Che Lagarto Suites Copacabana Santa Clara Reviews

Av. Santa Clara 304, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Che Lagarto is one of those places where you feel exactly how you feel at home. I can't thank the staff enough! Really clean private room and really good breakfast! I only had a little problem with the shower but they fixed it on the same day. Coming back to the hostel next time in Brazil for sure!

• 22nd Sep 2014

We'd like to thank the excellent staff at Che Lagarto, Santa Clara for making us feel so welcome. It makes such a difference when you are a long way from home. The staff were incredible; the location perfect for the beach and the hostel was extremely clean with a wonderful atmosphere. Thank you very much again to all the staff for taking time to help us and for so friendly.

kitchen space isnt massive compared to other hostels we have stayed in and they could do with a few kitchen utensils but apart from that the hostel is great and we fully reccomend it if you are staying in rio and want a little more than just a hostel but at great prices

Super staff and very good cleaners and kitchen personel.

Great place, the staff is awesome and breakfast is excellent. The beds are really confortable, the only thing is that the bathroom in my room was a bit small but always very clean! Definitely, the best way to finish my trip in South America.

Great hostel, only complaint is that in the 5 days I was there, I didn't get a single hot shower (morning, noon, or night) - a problem given it was winter.

Good Hostel if you decide to stay in a private room with comfy beds. it is located in a quiet street in Copacabana, short walk from the beach and groceries stores, bus stops or metro station. Victor at reception is always up to help you, providing information about the area and make your stay easy. Id recommend this hostel =)

Victor was super friendly and helpful, as was Magdalena. They really looked after us and made us feel at home. The room was functional, very clean and a good size. Breakfast had a variety of fruit, breads and jams. Wifi was reliable.

I was a bit nervous flying into Rio during the world cup but the guys made my stay very comfortable (thanks Margarit, Victor, Joe!) . They organised an airport pick up, gave us information for where to go out at night , booked us the favela tour (a must see) and answered any other queries we had. The double room was basic but clean and the rate very reasonable considering the World Cup. The breakfast is good also. The location is just a short walk to Copacobana Beach and the area felt safe. I'd

• 19th Jun 2014

Good for travelling couples, but is not much of a social scene here. No bar, no real common area and no planned group nightlife activities. However, the free breakfast is great, the staff is super helpful, and the room was clean.

• 23rd May 2014