Che Lagarto Suites Copacabana Santa Clara Reviews

Av. Santa Clara 304, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff were very nice and extremely helpful! The location is a bit far from the Metro/bus/beach.

Security was good - nice and easy to get in/out if the hostel while still feeling safe thanks to the 24hr reception. friendly, helpful staff who all spoke English was a blessing! Great location! very clean, nice hostel. Good sizes rooms, comfortable beds and ensuites. Hot/cold showers with good water pressure and excellent air con was amazing after a long flight.

• 28th Jan 2016

Good breakfast, friendly staff but it looks more like a hotel for couples than a hostel, so just be aware of that so you don't choose a hostel that doesn't fit you

Definitely would recommend! The staff were all so lovely, extremely helpful and always ready to offer tips and directions. Breakfast was great too, and the location is perfect - near the beach with lots of shops and restaurants nearby. I loved the book exchange. They offer a fantastic city tour which I highly recommend. My mother and I got a nice spacious comfy room. The hot water in the shower came and went, but it's so hot in Rio anyway you don't really need much. Great place to stay!

It wasn't the first time I've been to a Che Lagarto hostel, and that's because of experiences like the one I just had at Che Lagarto Santa Clara I'll continue to use their services every time I can. They had a very attentive customer care, clean and comfortable rooms, and a tasty breakfast, all in an excellent location. It was a great experience.

My mom and I had a nice stay at che lagarto. The private was very comfortable, felt much like a hotel, and a great price! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, they even make eggs if you request it. Wifi was excellent and there's a computer to use. 10 min walk from Copacabana beach. Last 2 days there was no water which was annoying because we couldn't shower. It would have been nice to be reimbursed or compensated for not having use of all facilities. Overall, great stay.

As the first hostel we have stayed in in South America, we enjoyed our stay. Staff were extremely helpful and breakfast was very adequate.

• 7th Oct 2015

We stayed there for 3 nights . It was perfect. I felt like home. It's a great location in Copacabana, close to everything (beach, market, bank, supermarket, restaurants, metro, ... ), and the staff was amazing, they really took their time ,to give me all the details about activities around Rio and all recommendations I needed. Mauricio was great, he can also french ( INCREDIBLE !! ) and Magali was nice and they were also convenient. Breakfast was really great. I recommend the place definitely

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels