Che Lagarto Suites Paraty Reviews

Rua Marechal Deodoro s/n, Paraty, Brazil

We stayed in a private double in Che Lagarto suites, and the hostel was fantastic. The room was spacious, clean and well furnished. The hostel was in a perfect location for the bus station and the historical centre- both 5 minutes walk away. The staff were very helpful, and suggested local attractions and tours. The main hostel site (directly over the road) offered meals in the evening for 20BRL, which were homemade and incredible value.

First of all, I find it very frustrating when I book a two bed room and am put in a room with one bed. This is unacceptable. I am not traveling with a partner and booked two beds for a reason. Arrived late and evening staff was no help and said that I can talk to someone in the am (stayed just one night) about the situation. Hostel was empty, had to go across the road constantly for assistance. The morning staff were much friendlier/helpful. Room was really nice breakfast was good and fresh.

Really great room, great value for money although the place didn't have any real atmosphere. Jonathan was really excellent on reception in the morning, giving good advice and was really friendly, however the receptionist in the afternoon was rude and unhelpful which let the place down a fair bit.

I stayed in the suites for two nights, which is across the road from the main dorm facility. The suites area is very quiet but I could head across the road and hang out in the bar area with other travellers I met. Good live band. Good facilities. My room was fine although water pressure and bathroom facility not so good; and no wifi in the suites area. The wifi in the other section was a bit sketchy but this is the norm in Brasil it seems.