lagarto signage. Great location near the bus terminal and restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff. They just need to make filtered water easily available on the main and 1st floors.

Everything was pretty great except for the customer service.. It took us about 45 minutes total just to check in and then the girl overcharged us as well. We had booked online and paid a deposit and had $30 USD left and when we came to pay it she pulled a conversion rate out of nowhere from USD to Brazilian reals and overcharged us. Not cool. I thought she might have just known the rate but when I looked on my bank statement later it was more than $30 USD. All staff were friendly though.

• 9th Jul 2014

Best hostel we've stayed in during two months in south america. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly, room was perfect and the shower was amazing! The breakfast was huge, with loads of choice. Definitely recommend!

Best hostel room I have ever stayed in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a very quiet hostel, with not much contact between guests, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you want out of the stay. I'd definitely recommend it!

Extremely clean hotel with very nice and cheap rooms. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly we couldn't have asked for any better. Would definitely stay here again :)

• 26th Jun 2014

we stayed here the day it open. A hotel being converted to hostel. Staff excellent. I love you Natalie. Few hiccups only cause it first started no signage on street. I'm sure this would have be rectified by now.

Great double room. Staff received us on a late flight with no problems and answered all our questions. Breakfast buffet was amazing and room had a tv and private bathroom. Two blocks to main bus terminal and easy to catch bus to airport, Paraguay and the falls. Staff was awesome! Would stay again for sure!

View all Foz do Iguacu Hostels