Che Lagarto Suites Copacabana Anita Reviews

Rua Anita Garibaldi #87 / Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Had a great time and the staff were very very helpful and it helped that many spoke English which helped us a lot

• 28th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Really clean, amazing showers, free towels and even tonnes of English tv channels for chilling out in the morning. But don't expect to come here to meet people. As its suites, everyone just hangs out with their friends.

Really nice hostel in a great location in Copacabana, everything was nearby - supermarket, money exchange and plenty of restuarants. Only 5 min walk to beach. Breakfasts were really good every morning. Room had great air con. Very helpful fronk desk staff as well. Would highly recommend staying here.

Absolutely loved our stay from the second we arrived to the second we checked out. The staff are so lovely , friendly and helpful. Great location for copacabana beach and easy to get to all of the tourist destinations . Staff always helpful in giving bus and metro information . I can't fault the place at all. Amazing and I was sad to leave . I will be staying here 100% on my next rio trip .

• 12th Dec 2015

Great staff and location as well as good pricing. One of the best hostels I've stayed at in all of south America

• 24th Nov 2015

Wi-Fi needs improvement -

The hostel is very nice in general had a great stay, I like the room and the staff was nice, and is a good location close to the beach, the only think that i didn´t like was that we ask to pay everthing in advance, and the last day when were leving and the taxi driver wating for us. They deside to tell us that we had on night without payment... which we where told before was all paid, it made us feel skamed to be to be ask to pay and extra night in the minute when you have to take a plane.

Nice hostel. TVs in the room with sports channels showing English football was a bonus!

Had the best time at this hostel! Amazing staff great location.. Very sad to leave! Thanks soooo much Kendal xx

• 22nd Oct 2015

great place to stay if travelling as a couple. clean and very comfortable

Spent four nights here on October 2015. The hostel is well located, a short walk from the beach, and right around the corner from the underground station and ATMs, a laundromat and a market. The atmosphere is a bit quite, partly because the place leans closed to a bed and breakfast, so there isn't much interaction among residents.The breakfast (included) was wholesome, the room while clean and comfortable may be a little too close for two people.

We enjoyed our time in this clean and friendly hostel. It had a good location to Copacabana beach and via the hostel we were able to book a good day tour of Rio (Bealocal tour company) catching all the major tourist attractions. The staff were helpful and offered a good airport transport service. The breakfast was really good, with lots of variety. The only real downside of this hostel was the price, it was quite expensive (for a hostel) during the time we went.

The staff is amazing!! They ar so kind and helpful. Very good english and spanish speakers. The location is perfect yo can get the beach in only 5 blocks Very good breakfast with the best brasilian coffe I will back for sure in my next trip to Rio de Janeiro. Thanks a lot guys!!!

Staff was very very helpful. Location is great. Some Facilities are at low level, like the toilet paper and towels.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Israel

Clean, smart hostel in a convenient location in Copacabana. Friendly and helpful staff.

Fantastic hostel/hotel, highly recommended! Staff are great, they organise lots of tours for you to be picked up from the hostel. Close to metro and supermarkets, great bakery 4 doors down. 5 minute walk to the beach and you can hire bikes from the hostel. Breakfast was great and rooms are cleaned daily. Stay here!

Only complaint is that we asked for 2 separate beds and was not made.

Great stay. Only complaint is I asked for the beds to be split but I think staff forgot.

Great staff! Their willingness to provide specific details concerning any request was comforting! Def a must stay !

The staff were so lovely and friendly and made you feel very welcome, nothing was a problem for them, John on reception was particularly friendly and most helpful with anything you asked him. I would highly recommend this hostel as a place to stay, as a lone traveler I felt safe and secure at all times.

• 25th Aug 2015